ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MarkCup's Fiesta ST

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
'been a while, about time for an update having tweaked my depreciation calculation; nothing to report other than it having had its second service.

Slide1_zps61238488.jpg

Slide2_zps60116dec.jpg

Slide4_zps86dd8baa.jpg

Slide3_zps7c717389.jpg

Listerine & Poledo
where are you getting the depreciation figures from fella?

Also, you clearly have vast swathes of spare time on your hands lol :)

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I have a 'sum of the digits' calc based on a residual value after 4 years. I looked at what market value is for mine and tweaked the residual value so the current value looks about right.

That's why leasing is right up my street. I couldn't keep a car for the ammount of time it would make financial sense.

Two years is pushing it for me. I would go bankrupt if I bought outright/financed and changed every 24 months!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I'd never buy a new car normally, just got unusual circumstances so I basically get a car for free for a year. Depreciation scares me!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
No brake pads in 27k miles? Pretty good going if they've seen track too!

Interesting figures, nice overall MPG tbh.
Especially considering how good they are on track. Only two days on this set but I've never had the slightest fade from them. Low dust too.

The only downside is how abrupt they are at low speeds, it's infuriating.

Especially considering how good they are on track. Only two days on this set but I've never had the slightest fade from them. Low dust too.

The only downside is how abrupt they are at low speeds, it's infuriating.
Ahh, presume it's the electronics making them abrupt?

I get it sometimes too in the Golf, its like "noob" mode or something.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
@MarkCup if it makes you feel any better the depreciation on my 200 has been £7.5k per year and i've had it two years. Lovely.

I'm more than happy with it as it is...I'm in for the long haul so that depreciation figure per mile/day is only ever going to go down and become smaller and smaller over time. By comparison over the two years and 30k miles I had my 200 (bought by me at 2 years old with 18k on it) I lost £4,250 in depreciation (bought £10,500, sold £6,250).

I'll not buy new again though...I'm happy letting the ballers take the hit for me.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Just to re iterate, the factory pads are brilliant. They took a hammering around donington today and suffered absolutely zero fade. Properly impressed with them!

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
I'm more than happy with it as it is...I'm in for the long haul so that depreciation figure per mile/day is only ever going to go down and become smaller and smaller over time. By comparison over the two years and 30k miles I had my 200 (bought by me at 2 years old with 18k on it) I lost £4,250 in depreciation (bought £10,500, sold £6,250).

I'll not buy new again though...I'm happy letting the ballers take the hit for me.

I'm sure I remember you saying the same thing about the 200 when you had it!

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
I did and it did! Whilst the pence per mile/day depreciation cost will go down over time it's still a huge amount unless you limit your loss by buying cheap in the first place.

Guess the point is doing what you've done is costing more looking at the bigger picture/plans change etc. You were also as enthusiastic about the 200 at the time. Time will tell how it is with the ST..!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Just a small update today having been to Surrey Rolling Road in its new location...and Charlie's lost none of his former consistency...this is just 0.2 bhp different from the last run I had there in the old location...

20141220srr_zps53f7de96.jpg

29,850 miles now, still not tired of the firm ride, still enjoy the drive to work every day, still go out at the weekend if time allows for a blast for an hour or so, economy has settled at 38-40 mpg over the last dozen or so fill-ups, second set of tyres will like make it to 35k miles and the OEM brake pads will make it to 30-32k.

:smiley:

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
As with buying any car new the value just drops through the floor. Did anyone see evo this month with the Audi R8 V10 Plus. Mr meaden had it specced from new and it lost 40k in 10 months.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
It's soon to be two years since I started this thread, I'm a third of the way into my planned five year ownership, and at 31,000 miles it's holding together well.

Haven't driven it much recently due to my neck surgery...the hard ride is very tough compared to the Scenic. Haven't cleaned it either so it's properly minging. Pains me but I'm not up to getting the pressure washer out yet, grrrr.

I'm still mostly rattle and squeak free on the inside and driving wise everything feels nice and taut. The factory fitted brake pads refuse to wear out and I'm due a tyre rotation soon to get the most from its second set of Bridgestones.

Having owned this and knowing how it feels and drives I can only imagine what it having 330 bhp (or 360 if MP Mountuned?) and AWD would feel like. Having been throwing about in my head the idea of a used 911 or new EcoBoost Mustang recently, the Focus RS has got my full attention.

Accountant head says no, 70k miles still to go in the ST. Every other part of me says f*** it, get one. Either way, no complaints.

IMG_20150207_111005_zpsxtbrgrx0.jpg

IMG_20150207_110925_zpsejmu3y9z.jpg

IMG_20150207_110945_zps2lovpvll.jpg

Slide1_zpsmcdz8btn.jpg

Slide2_zps7eeh2ruq.jpg

Slide3_zpsxjxdputg.jpg

Slide4_zpsy2t0hvbv.jpg