ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 F4R/172'd Track Car Project [Year 3 - Engine and Chassis Rebuild]

Re: Mk1 F4R/172'd Track Car Project

7800rpm, well it bounces past that on the clocks. Its just the data plot on the graph thats incorrect.

JDM Dc2

7800rpm, well it bounces past that on the clocks. Its just the data plot on the graph thats incorrect.

ah right, just watched the video and thought 'yeh it bounces the limiter but why is the graph 500rpm short' lol

As mentioned previously I was at Anglesey last Saturday - despite the forecast being fine it p*ssed it down all day long. Needless to say I wont be going back unless its the middle of summer and hopefully dry!

AI4C1911.jpg

AI4C1458.jpg

AI4C0760copy.jpg

AI4C2861copy.jpg

Just about a tripod in the rain..

AI4C2498.jpg

Had no issues with the car, but thats probably down to not being able to string together a single lap, as there was either too much rain or the back end would kindly come out thanks to the R888's... Towards the end of the video (below) the standing water was just absolute madness, wheelspin at 100mph in fourth came very easily...

Thats it for the year anyway, hopefully go back to Anglesey next summer with some decent weather.

Last edited by a moderator:
  TrackCar & F30 330d

Haha, well at least your arms got a good work out. Looked like amazing fun but also really scary at the same time. I suppose at Anglesey it looks safe ish. But Brands Hatch in those conditions would be even more scary.

So thats it now, car can get into bed for the winter.

Black 172

what a shame u didnt do the full track, poo the short circuit ! looks like u had fun though!

Mk1 F4R

LOL wot a great weekend it was im sure we booked a trackday not a drift day :rasp:
Do have to say some epic powersliding from me at 1.50 onwards

wilky19

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon FR 184

you should have taken the beemer and powerslide round every corner.

drift y000!

cheers for the passenger laps Jord!

I also thought that was the short circuit! full circuit next summer!!!

Thing was, I don't see how they can justify £25 more for an extra two straights and to miss the proper corkscrew?

I'm surprised the remap keeps in closed look at full throttle, see how odd the torque curve looks below 4K, do you have the AFR curve to overlay?. With my near solid mounts the engine sounds horrible down there, and only sounds crisp above that. I know you have an old version RS Tuner map, so maybe that changes with the later version.

Unfortunately not, I think something happened to the lambda probe early on in the day and I was one of the last cars to run so never got an AFR readout. It doesnt feel like the graph looks when driving for some reason (up down up down) but who knows, maybe I'm just used to it...

And yeah, my RSTuner 'Group N' map is the 2008 one I think..

Yeah, it does sometimes until it feels like it 'picks up' very quickly. Although it does not feel like that all the time... it always had its days

Sunflower Ph1 172

Mental day.. some brilliant drifts, Adam is the true DK with that long drift on corner 3... can hear us giggling like school girls.

FOXY!!! (tis i, Stu, aka slammed106 on PoT! ) what a blog... 246 feckin pages.. two hundred and forty ******* six pages!!!! epic read for an epic car...

nice to get the full read of the car...

ps.. the cage to shell gussets look hard as nails.. obviously a fabrication god created them hahahahaa!!

Rang them and they said they wouldn't cover track days :(

Bad times, lucky I didnt need to use it. Il never go near Flux ever again, absolutely w*nk customer service and terms with regards to cancellations and the like.

FOXY!!! (tis i, Stu, aka slammed106 on PoT! ) what a blog... 246 feckin pages.. two hundred and forty ******* six pages!!!! epic read for an epic car...

nice to get the full read of the car...

ps.. the cage to shell gussets look hard as nails.. obviously a fabrication god created them hahahahaa!!

Indeed a god did create them lol - glad with how they turned out, they make the car/cage really especially with it all painted. There is alot of chat in here along with the updates, but its got pretty big over the past 2+ years. It will probably get a bit bigger when I decide to get my act together after christmas and tidy up a few bits on it before next year hopefully :)

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182

Saw this popup on my Youtube subs, great video and epic song choice :)

Mk1 Clio F4R'd

Glad to see the "more to come" in the video. Brilliant work bud, well done. The video doesnt show any of the heartache which makes this project even more epic!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

Jord!!! Jordy Jord Jords!

Roughly what size is the sunroof glass? I'm just pricing up some polycarb. Did you use 2 or 3mm?

Cheers mate. Hope you had a good xmas. x

Mines 3mm - As for size, im not sure to be honest. Id say you'd want it a meter wide and half a meter deep to have plenty of excess, depends what sizes you can get hold of it in though. Most places I looked at locally had large minimum orders... I ended up getting an off cut from a local signwriter who luckily had some clear 3mm that he sold me for cheap...

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

I was planning on ordering it off the tinternet, its cut to size already then! :D

Depends how much in a rush you are - the clio is 20 miles away, and my sunroof glass is 1 mile away with all my other parts. Although, after destroying the sump on the Beemer I haven't been down there lol. I'm going tomorrow afternoon to sort some other bits so can measure then if need be...

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

Nah its ok mate. Mines at work so i'll measure up tomorrow. Cheers for the offer though.

Well....... I went to start the Clio last night after it being sat since the 31st October. Started fine thankfully :)

Oh and another one I've only just got round to uploading... Not so many clips from 2010, but a good reminder of the fun had in 2009 :boring:

Last edited by a moderator:

Craig.M

ClioSport Club Member
  Valver, Octavia vRS

see at 5:04 did you actually hit the barrier or was it just mega close, watched the whole of that, some really are close lol, amazing car tho, hats off to you

TrackCar & F30 330d

Haha great video. The car is so tale happy when its a little bit damp or wet. Why do you think it was like that?