ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK3 Facelift Clio Project

Clio III Dynamique
Thought it was about time I got some pics of my car up and wrote a wee list of what ive got planned, more to remind me than anything else:

Car is a September 2009 '59' 1.2 Dynamique in Extreme Blue. Bought the car in March '12 after some old bint crashed into the side of my Astra Design and wrote it off, All Ive done to the car is add 11K miles to it, get it serviced, buy a set of genuine renault comfort evolution mats for it, buy good cleaning gear and clean it regularly and have a steering knuckle, drivers door window rubber seal and clutch pedal squeak sorted under warranty.

Plans for the wee car are:
- get nsf refurbed properly.
- proper detail to remove swirl marks etc.
- Ktec sprint spoiler (want GT spoiler but apparently requires a different tailgate and dont like the SX spoiler)
- philips silvervision indicator bulbs all round
- philips xenon effect headlight, main beam and side light bulbs
- whiter light front fog bulbs
- gloss black front bumper insert (as fitted to 2012 Dynamiques)
- genuine renault tailored mudflaps
- shorter aerial
- genuine renault boot liner
- Clio branded sill kick plates
- genuine Renault centre armrest
- piano black door pulls and centre console (as fitted to 2012 Dynamique)
- USB port to replace RCA aux socket like fitted to GT Line Clio (if possible)
- 197 steering wheel with matt silver renault sport spoke trim
- cruise control retrofit (once I figure out how to do it)
- factory bluetooth kit which uses standard stereo controls stalk and dash display
- alarm

Comments and suggestions welcome

Sorry for rubbish pics, taken with Blackberry.

398089_10152405791315481_2064334609_n.jpg

602899_10152405790100481_1951657964_n.jpg
581053_2214720903771_1996719268_n.jpg

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
I have a squeak with my clutch pedal too :(

Looks nice and clean, plans sound good too! I want the Ktec Sprint Spoiler also, they look really good :)

good luck with everything!

Looks good mate! :)

Check out my project thread.. i also have a mk3 facelift :) maybe you will get some ideas from my car?

Can you please explain more about the bluetooth in the car? I have the standard stereo and i would like to have bluetooth also in my Clio

Best Regards,
Stccedition

Clio III Dynamique
Looks good mate! :)

Check out my project thread.. i also have a mk3 facelift :) maybe you will get some ideas from my car?

Can you please explain more about the bluetooth in the car? I have the standard stereo and i would like to have bluetooth also in my Clio

Best Regards,
Stccedition

Renault fitted Bluetooth in to the "I-music" model which is a basic model of Clio and uses the same stereo as the non TomTom Dynamiques, it's made by Parrot but is an oem factory kit not an aftermarket one, I'm led to believe the kit plugs straight in to the cars wiring loom and is an easy retrofit which utilises the steering column mounted stereo controls and standard dash radio display unit, believe the part number is 7711421182, kit is apparently £30-ish though

Clio 1.2 16v TCE WS
Sweet ideas, i drive the same but with the world series kit on it, our ideas is much the same, i was half planning to spray the roof in the same gloss black as the bumper insert. Also.... have u seen tailored mudflaps for these ive been looking but havnt found any? will be following ur project :D

Clio III Dynamique
Sweet ideas, i drive the same but with the world series kit on it, our ideas is much the same, i was half planning to spray the roof in the same gloss black as the bumper insert. Also.... have u seen tailored mudflaps for these ive been looking but havnt found any? will be following ur project :D

Renault dealers sell tailored Mudflaps buddy.

i almost bought a World Series but it was in poor condition, all alloys kerbed, front splitter snapped and bits of it ripped off, dings on doors and rear quarter panels, front bumper scuffed, dealer said they would fix it all but I bought this one from them instead as it was fresher, straighter and cleaner car.

have you got a thread?

Clio III Dynamique
Thought I'd give this a wee quick update.

not much happening with the car lately, only things to report are: got a stubby aerial from a Citroen C8 for it, needed 2 new tyres, passed its mot first time, needed new front pads, and I've finally got around to getting my badly refurbed passenger alloy fixed properly.

also got som decent cleaning gear to give the car a proper clean when the good weather finally appears (if at all)

Clio MK3- Chatterbox
Hi

Nice car, very clean in the pics.........

​Im interested in what you said about changing the RCA input for one with usb? Anyluck with this? What would the benefit be?

I also have the same spec car, but mines the 5 door tce....

Have a look at my thread.. :)

​Thanks Craig

Clio III Dynamique
Another update:

was down in Yarmouth a few days on holiday and some bell end in a ex post office Combo van ran into the back of me, just got the car back from bodyshop after having a new bumper and the whole back end resprayed

not got much spare moolah for getting any big mods done but I really want to get rid of the crap output of the headlights, the yellowy look so silvervisions, led sidelights and decent headlight bulbs plus led interior light are coming asap