ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

just crashed my clio about 10 mins ago

C

Clio1.6Rxe

i know i am very pleased with this and i will post up the finished work when ready! could be mid-week of next week

You still didnt answer the question of why or how you were going so fast as to cause that damage...

reverse dounuts?
Its hard to explain! do you know the way you'd reverse quickly, take it out of reverse and slip it into 1st and take off as the car is still rolling back! thats what i was doing! i was showing off a bit to be honest but it was pitch black!

So next week you'll be asking use how to repair your gearbox on the cheap?!?

Or worse driveshafts as well:dead:

Mondeo ST220
having said that, logic would dictate that the backs of cars would be set to crumple alot more than the fronts.

I would have thought it would have been the other way round; the front would crumple more to absorb the impact as you're more likely to crash into something travelling forwards!

A friend of mine went into the back of someone and there was hardly a mark on their car whereas his bonnet was wrecked.

Anyway @ the OP - good luck getting the repairs sorted.

Exactly what I thought too. I know clio front ends are designed to crumple and most modern cars are at the front. But a friend's clio was rear ended and there was hardly any damage to his car.

Red Clio II
UPDATE FOLKS!!!

Car is ready on thursday...

now, the final price...££££

wait for it

wait for it

£490

Im well chuffed
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
:race: :race: :race:
Then im off to magaluf on friday to relax
(actually i'd say there wont be too much relaxing done)
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

A Flamin' Red one
no he wont claim, there is just a crack in his front bumper and he needs a new headlight, its still working and all its just cracked insite

He must have been sitting in a Volvo if you've creased your boot floor and he's only got a broken headlight!

Red Clio II
ok guys! long story short here!

i went to magaluf and came back to find out my computer had crashed! iroically i know! anyway ive just managed to get it fixed and i do promise pictures tomorrow morning/afternoon!

"Navy" N17 TWO
Just seen this now Luke, see you've had good craic with your Clio since I seen it last!

Hope to se some pics up soon :)

Red Clio II
i could go outside now and take snaps but the quality would be dark!

thanks for the kind comments guys!

Just seen this now Luke, see you've had good craic with your Clio since I seen it last!

Hope to se some pics up soon :)

what do you mean mate! where bouts in NI are you from

"Navy" N17 TWO
I was the guy who hung out of a Drive-Thru window one night and started chatting about cars - ring any bells? :)

Red Clio II
I was the guy who hung out of a Drive-Thru window one night and started chatting about cars - ring any bells? :)

:eek:

:rofl: :race:
course i remember! i always wondered if i'd find you on here!
i take it you dont work in mc d's anymore! i was there about 2 hours ago infact haha

"Navy" N17 TWO
I work in the DUNGannon one, was only over there one night covering for a mate.

I hate the place so looking for something else atm :)

Red Clio II
I work in the DUNGannon one, was only over there one night covering for a mate.

I hate the place so looking for something else atm :)
you work there for one night and it happens to be the night i pull up!
just think, while you were probably having a crap shift, you managed to get a new person to join this forum!!! ME :D

"Navy" N17 TWO
Yeah, then you go and forget who your rep is...

EPIC FAIL :rasp:

We need to see the results of this repair you had done;
on here and in the metal :)

Add me to msn fella, it's on my profile

Red Clio II
i dont use msn...ever!
however i will add you for the sake incase i take a wild notion to go on lol

ill have pics up tomorrow!

Red Clio II
intersingly! a man up the dungannon road, Alistar Junk!

he is very very good and an utter gentleman! i have to pay for my mates car tomorrow!

Red Clio II
DSCN1061.gif

DSCN1062.gif

DSCN1063.gif

DSCN1064.gif

DSCN1065.gif

DSCN1066.gif

DSCN1067.gif

DSCN1068.gif

DSCN1069.gif

Abarth Grande Punto
looks like a good job for the price. I may be inclined to offload the car now is repaired as it may not last if you know what i mean

?
Is it just me or does the colour match look w**k and the general finish hideous? :S the bootlide/bumper seem to stand out from the rest of it by FAR?