ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mountain Lion - OS X.8

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Can't you download the Dev now Tom? You normally have things downloaded and installed before apple themselves have heard about it lol.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Didn't take long for Lion to get replaced lol

Well it hasnt been yet.

Apple are changing the way they release OS's from every 2ish years to 1 year so this is the future. I'd expect this to be around $20.

Can't you download the Dev now Tom? You normally have things downloaded and installed before apple themselves have heard about it lol.

I could, but beta OS's are best avoided.

Inferno 182 CUP
The features here look awesome.

Really starting to tie OS up with IOS.

Love the whole seamless integration ideas! Very very excited about this one. MUCH more than Lion!

BurnyC

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197
I managed to download the Messenger Beta just now, went back onto the page and the links down...interesting.

Looks really good though, all the features I've been wanting and then some! Any ideas on required computer specs?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
You know what I mean, you've expressed what appeared to be annoyance at Lion being replaced. Technically it hasn't. But this has probably got to be the shortest period between proper revisions.

You know what I mean, you've expressed what appeared to be annoyance at Lion being replaced. Technically it hasn't. But this has probably got to be the shortest period between proper revisions.

That was the gist of my post, I'm aware it's pending it just felt like a surprisingly rather than annoyingly short time after the release of Lion to be talking about its replacement. Certainly seemed longer intervals between Tiger, Leopard and Snow Leopard.

I'll definitely be getting this. In fact I'll hopefully be getting it with a new MBP when they release the new shape.

Inferno 182 CUP
How do i download my imessages to the new messages app on my mac?

EDIT: Fcking message limit ..

Okay so do i start a new conversation and it will appear on both devices or what?

Last edited:

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Look great.

Believe it or not, the thing i would use the most would defiantly be the notes lol.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Mountain Lion will only run on the following Macs:

iMac (mid 2007 or later)
MacBook (13-inch Aluminum, 2008), (13-inch, Early 2009 or later)
MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid-2009 or later), (15-inch, 2.4/2.2 GHz), (17-inch, Late 2007 or later)
MacBook Air (Late 2008 or later)
Mac Mini (Early 2009 or later)
Mac Pro (Early 2008 or later)
Xserve (Early 2009)
This means the following Macs which are supported under OS X Lion will not be able to run Mountain Lion (model identifiers in parentheses):

Late 2006 iMacs (iMac5,1, iMac5,2, iMac6,1)
All plastic MacBooks that pre-date the unibody redesign (MacBook2,1, MacBook3,1, MacBook4,1)
MacBook Pros released prior to June 2007 (MacBookPro2,1, MacBookPro2,2)
The original MacBook Air (MacBookAir1,1)
The Mid-2007 Mac mini (Macmini2,1)
The original Mac Pro and its 8-core 2007 refresh (MacPro1,1, MacPro2,1)
Late 2006 and Early 2008 Xserves (Xserve1,1, Xserve2,1)
If you're running Lion and not sure if your Mac is supported under Mountain Lion, go to the Apple Menu and select "About this Mac." Click "More Info," then click "System Report." You'll be presented with a window showing a Hardware Overview, and your Model Identifier will be the second entry from the top. If your Model Identifier matches the list above, then regrettably OS X Lion is the end of the road for your Mac.

The loss of support for all pre-unibody plastic MacBooks and the first-gen MacBook Air are likely to come as a big shock to many Mac users; personally I know many people who own the pre-unibody MacBooks. Dropping support for these models in Mountain Lion appears to have something to do with the Intel integrated graphics processors from that era; no Mac with an Intel GMA 950 or Intel GMA X3100 graphics processor will be supported in Mountain Lion.

(nicked from TUAW)

This was a bit out of the blue wasn't it? First I've heard anything about it.

Definate purchase - looks excellent, as per.

Ready for the rumoured iPad 3 keynote/release at end of Feb/early March.

Not really sure why anyone would run Chrome under Lion anyway. Unless something has changed since I last checked, nothing beats native Safari in terms of overall integration.

Inferno 182 CUP
Tell me you aren't running it!

No but a partition of my External HD is so i can swap between to test shmit.

Awaits the "My iMac has died, what do I do?" thread ...

You'll be waiting a while. I don't use an iMac.

Not really sure why anyone would run Chrome under Lion anyway. Unless something has changed since I last checked, nothing beats native Safari in terms of overall integration.

I agree except for the omni bar which pissed me off. Now safari really is king. Firefox and Chrome are gone.

S3, Polo

Agreed, Safari is fantastic in Lion. I *had* Chrome because Safari has an irritating habit of up-packing downloaded .zip files. This may be a feature that I can turn off, I've yet to find the setting?

Mk2 Golf GTI
Won't be upgrading unless it works out of the box with Logic. A lot of music related software has been slow to catch up with Lion in terms of compatibility.