ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Joe's Ph2 172

One more...

20150429_193417_zpszrzawg8g.jpg

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Not sure if you mean me or the 172 cup that needs an lsd :p

I had the blue 182 with no plates on, looks like a cup from the front though, there was a blue cup out with no plates as well though... I had black 15's and the 172 cup has turinis

Not sure I could see one of you was spinning his wheels exiting second gear corners. Would have had a poke around all the Clio's but I had 5 hours skeep last night and 3 the night before and had just come off a 12 hour shift and drove straight to snetterton so thought I'd best mong it by myself watching the action lol

Get any videos?

Many.
The Flame red 172 is mine, and that silver 1*2 was turbo or supercharged (more likely supercharged I think).

Mine is a 1.9 DCi etc, and needs mapping atm so certainly not that fast yet.

Good news!
Looks like we are getting the missus a new Seat Mii meaning that I've convinced her that as its only really ever me in the car driving to Suffolk and back I should go a little hardcore with it.

Sensible hardcore mind...im not going to be chasing every gram turning it into a track car!

Good news!
Looks like we are getting the missus a new Seat Mii meaning that I've convinced her that as its only really ever me in the car driving to Suffolk and back I should go a little hardcore with it.

Sensible hardcore mind...im not going to be chasing every gram turning it into a track car!

......soooooo, slippery slope for you too then :tonguewink:

Couple more from Snetterton today with Lee Bannister's Clio

Off the top of my head

Bimarco Futura's
Half Cage
Spax
2118's with rsr
ktec induction
Exhaust
Rs tuner

Nice car....now I want mine like that!

20150506_125045_zpsswcfygua.jpg

20150506_144346_zps4x8p8yg6.jpg

Was a 172 cup there as well but every time I drove near the occupants wern't there.

Also spotted a couple of 182's with a 172.

I've made a list of all the parts I want now I've devided to go a little more fast road/track oriented

Standard brakes with 5.1 fluid
Braided lines
AP Coilovers
Ebay roll cage with harness bar
Corbeau Clubsport or Sparco sprint or Bimarco (driver only)
Uprated engine mounts (advice?)

Thought this looked cool....

PaperArtist_2015-05-07_07-06-06_zpsg86t2xxv.jpg

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
@JoeMarano AP's are brilliant for a daily as they're soft and very comfortable, however I'd say they'd be too soft for track. I had them on my old A3.

Well i'm currently on sport suspension so anything else must be an "upgrade" I might consider B14's if the price was right.

I just think it would be silly to spend loads of cash on whats essentially a get me to work car/toy.
Im not racing so as long as its not too rolly I'll be happy :)

@DannyR

I seem to chat to so many on this forum its hard to remember who is who and where they are from. Might be interested in the exhaust mount as my second replacement from ktec is already wearing away!

SQ5
There isn't anything to set up? Once fitted get the geometry sorted as you would with any new suspension changes, the play with the dampening until it feels right.

20150513_121556_zpsopmvhovf.jpg

Wahey I fixed something!!! My fans now work!
The other bits were because I either effed them up painting them or broke the clips...

I also did this to the car..

20150515_134931_zpsrz7hwzls.jpg

Ktec exhaust sounds even more awesome. Car feels quicker in the low revs. Still too pussy to strip it out fully until I get a bucket seat and rear cage.

Oh and also ordered

Brembo HC discs front
Brembo pads front
Renault discs rear
Brembo pads rear

From G172 so looking forward to being able to lock up the wheels again soon with any luck :smile:

Got a feeling the suspension may have to wait as the exhaust has started to knock again and pretty sure its the engine mounts. So will have to get some solid ones to cure it.

Any suggestions? Best places to buy?

I bloody hate cars sometimes!

Tried to strip the rear interior out and guess what?

Yes the bloody roof mounted seat belt bolt decided it wanted to round itself meaning the only way to strip the interior out is to cut that seat belt which I don't really want to do in case I want to sell the car in the future!

Am also selling my cup spoiler as its cash that could be put towards a track day or a performance enhancing part

Sold the cup spoiler and going to be purchasing a vibratechnics engine mount. So I've saved at least a kilo of weight putting the sport spoiler back on and also caused less drag :smiley:

Also got rid of the pointless sound deadening tar by the rear seats...

20150521_125221_zpsd1usimhv.jpg

Minus 238 grams because of the mat is quite a nice saving for free and no difference in sound deadening that i can tell...

Yay brakes are fitted! Thanks to @g172
Just went for the Brembo HC's with Brembo pads and same for the rear except genuine Renault discs.

Car feels so much better, there must have been something wrong before as the car seems to drive much straighter and the steering feels better so thats a bonus!

Just need some sort of cold air feed now ideally and to get the vibratechnics engine mount.

Also with suspension I think I've decided to go for the cup dampers and eibach prolines the advantages being price, low cars don't handle well, the fact im not racing, and to an insurance company they all look standard shoukd anything bad happen.

Ordered these brake ducts...http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/321767058814

Getting ready for track has meant I've bought a vibratechnics engine mount..cheers @DannyR not fitted yet though as at work.

Not ideal to be going on track without buckets or a cage or even decent suspension but better to go and have fun than sit at home with a nice car that never gets used. Have a feeling I'll do okay anyway.

Can't wait to get home and fit the engine mount. Also had to get a new exhaust mount as my second one in 6 months was royally fucked and couldnt be assed to ring ktec and get them to order another one from renault under warranty as we'll just be doing that every 3months and will get annoying so im going to tiger seal it all up and just put up with it vibrating.

Been playing with a few cars lately and realised I will probably have this car for quite sime time!

Played with a Megane R26 in a little uphill drag and the difference was not as great as I thought it would be. If there were some corners I would definately have been up its ass!

Same for a Golf R. Was easily on his ass under braking and roundabout its like he knew I stood no chance on the straight lol and he only really started to pull away in 4th gear then he kept pulling and pulling and pulling but then I knew that would happen but still this was on a long long ling straight with no bends.

This is a good thing as both cars are clearly in a different league performance wise (not so much the Megane) but this costs so much less to run/buy etc so its win win.

Also seeing some of the ktec series Clio's go round at snetterton today they aren't exactly "slow" on track either.

So im kind of in love with the car at the moment. Need to strip some more out of it and keep improving small things.

In the future I would like 180-200bhp as I think that should enable me to keep up with most things on a trackday/the road. So yeah good times!

Snetterton with Javelin on the 28th should be fun in a fairly standard car.....been playing it loads on project cars and watched a bunch of youtube vids so I know which way the track goes and hopefully shouldnt be too slow!

I've got a poly dogbone mount fitted and im yet to fit my vibratechnics drivers side mount.

Also ordered this...

Attachments

• Corbeau-Club-Sport.jpeg
    Corbeau-Club-Sport.jpeg
    55.7 KB · Views: 31
Mount is finally fitted! No more knocking from the exhaust when acclerating in first and second! I could move it with two fingers there was that much give in the rubber LOL

Now the car is more or less ready for snetterton on the 28th.

Ideally would like my ducts fitted as I have half done the job on the brake duct kit I bought but got hindered by the carbon cannister and horns so just left that area open. Hopefully some air gets to the brakes anyway..

Also did a high speed test and im pretty certain one or both of the back wheels need rebalancing as it didnt feel so great at over 120mph. Not sure if I'll even reach that speed at snetterton but you never know...I was pretty quick at Bedford on the first go so....

Also cancelled my clubsports order and am going for some cobra monaco sports instead with cobra sliding subframes. f**k this bodge job fitting of seats malarkey. Cobra seats are dope in that respect. Went for the x low frames too :)

Had an absolutely awesome day at Snetterton yesterday!

Sulked at first because it was soaking wet but by the end I was praying for more rain!

Car lapped it up. Think because I have the soft sport suspension mixed with rainsport 3's I was at a major advantage compared to those with coilovers etc.

Got plenty of gopro videos to upload soon some giant killing and some major assholes who didnt want to let me past but had an epic time.

Recorded off the tv on my phone as a teaser..

Not much to report lately.

Needed a new TDC so did that and a front spring broke so have ordered some Eibach Proline.

Also put the rear interior in (seats, parcel shelf and boot carpet and speakers and CD player- boot plastics are still in shed)