ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mountain Lion - OS X.8

Bus w**ker
Tried looking in system preferences to see what sounds are assigned to what action? Isn't 'Whoosh' the default for when an email is sent and possibly iMessage? I have most of them turned off so can't remember.

Oh hi...

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Just downloaded Disk Inventory X, amazing how much crap i had. 16gb of an old photo book that i did hidden in a folder!!

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Just to be clear the "Whoosh" sound is iMessage and the exact notification is "buddy has signed in"

I have mine linked to FB chat so I guess that is what it is.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Bought my first macbook pro yesterday, when its delivered ill be sure to upgrade to this.

Bus w**ker
Would have thought it would come with Mountain Lion as standard, but if for some reason it doesn't you'll just have to do the upto date program for free.

AK

M240i
Can you get a flash drive of it for free from Apple? I don't fancy downloading a massive file on my pauper 1meg connection.

Bus w**ker
No really you are and you know it. Just man up to Chico and tell him you need faster broadband to share between the 27 of you in your bedsit.

AK

M240i
Get in the mood.

Wait for vid to buffer.

Get going.

Wait for vid to buffer.

See a tit.

Vid buffers.

Watch the music channel instead.

Done.

Generally, you divide your connection speed by 8, to get an idea of what your download should be. Mb vs. MB. Megabit vs. Megabyte.

Unless AK means he gets 1MB download speeds, which is not so bad but still crap.

Err. Well if AK is getting 1MB downloads, then that suggests his connection speed is in the region of 8Mb, but if Liam is getting a 0.5Mb connection, then he may as well give up.

So I think it's just all round confusion.