ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

just crashed my clio about 10 mins ago

Red Clio II
just crashed my clio about 10 mins ago

please help

ok i've reversed my clio into a mates car and it is bad

my guess is that i need -

1 - a new boot
2 - new bumbers at the back

the boot won't close

i could cry
please help if anyone can advise where to get parts or roughly how much it will cost to fix

it is a 2002, 1.5dci dynamique mk2 i think

it is red in colour, its a nice shiny red not dull

PLEASE PLEASE HELP

Mk1 Maxim Sport
uv pretty much fekd the bak end up if the boot floor is creased.

Unlucky mate, i know how u feel cause i did this a week after passing my test into a mates car however i did absolutely nothing to mine apart from a smashed back light but £350 worth of damage to his. I always double check my mirrors now.

Nout u can do about it just learn from mistakes

Red Clio II
no he wont claim, there is just a crack in his front bumper and he needs a new headlight, its still working and all its just cracked insite

Red Clio II
no i dont want that, i just want it fixed, then i will drive away at it again!
i just want it fixed and everything to be fine but im worried as to how much it will cost to repair

a burnt one
If its a write off then whats the point in fixing it? you have to tell the insurance by law and it will be scrapped, not good i know but there isnt much you can do just now, just stop worrying untill morning and take it to a bodyshop first thing and see what they say.

Are you fully comp or TPFT?

Red Clio II
TPFT, things just get worse and worse

ok i will admit, im panicking a lot and dont know what im going to do

ill report on how things go when i know myself
thanks for the help guys

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
to be honest i would not bother reporting it to insurance take it to some little bodyshop and they will fix it cheap for u . or if you cannot afford it put a claim in some times boot floors can be pulled back into shape fairly easily others it may need replacing .

Clio 200
If its a write off then whats the point in fixing it? you have to tell the insurance by law and it will be scrapped, not good i know but there isnt much you can do just now, just stop worrying untill morning and take it to a bodyshop first thing and see what they say.

Are you fully comp or TPFT?

no it wont, unless its a cat a/b

Bad time to be 3rd party? I'm pretty sure I'd die if I crumpled my rear end. All my amps are in the wheel well!!! :(

Guna cost quite alot for that sort of damage.

Maybe sell every part on ebay and start again.

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
Sorry to hear that :(

Also, your brakes don't work as well in reverse.

Personally, if I was in the situation I would take it to a good bodyshop and get them to take a look and then decide what to do. You never know, it might be fixable and might not cost that much.

Good luck and try not to worry about it too much :) Cars can be fixed! :)

L'arctic Bleu Clio 182FF
sorry to hear it dude.... we've all been there with the stupid mistakes, such a bitter pill to swallow.
Ring around a few good body shops, get some quotes, and put it down to experience (easier said i know)...
Feel your pain buddy....

clio...
Price will depend on how much effort you put in; See if you can get the same colour boot door/bumper from a scrapper or ebay etc..
As for the creased boot floor, It depends how bad it is. If its not to bad in reality it could be heat & beat straight... If its bad cut out and a new one welding in.

All In I bet you're looking around the 600-1k quid mark if you source quality parts yourself and fit/remove them.

Shhh
You reversed the car into your mates car, but your damage is a creased boot, but his is just a bumper and a light.

I dont think so.. other car will have more damage unless its a tank or something.

Insurance claim all the way..

Motorbikes
^^ aye seems a bit unlikely you would have damaged the boot lid.

Since you TPF&T you can't claim for damage to your car so your only option is to get it looked at by a bodyshop who will write up a big tasty bill for you to swallow.

Sometimes it pays to be fully comp.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
i reversed my 205 into a lampost the day after i passed my test, oops, luckly the 205 being the tank it was just cracked the bumper

5 GTT & Orb'd Trophy
Me too, in most cases anyway. thought it was a good indication that the subframe was fooked.

BMW F21 125d
I think boot floors can be repaired, but once creased it'll never be as stong again due to how thin they really are!

BMW M135i
It'll most likely want a new boot floor, won't be cheap. Get it to a bodyshop to find a price, and your mates car probably has hidden damage if its bent your boot floor enough to stop the boot shutting.

Me too, in most cases anyway. thought it was a good indication that the subframe was fooked.

always been led to believe if the imapct was stong enough to damage the boot floor then cars fooked

Theres only a subframe at the front in a clio. It'll take a knock to the front suspension to damage that generally. The boot floor is supposed to fold as its a crumple zone, it doesn't take much to bent it.

Aww noooo!!!! how do you know the boot floof is creased?? can you remove the spare wheel ok?? if its just the boot dont shut properly..can be realigned quite easly.

cant you have it nicked:quiet: