ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mountain Lion - OS X.8

AK

M240i
Bits or bytes? WTF.

Whatever this is!

f**k IT.

5d6185cf-04d9-fb9a.jpg

Your connection speed according that test is 7 Megabits per second. Which equates to around 0.9 Megabytes per second.

One more time. For the purposes of internet speed tests, there are 8 bits per byte. So you divide your advertised speed (in bits) by eight, to arrive at your more normally expressed download speed in bytes.

AK, your connection is around 8 MegaBITS per second. Not great, but hardly super slow.

AK

M240i
Oh, sorry, yeah.

The pic above is Scotland (my mums, like I said).

A speed test in London brings up 1.20 in the download speed section.

dk

911 GTS Cab
speed tests are crap over wifi anyway, i get something around 6mb/s when i do a speed test, but download from a newsgroup i get 20mb/s consistently.

plug my laptop into the router with a wire (i know, they actually still exist!) and i get the 20mb/s, move back to wifi, laptop next to the router and its s**t again.

i only found out today that wifi is half duplex, get that, never knew.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Has anyone been able to get the Power Nap function working with their NAS drives?

Everytime I put my Retina MBP into sleep mode it stops the back-up!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I don;t use that feature but I do have an issue with networked drives. When I drag a file to my NAS in finder it copies over but doesn't come up with the progress box which shows time remaining etc, instead it just locks up finder until the transfer is complete, which with my POS cheapo NAS is a bloody long time!

I'm running lion on the iMac and that is working fine.