ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MarkCup's Fiesta ST

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Just confirming 36psi front and 26rear is correct?
Are those pressures actually ideal, or just book pressures? I know the book pressures for the r26, and the pressures that the dieppe engineers recommend are completely different. Has anyone experimented?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
They're book, and as far as I can tell, also ideal.

Understeer just never happens, the rear stays put almost regardless of how much you lean on it, but the second you want it to, you can have it moving about at will.

On that basis I've never felt the need to experiment, I find them perfect.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Checked them for first time and they're 29front 27rear. I'll change them for my drive back to UK tomorrow.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Results are in, I was losing boost...albeit not a huge amount.

The only comparable 'before' run I could find was when I was recently playing about with the Audi S4...I still held my own despite the lack of boost peak LOL

I'd say it is worth a check over...but make sure you check them ALL!

:eek:

Presentation1_zps36ecae91.jpg

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
must be able to feel that small flat spot of lag gone now?

It certainly does feel different, the front tyres are scrabbling about a little more than they were before.

The other thing I'll mention is that when looking through my pre Mountune MP215 data recently the peak boost figure was 1.33 bar.

Consider that when looking at what it now has above...from 3,000 rpm to 5,250 rpm it holds a figure above the peak spike it had before.

MP215 transforms them!

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
It certainly does feel different, the front tyres are scrabbling about a little more than they were before.

The other thing I'll mention is that when looking through my pre Mountune MP215 data recently the peak boost figure was 1.33 bar.

Consider that when looking at what it now has above...from 3,000 rpm to 5,250 rpm it holds a figure above the peak spike it had before.

MP215 transforms them!

Coud be cooler temps :p

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Nope! Ambient and intake were comparable as well...I just didn't bother graphing it as was interested in the changes in bar only.

Having had a normal commute run in this morning it definitely does get boosting fully a lot sooner, cleaner and harder...pretty much exactly as you would expect it to from looking at the before/after graph...it's at that low rpm point where the delta is greatest that it feels the most improved.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Lol that's an all too familiar sound!

Had you over tightened one of the clamps or something?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Lol that's an all too familiar sound!

Had you over tightened one of the clamps or something?

Not as such...I went over all the clamps giving them a little tweak to tighten them up...but as the one directly on the turbo is buried so deep in the engine bay, and also that all clamps beforehand were more than tight enough...I didn't bother with it. My fiddling about with all the others must have wobbled the pipe enough for it to eventually work its way off.

Beautiful place for that to happen aswell. Trying to get across the 27 with no boost lol.

It was a proper WTF moment!

Seen you about more in the last week than I have the last six months! LY is lurvely.

LY R26 #288
Yeah I know! My cars been clean the majority of times I've passed you haha. Usually it's filthy. As for yours, I've never seen a spec of dirt on it lol.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I know! My cars been clean the majority of times I've passed you haha. Usually it's filthy. As for yours, I've never seen a spec of dirt on it lol.

He he he. I genuinely love this thing unlike any of my Clios, keeping it looking good has become a bit of an obsession, especially after I just let my 172 Cup just rot into oblivion.

Are you going to be at Goodwood at all tomorrow?

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
1.4 bar is a lot of pressure on cheap oem jubilee clips. Probably Murray clamps would be a good investment.

I may look into this

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Just looking through you're heel and toe video, I knew there was different steering wheels and speedo, but it also appears you have different pedals to me.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Is it not? I thought it was quite high myself.

What the norm for standard petrol turbo engines these days?

I meant in the context of fasteners. We use jubile type stuff on 10bar/120psi lines without issue.

In cars boost pressure doesn't mean much if you change things. A GT45 turbo giving 10psi will make more power than a GT15 making 10psi. Psi is just a measurent of resistance to air movement in your current system. It's not a concept I'm 100% on but a big turbo moves more air at 10psi than a smaller one will.

Some cars run as low as 5psi, some modern cars are in the low 30's at peak.

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
I meant in the context of fasteners. We use jubile type stuff on 10bar/120psi lines without issue.

In cars boost pressure doesn't mean much if you change things. A GT45 turbo giving 10psi will make more power than a GT15 making 10psi. Psi is just a measurent of resistance to air movement in your current system. It's not a concept I'm 100% on but a big turbo moves more air at 10psi than a smaller one will.

Some cars run as low as 5psi, some modern cars are in the low 30's at peak.

This is true, it is a hard subject to explain! It is high pressure for a crap jubilee that pops off with standard boost anyway, let alone a raised level.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
So, after a few days of running the family around on holiday to various places I'm averaging 50.6 mpg on this latest tankful.

I think the loose boost hose was seriously harming my economy as I've only been able to get a maximum of 40 or so over the last few months.

Definitely worth checking the boost hose clamps!

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Is there a guide for these clamps?

My economy is low 30's and motorway it only went up to 42 mpg.
only 900 miles in mind.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I'll find the link to it and post the photos later/tomorrow.

It was a thread on fiestast.org I think. Google fiesta st boost hose clamp and you should find it.

But yeah, it's tucked away half way down the back of the engine, the only sight I've had of the tiny little thing so far is when lying beneath it doing the clamps up.