ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LY R27 No 458/500

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Had a great day at Rockingham on Monday even tho the track was soaking in the Morning and my tyres were not really suited for wet running.
However in the afternoon it was bone dry and the difference was epic! @Sunglasses_Ron had some fun in my Clio too on track! really glad he brought it back in one piece!
The short shifter was great and you can tell the difference between the standard gear shift and the shorter one.

However a days worth of abuse was not easy on the car and it managed to first spit the battery cover out onto the track and then the Exhaust manifold flexis have given up the ghost.
I now have a lovely sounding blowing exhaust.

Bought a new manifold from Direnza to see what it is like.
Also fitted some new yellow seat belts for the front the rears will get done at a later date and new rear F1 sticker to keep the car looking its best.
I have also paid the deposit to have the seats retrimmed in alicantra and leather which will get done whilst I am back in Saudi.
Going to get the seat backs hydro dipped in carbon fibre to as the plastic is starting to show its age.
The trackday wheels are now off and the shiny new daily wheels are on.
Car is starting to take shape and looking better.

View attachment 158620

View attachment 158620 View attachment 158621
View attachment 158622

Thanks for letting me take your car out mate.

It's a proper animal!

It's a very well set up car for track there's no doubt about that :up:

Looks brill mate. Where are you getting the seats done? Mine look a bit worse for wear and could do with reupholstering and dipping.

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
My Dad has just sent me this.

30b6e25c0dca2f2933bcbb7871029dbc.jpg

93f291d810cfaa30a58e71494e5e3268.jpg

And ideal solution to the problem of storing all my stuff for Trackdays. My poor dads shed was getting taken up by my stuff. So this is a good buy to keep everything dry and tidy.

Also my Seats have just been dropped off for retrimming so hopefully they will be done soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Costing me £1000 for the seats to be done in a black leather and black Alicantara with yellow stitching.
They are away at the moment getting done.

The storage cupboard was £78 from home base so my Dad tells me.

R27 F1
Where did you get the steering wheel? Looks fantastic. How easy was it to fit? I'm always really paranoid about messing with airbags, having watched too many YouTube videos of it going wrong!

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
I got it from K-tec really pleased with how it looks and feels.

My mate changed it for me as I am away in Saudi.
I think there is a how to guide on here somewhere or on clio197.net but you need to be a paid member to see it on there.
Where did you get the steering wheel? Looks fantastic. How easy was it to fit? I'm always really paranoid about messing with airbags, having watched too many YouTube videos of it going wrong!
t I

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Next on the list is to get the seats in, manifold fitted, powerflex mounts fitted and detailed.

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Update
So after 3 months of not moving my Seats are now installed.

Manifold is on and the front bushes and mounts are on.
However was found that I need a new O2 sensor and a clock spring as the airbags lights keep coming on.

Also after a few months of hard use on the roads and track the front pads and discs need replacing.

So I have purchased some big brakes 330mm of them :) and some CL 5+ pads. As well as some racing brake fluid.

Also got some carbon goodies on the way.

76ea84b8dcbc415a7e73d7edb7ad3e17.jpg

Bit tight ! But should be ok.
7778d22ac85a8732b73c237a2d9c5c6b.jpg

New bushes

20c10ce1a794a7c6c494fbdb2cc8763c.jpg

New manifold.

5e2409325db8e9b150622483781ff86f.jpg

The new brakes on the way

a4e6448d8a3caa3189f59efecc60d853.jpg

I don't even want to think how much I have spent on this car in the last 5 years !

Is that a Toyosports manifold? My flexis have gone and I'm looking at one at the minute. Heard if you dont get engine mounts then it knocks on the subframe. I'll also have to get it remapped which I think it needs anyway because the flat spot is insane.

The car is going to look amazing man. Need some photos of when it's all fitted. Some really nice upgrades. :)

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
It's a Direnza Manifold. Mine is close but I have Powerflex mounts so is quite secure.
I have to get it tweeked again on the map because of the upgrade to get the full potential out of it.

PFC are no longer making those brakes so had to get another set today :( still quite pricey. The last 6 months I have prob spent about 5k on this car in just random parts.

Most people would say " Why would I spend that money on a Clio! " Answer is that I have now gone beyond the point of where it is sensible so might as well keep going!

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Update
So after 3 months of not moving my Seats are now installed.

Manifold is on and the front bushes and mounts are on.
However was found that I need a new O2 sensor and a clock spring as the airbags lights keep coming on.

Also after a few months of hard use on the roads and track the front pads and discs need replacing.

So I have purchased some big brakes 330mm of them :) and some CL 5+ pads. As well as some racing brake fluid.

Also got some carbon goodies on the way.

76ea84b8dcbc415a7e73d7edb7ad3e17.jpg

Bit tight ! But should be ok.
7778d22ac85a8732b73c237a2d9c5c6b.jpg

New bushes

20c10ce1a794a7c6c494fbdb2cc8763c.jpg

New manifold.

5e2409325db8e9b150622483781ff86f.jpg

The new brakes on the way

a4e6448d8a3caa3189f59efecc60d853.jpg

I don't even want to think how much I have spent on this car in the last 5 years !

Are they real carbon goodies? If so where from?

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
A company done them for me in Bedford. You have to remove the belts for him to do it.

Yes they are from Streamline carbon

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
I know that's what happened to me lol.
Going to give it a month then see if there is any carbon diffusers about.

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Little Update

The Carbon Fibre parts have arrived and the brakes arrive on Monday so hopefully by the time I get back they will all be fitted.

So after a few weeks of looking for some carbon fibre shells for the seats I have. I finally found the answer.

The Recaro sportster CS seats had an optional extra that was a Carbon Optic shell as seen on the Twisted Landrover. Along with a few other Marques.

Now I found a supplier that had them and they were £500 excluding vat each! Which for carbon would be cheap. However they were just the normal shells carbon dipped! They would do mine for £300 each. So that was a no go.

Secondly I found a company that also made them and they simply carbon skinned your existing shells and had a lead time of 5 weeks and a price tag of £1800 for the pair !
So again they were a no go.

So I have decided to try my hand at skimming some parts myself buying all the materials I need In a starter kit from carbonskinz
The plan is to try some smaller parts first mainly interior trims and other small parts before having a go at the seat backs.

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Ahhh cool yeah he done a great job on the seats.

You ever tried carbon skimming dude ?

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Glad to hear your happy with them. He did the interior to the old cobras i worked with.

Erm no, I've never tried it buddy. Have seen people do it though so it cant be that hard....

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Nice! I have bought an extra 197 central console and trim strips to have a look at. If they look like they will be a nightmare I will just get them carbon dipped instead.

James has done an awesome job on my seats really happy with them. So much so they are now under covers to protect them.

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Update

Ok so my new brakes arrived the other week and the other day was the first time my mate who is looking after my car could fit them.

He removed the packaging to find from what it looks like when one was assembled they caught the edges when drilling out the holes.

c071189fa5b01b7c214ecac9898aa14c.jpg

9020f41c1fda828ad6436c3df7e28477.jpg

Slightly frustrating as I now have to wait to get a replacement bell.

Fair play to the bloke tho after a couple of emails he said he will send out a new bell that was on Friday so hopefully at some point this week they will get fitted.

Also my nice new shiny Carbon parts from Streamline carbon should be getting fitted at some point too.

d2281cb9af55f2865b23c1f3c40e272b.jpg

After some thought, The idea of trying to skim those interior parts that I got spare would be too time consuming especially as I am only home for a few weeks every couple of months. So the plan now is to send them away to Wicked Coatings to get them dipped and then I can just swap them over when home next.

Also managed to bag myself some spare battery covers as the last one decided to evacuate the engine bay when me and @Sunglasses_Ron were on a track day.

I am going to attempt to skim them with the carbon and if that turns out ok I will carry on practicing on smaller parts gradually getting bigger until I am happy enough to try the seat backs and the front lip splitter.

I have got to the point now where most modifications are for cosmetic purposes only.

I think at some point I will be able to say that I am officially done with this car and have a few more years driving and Trackdays with it.

But the urge to sell and buy a new Megane RS is tempting. Even more now that the RS.16 is no longer an option.

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
I think it was a case of forceful persuasion and lots of brake cleaner.

Can't really remember how we done it now.
@Knuckles

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I think it was a case of forceful persuasion and lots of brake cleaner.

Can't really remember how we done it now.
@Knuckles

Cheers, I took my old brackets to work, beat the s**t out of them to get the old lines out, opened the holder bits a bit and cable tied my new lines into them. Job jobbed lol

... For if anyone is curious to how to fit them lol

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Think I have finally run out of bits to buy.
Brakes are fitted the stud kit is fitted and now all that is left is the carbon fibre.