ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LY R27 No 458/500

Car looks lovely. Just seen you're based at wattisham too, I'm based in colchester but live in the pads at wattisham so I'm sure I'll see this about!

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Thought I would list all the Mods so far.

Piper Cat Back Exhaust.
KW V3 Coilovers.
Ultra Racing Strut Braces.
KTEC Black Edition Front Discs and RC5+ Pads.
RS Tuner Remap.
ITG Panel Filter.
HEL Braided Brake Lines.
Motul RB660 Brake Fluid.
Projector Headlights With Philips Diamond Vision Bulbs.
Silvervision Indicator Bulbs.
Hankook V12 Tyres.
Carbon Fibre Side Spats and Cup Spoiler End Tips

I am going to a Rolling Road Saturday so will hopefully get a printout on here soon.

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Update

After one my carbon side spats went MIA last month. I've managed to get hold of a replacement and will be fitting it on Saturday.
The glue had not set in this hot weather and it decided to go AWOL whilst I was out and about.

This month I had also purchased a little Gadget called a IOBDii which plugs directly into your iobd port in your car.
It then relays the information from your ECU to your IPHONE OR IPAD via WIFI using the free app.

It's a handy little gadget which gives you all sorts of information and allows you to read fault codes and reset them.

9460484648_f91d88393c_b.jpg

image by rafmatt1984, on Flickr

9460484606_33b39ecfbc_b.jpg
image by rafmatt1984, on Flickr

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    295.9 KB · Views: 265

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Ok not been on here for a while.
Just having my car fitted with some new parts today.

Bought myself some new parts.
Lightweight flywheel
K-tec black edition front discs.
K-tec black edition rear discs.
Carbon Lorraine RC 5 pads
Motul 660 racing brake fluid.

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Ok not updated this in a long time.
So thought I would update you all to what has happened over the past few months.
To start with I've fitted a silencer delete to my Piper Exhaust. It's a bit louder but sounds awesome, However this has resulted in a massive dead spot between 2k-3k.
I will need to get this mapped out.

I've also fitted the Powerflex engine mounts to my car along with a new lower dog bone mount so the car is feeling nice and tight now.
Also after CSS15 I've also fitted the spare set of Federal RSR's to the fronts. As driving in the rain was getting a bit too sketchy.
I'm also trying to get the Photoshoot with the Phantom set up as soon as there is a date available.
Oh Forgot to mention I've also fitted a set of RS200 Clocks too.

Blyton CSS15

11794553_10153460916920731_7676341225337402918_o.jpg

11794519_10153460916895731_303270435066474546_o.jpg

Phantom Menace

11143292_10153264865800731_6069958374387474851_n.jpg

New Flywheel

10923706_10153038576335731_1291239264976421962_n.jpg

New Brakes.

10959741_10153038576295731_6513075804359242628_n.jpg

Battered Astra van
It was nice to meet you on Saturday mate.

Your car looks awesome in the metal.

I'll certainly be looking at coming to the camping trip you were talking about and I'll be up for CSS next year as well.

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Yeah you too dude.
Yeah RDR camping is well funny shame I won't be in the RAF next year so will not have a chance to bring the Night Vision goggles.
If I still have the Clio you will have to jump in on the trackday at Blyton for CSS.

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Update time.

So been out in the Saudi 2 months now and i have treated my car to some much needed work and attention. Been an expensive couple of months.

The list so far.

New retrimmed steering wheel.
New AC pump
Belts done
Wheels refurbed
New tyres for the daily wheels
Set of RSRs for the track wheels
Powerflex bushes all of them!
Rs Tuner
Piper exhaust centre silencer
New ignition coils
New F1 Stickers
Exhaust clamps

I think my parents are getting the hump with all the spares that have turned up.

Just under 3ks worth !

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Update time.

So been out in the Saudi 2 months now and i have treated my car to some much needed work and attention. Been an expensive couple of months.

The list so far.

New retrimmed steering wheel.
New AC pump
Belts done
Wheels refurbed
New tyres for the daily wheels
Set of RSRs for the track wheels
Powerflex bushes all of them!
Rs Tuner
Piper exhaust centre silencer
New ignition coils
New F1 Stickers
Exhaust clamps

I think my parents are getting the hump with all the spares that have turned up.

Just under 3ks worth !

When you get back you'll have to bring it over for a detailing session!

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Parts are arriving thick and fast. Feel sorry for my poor family who have to keep signing for the parcels whilst I am away!

Steering wheel

166f17a2c520c7f0c2bcaa366dc01ddc.jpg

Exhaust centre section

20e892a6843d569dd05d7a5f01c9ca61.jpg

All the powerflex mounts and bushes they make for the Clio 197

c048e939c2ccf68ff57af77da14360dc.jpg

An Rstuner

ec8e953346f4a284df0f4cd0ee21b54e.jpg

Cam belts, water pump and AC getting replaced

788a1c8da36c8361c60b2137f9f7858a.jpg

Set of wheels refurbed and set of tyres for them bought

2b000be3ba7c17c2fa9928750beed142.jpg

Also have an induction kit to go on at some point.

Also have 2 more trackday tyres waiting to get put on the trackday wheels.

Got to the point now where the next step would be to go the full turbo route. However having just had the belts replaced would be a bit silly.

Starting to run out of things to buy before I get to the silly money.
Cage, turbo, ITBs etc etc

Next thing on the list tho is a Session at RS tuning and my seats re covered in alicantra and leather.

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Hopefully will do. But it came up as a good price so thought I would take a punt on it.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
I've never heard of anyone using the rstuner on the 197 and whether or not it gets rid of the flat spot. Fingers crossed for you it does as it's much cheaper than a map from RS tuning.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Small little update from my mate in the UK who is doing all the work on my Clio whilst I am away.

He managed to get the Steering wheel installed and the replacement center silencer along with the Induction kit.

However we both decided to get rid of the flat spot and to make the most use of the mods installed would be to go to RS Tuning. So booked in for when I am back.

Next on the list is to get all the bushes and mounts installed before I get back to the UK.

Here are some pics he sent me.

K tec induction installed

1225c79c7b7bc11e66711d5bd084aa4a.jpg

Steering wheel

df493bb73097235bd54383533914be48.jpg

Piper center silencer

0aa5a1b243e503cec29dbff7cfc4d849.jpg

Oh and treated myself to some Trackday wears so I look the part [emoji4]

ae613cd9c3769af3e873a1740a017836.jpg

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
So after seeing someone's car who has had his belts rewebbed in red. I have decided to go down the same route and have them rewebbed in yellow to match the car.

Will hopefully get this done a few days after I get back to the UK.
Also really want to get the seats done in Alicantra too as well as the rear shells painted or carbon dipped.
So many things not enough time to get them done when I am back :(.

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Payday has come so I thought I would treat the car to a Mtec Short shifter. This is very much a experiment to see what it is like. If it is not great will remove it.

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Yeah reduces it by 30% supposedly.
Will give it a try and see what it is like.
Could always flog it if I don't like it.

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Yeah will be good to see how it performs hopefully give it a run at Brands on the 16th of June :)

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
So back from Saudi and I have really missed driving my car. However the flat spot it has is HORRENDOUS! so today I have been up to RS tuning to get it mapped out. Really happy with the results. Managed to map the flat spot out and increased the lower down torque and improve the BHP at the fly too. Was 186.1 on the first run. It is now 192.8bhp feels so much better to drive now!

Mind me asking how much they charge? I've got an awful flat spot on mine and I'm thinking about getting this done soon. Gotta ring its neck if I want it to shift. I'm also interested to see how much BHP its packing, or more accurately how much its lost. :(

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Your looking around the £350 mark for getting a full remap and Dyno runs. I do have people like AMD tuning and Engine Dynamics around my area that I could of gone too. However for the recommendations from several other people makes him the man to go speak too.

He knows his stuff and managed to transform my cars driveablity within a few minutes.
Tbh he is worth every penny as my car is so much nicer to drive now that flat spot has been removed.

Wow is that huge red dip at the start of the rev the flat spot?! Thats insane, mines pretty bad but for some reason doesn't happen every time. Got to get new rubber, and a reconditioned box in mine yet, so this is down the list but £350 seems worth it in the end. Thanks for the reply! :)

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
So today we had the task of fitting a new radiator fan as my old one had developed a horrible squeak and was on its way out. We also fitted a short shifter that was only supposed to take an hour. 5 hours later we had it fitted after using various power tools to cut the bloody old one off. However I now have a shorter shifting gear stick which feels awesome.

I also went to Brands Hatch Thursday with a racing driver mate to give me a few pointers on track. Was a great session even bumped into a familiar face whilst I was there too. @Steven103 was there with his Clio too.

Really enjoy Brands Hatch such a fun track to drive.

2980d22303672f1002cdacd2ae106c2c.jpg

91a6462dd7f92e0e8ff59fdfaac51004.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
My mate Matt who does a bit of racing here and there. Having himself a bit of track time in the Clio on a very empty Brands Hatch.

Reactions: Gus

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Had a great day at Rockingham on Monday even tho the track was soaking in the Morning and my tyres were not really suited for wet running.
However in the afternoon it was bone dry and the difference was epic! @Sunglasses_Ron had some fun in my Clio too on track! really glad he brought it back in one piece!
The short shifter was great and you can tell the difference between the standard gear shift and the shorter one.

However a days worth of abuse was not easy on the car and it managed to first spit the battery cover out onto the track and then the Exhaust manifold flexis have given up the ghost.
I now have a lovely sounding blowing exhaust.

Bought a new manifold from Direnza to see what it is like.
Also fitted some new yellow seat belts for the front the rears will get done at a later date and new rear F1 sticker to keep the car looking its best.
I have also paid the deposit to have the seats retrimmed in alicantra and leather which will get done whilst I am back in Saudi.
Going to get the seat backs hydro dipped in carbon fibre to as the plastic is starting to show its age.
The trackday wheels are now off and the shiny new daily wheels are on.
Car is starting to take shape and looking better.

GOPR0013[1].JPG

GOPR0013[1].JPG
GOPR0012[1].JPG

GOPR0014[1].JPG

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
It's a OEM one from Renaultparts direct. They are a bit pricy at £40 you get two in the pack.

And why is my name now pacface ?