ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 1.2 16v Dynamique

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Been on this site for a couple of years now but never really bothered with a progress thread. Thought id just pop a small one on here of what ive done so far:

So, when I turned 17 I picked up my little 51 plate 1.2 16v Dynamique, with all the fancy extras like climate control etc. With 40,000 miles on the clock.

Here's how she first looked:

IMG_0003.jpg

web2-2.jpg

I soon started by adding the popular RS grille mod, very nice, simple mod:

IMG_0024.jpg

IMG_0025.jpg

I then, very foolishly added these horrid rear light, that I drove about with for a while until realizing they looked gash, so have since removed and returned to standard:

IMG_0079.jpg

:dead:

A few months down the line I decided to buy myself some alloys and found these KEI Forces 10's on the cheap so picked them up with some Toyo Proxy's, I also tinted my rear windows to 80%:

Photo0067.jpg

Photo0069.jpg

After a few weeks of riding around in this monster truck I managed to pick up some 40mm lowering springs :D Not to low, but low enough to make my wheels look part of my car!

Photo0091.jpg

Photo0096.jpg

Photo0095.jpg

B-A.jpg

Good times.....

However not long after id had her lowered this happened in a college car park.....................

DSCF1125.jpg

3 weeks before FCS 10 I might add :mad: :mad: :mad:

Anyways had a b**ch at the bodyshop place because I wanted it done for the show, and after 10days away she was returned spik and span :D

29778_436519450991_526050991_557079.jpg

and ready for FCS:

28458_438865600991_526050991_563421.jpg

28438_438996485991_526050991_563914.jpg

28438_438996470991_526050991_563914.jpg

So thats it so far, in brief. Ive recently bought some aero blade wipers which look alot smarter, and ive painted my calipers and drums in black just to smarter her up. im just trying to hunt down some decent clear side repeaters from somewhere on the cheap?

Oh, almost forgot just recently fitted my Ktec supersport stealth system, yet to get some pics but here's a quick vid, you'll need to turn up your bass as its filmed on my s**tty old phone:

Last edited by a moderator:
  Clio
I would have took it to FCS with a sticker on the rear window saying T-CUT THAT OUT ! with a an arrow lol

nice little clio

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
haha! love that Idea, might get someone to drive into the side of her for next year :clown:

clio mk2 1.6 16v
lol that would of been class to do that! nice clean looking car mate! how much was the repair bill on that? if you dont mind me asking.

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
lol that would of been class to do that! nice clean looking car mate! how much was the repair bill on that? if you dont mind me asking.

Thanks mate, erm well I only paid £300 excess, the total damage cost just over £2000 apparently, nearly wrote it off :quiet:

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
lovely clean car for its age, thats a b**ch about the college car park incident though.
i like the stance, not too keen on "slammed" cars, but id still go slightly lower.

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
yea seriously fucked me off! lol, arh well its all sorted now. Yea id like to get some coilovers at some point maybe.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Looking very smart, I like what you've done so far and the exhaust sounds nice too.

mk2 ph1 1.4 S
40mm springs?

Get the 60mm kit with dampers think it's spax... Not too low and won't tying the shocks like just springs...

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
yea, at the time i didn't want to go too low, but i am considering going slightly lower though, although the I do scrape my splitter at times.

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
My RS grill I got from the Renault dealership near me, but be warned that it'll be expensive.

and as for more plans, ermm ive got some clear side repeaters on their way, just a small mod but should smarten it up a little bit. Im not sure what else to do tbh, lol

Turbos.
Yeah, was going to say, back in the day i looked into an RS grille and it was mega money. Does make a surprising difference though, much better.

Not a major fan of the wheels and really don't get why you'd get the rear windows tinted? Appreciate you're young and probably don't have loads of money, but i would have rather have put the tint money into better wheels.

Nice colour though, and a bonus getting one with climate! Get it colour coded and it will look so much better.

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Yeah, was going to say, back in the day i looked into an RS grille and it was mega money. Does make a surprising difference though, much better.

Not a major fan of the wheels and really don't get why you'd get the rear windows tinted? Appreciate you're young and probably don't have loads of money, but i would have rather have put the tint money into better wheels.

Nice colour though, and a bonus getting one with climate! Get it colour coded and it will look so much better.

The wheels i saw on offer, although weren't my first choice, as for the tints, they were a gift from a friend for giving lifts for ages, lol, so I was i couldnt really turn them down :rasp:

How much would colour coding set me back?

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
colour coding should set you back the cost of a can of red paint and an afternoon! :p

you should get silvervision indicator bulbs, really freshens up the look of the lights

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
colour coding should set you back the cost of a can of red paint and an afternoon! :p

you should get silvervision indicator bulbs, really freshens up the look of the lights

haha, yea but knowing me, id make a right mess tbh. Id want it done properly.

yea im gunna pick some up at some point. got any decents links to some cheapens?

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
ok, thanks mate, well my vin plate isn't on my door, I think the bodyshop who repaired my damaged removed it, or put it somewhere else :S

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Quick update, managed to get some clear side indicators, looking at putting it on coilovers in the new year, i'll whack some pics up later

Octavia VRS LE
great looking clio mate, same as me lowered 40 mm looking for coilovers in the new year too. like the alloys, look smart on there. i have tints but was thinking about removing them. not sure yet. lol

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
great looking clio mate, same as me lowered 40 mm looking for coilovers in the new year too. like the alloys, look smart on there. i have tints but was thinking about removing them. not sure yet. lol

Thanks mate, I'm probably going to get some Rokkor pikey specials, heard some good reviews on them, as I'm putting it on coilovers for looks, not for performance as its only a 1.2. How dark are your rear tints? Mine are 80%, which a friend got me them for my 18th birthday so couldn't turn them down, lol. Didn't want full Limo.

Octavia VRS LE
i have no idea to be honest mate, they arent limo style, you can see through them when your at an angle or the suns beating down on you. but they are dark. and same about the coils with me only a 1.2 so going for looks. get to the performance once i get a few no claims bonus years behind me, and get a clio sport. lol.

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
looking forward to seeing this with the rokker coilovers!! should look sweet after that

Thanks mate, coilovers should be here by Tuesday, awaiting my spacers, and my camber bolts are here, so im almost set. Praying I get them fitted next weekend.

baring that for coilovers. It does need some low's desperately. Btw, how much did it cost to get your k-tech stealth fitted? or did you do it yourself?

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
baring that for coilovers. It does need some low's desperately. Btw, how much did it cost to get your k-tech stealth fitted? or did you do it yourself?

ey?

As for my K-tec stealth, I fitted it myself, although its not as 'stealthy' as they say it is. Ktec also say if you get them to fit it they can make it hidden, but there is actually no more room for it to go up any further.

Lol, iPhone correction FTL!

I meant, "bargin that for coilovers"
Also 'some lows'= to be lowered (basically)

Hm, strange. I'm thinking of getting the recessed, but just wondered how simple it was to fit etc.

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Lol, iPhone correction FTL!

I meant, "bargin that for coilovers"
Also 'some lows'= to be lowered (basically)

Hm, strange. I'm thinking of getting the recessed, but just wondered how simple it was to fit etc.

haha, no worries, I was like erm wtf does that mean! Yeah, cheap as chips mate :approve: Really want to go lower than 40mm.

The exhaust is a piece of piss to fit tbh mate, its just hassle getting your old one off if its rusty. Make sure you get new hangers though, if yours are anything like my old one they"ll be fucked and your exhaust will sag.