ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MX5 Number 2.

FLOL!

Anyone know where I can get one of those extra low jacks that isn't Costco (I don't have a card)?

EDIT: F**k that actually. I'll just build some ramps when I need them!

Last edited:
  Trophy #382
I bought one pretty much exact same spec a couple months ago, mine also has a rattle when letting off the accelerator?

Love mine though!

I bought one pretty much exact same spec a couple months ago, mine also has a rattle when letting off the accelerator?

Love mine though!

To be honest it could be anything - I've not bothered to have a look yet as it's not really affecting the way it drives. My best guess would be the heat shield covering the exhaust manifold?

Get a member on here to go to costco with you? That's what I did (thanks Tom)

That's a fair call! I'll ask around.

I also need Rhys to sort me out an MOT... or at least point me in the right direction of one! ;)

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
No problems. Sorting someone else out with one atm. I think it should pass regardless if the sills are okay, that said though, if it's not going to pass, he'll tell you and it just so happens he's one of the best welders I've ever met.

Also pretty sure Jon.G is a member of costco.

Yeah, it's just the sticking rear brake that I'm worried about - should be sorting that out as soon as the parts come and I get a jack though.

MOT runs out on the 12th IIRC, so need something sorting quick sharp.

I'm never down south, no :(
I've been eyeing up a genuine Eunos key blank as they look real tasty, and then I'd get another cheapo blank for a spare. Don't want to start spending excess money on crap though! lol

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Looks like you've got quite a bit to work on there! Look forward to updates :)

Edition 30
Or just don't be a spanner and dont lock the keys in the boot again!

Necessaties > Impulse!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Flol at wanting to weld the diff after skidding at 20! :eek:

no doubt thisll be incredibly sexy in no time. I had a go of danmc's at the weekend with a welded diff. I can honestly say I'd kill myself If I had one as a daily lol!

Adz

Work van
yes!! :eek: this is going to be a great project, really pleased you got one again bud :approve:

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Subscribed :)

Like you say, it needs a bit of work doing to it. But it's no mission impossible;)

Looking foward to the updates mate.

Lol, it looks bloody knackered. That's the best thing about 5's tho, little money to get them looking sweet.

FLOL!

Anyone know where I can get one of those extra low jacks that isn't Costco (I don't have a card)?

EDIT: F**k that actually. I'll just build some ramps when I need them!

I hope you're better at building ramps than i am. Me and the Mrs took an hr, half a broken fence and about ten bricks before we could fit our 'low' Halfords jack underneath ours.

Jon, that would be absolutely brilliant! Let me know when we could go etc :)

I'll be able to make some progress this week when the various parts arrive, but lows etc won't be happening this month, I'm not made of money!
The horrible TSW's don't actually have terrible fitment, so I might be able to get away with them for a month or two if I get some coilovers... did a quick PS earlier and it didn't look so bad!

Oh, btw Adz I've not forgotten, just had a sh*t load on the past week with work etc. Expect a PM tomorra with your PS ;)

if i can make mine half as nice as yours I'll be dead happy!

work for BMW
I want an mx5 and showed my gf a couple days ago and she was like , that wouldn't suite you at all, they are for 40year old married men, stick to a clio or polo. :(:(:(:(:(:(

Adz

Work van
Oh, btw Adz I've not forgotten, just had a sh*t load on the past week with work etc. Expect a PM tomorra with your PS ;)

if i can make mine half as nice as yours I'll be dead happy!

no rush for it buddy, mine really needs the paint doing then she will be mint :dapprove: but now mine is soo low with two people in the car the exhaust is mm away from the floor and regularly makes contact haha!

im sure yours will be a peach when its all complete

Where's this PS?!

Here!

7168681173_6ed74d6a48_z.png

PS by j0eyD, on Flickr

I've seen worse MX5's!

Just about to start on that picture you sent me Adz, give it 20 minutes...

Well, I'm going to be sticking it on cheap XXR's to start with (£380ish a set 15x8.25 ET0) - so there's no use wasting money on others. I'd get 14" daisies and just make it look standard if I was going to swap these out, but I think that's money better spent elsewhere!
Not going to get a G.V. lip; I much prefer the standard R-package lip, and I'm aiming to be too low to be able to have the G.V lip anyway eventually...

Really like SSR mesh's Gaz, shame they're so much to ship over here as adaptors wouldn't really be a problem at that price! Only 7" wide though :(

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Looks dangerous. I like it! :eek:

Look forward to more pics mate.

That's not a bad price, but I'd rather spend £80 more and have the genuine items.. also, the XXR's I'm after are of a different style.

527's

IMG_5539.jpg

or 522's

4929536989_9a3a9e7f48_z.jpg

I'd be happy with either tbh, especially for the price...

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Bought as a serious project? We both know Seb's is mental!