ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mountain Lion - OS X.8

Bus w**ker
Since I upgraded my iMac has been restarting itself "due to a problem" (nice helpful error message) intermittently since 6am. Well fucked off. Gonna black the thing and install a fresh copy of ML tomorrow and see if that fixes it, if not then it's back off to Apple.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Well, since installing the software, my macbook is making weird swishing noises every now and then. any ideas?

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
My Safari is nowhere near as quick as everyone is making out. Either too much p**n or my machine is too old.

Bus w**ker
I tried it out to see what all the hype was about, can't tell any difference between it now and on Lion. Stick to my faithful chrome, Safari comes in handy though if I want to use iCloud sync'd tabs on my iPhone or iPad from something on my iMac...that's it.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
How do I stop a two finger swipe opening dashboard?

Also when I swipe left it goes back on a page in safari but when I swipe forward it changes tab!

Bus w**ker
Guessing you're on a trackpad, so system prefs -> trackpad. You can turn them on and off in there, no idea if you can adjust them though as I've not got a trackpad. If not google BetterTouchTool and use that.

My Safari is nowhere near as quick as everyone is making out. Either too much p**n or my machine is too old.

Well it's obviously still limited by data transfer, but for me, it's much snappier. It renders pages pretty much in an instant, and it's generally just smoother and more responsive.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Well it's obviously still limited by data transfer, but for me, it's much snappier. It renders pages pretty much in an instant, and it's generally just smoother and more responsive.

Safari was poo but the new one is slick as Roy says. Still unsure whether I prefer chrome, doing a safari trial ATM.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Any ideas why my macbook is making "whoosh" sounds every so often since upgrading to mountain lion?

Bus w**ker
Tried looking in system preferences to see what sounds are assigned to what action? Isn't 'Whoosh' the default for when an email is sent and possibly iMessage? I have most of them turned off so can't remember.

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
Late to the party, but I've just installed this today.

I can't believe how 3 year old hardware is still this fast! It runs flawlessly on my 2009 MBP.

An answer in itself to the standard 'Why is it so expensive, when my Dell was 1/3 of the price and is fine?' question from the Apple haters.

Finally got the update this morning, 45 mins from start of download to completed installation, impressive stuff, Safari is definitely quicker (2011 Mac Mini 2.5ghz).

One thing that could have been great, but isn't quite, is the Airplay functionality. Great if you have a MBA/MBP, but for those with desktops the lack of Bluetooth control on the ATV kind of makes it redundant for most things.

Well the reason I went with a small 128GB is I have a 500GB HDD drive too.

So programs and some other stuff go on the SSD
Music, videos, photos etc go on the HDD.

As for CDs......who uses those these days?! ;)