ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Joe's Ph2 172

I would yes and the fog surrounds while your at it. I didnt do it as its bumper off job. will probably need more than one can of paint and lacquer though one can of primer should be fine for all. The lacquer once hardened job is to protect the paint so should stand up to chips as much as any paint (like bumpers) except a bumper cant deflect stones as well as the grille.

Crap pic but will get a daytime one tomorrow.
The difference in engine bay just by spraying the grille...

20141202_160821_zps31bc87cd.gif

Looks like it needs the engine cover back on though! Look forward to spraying that badboy! How do people spray the fake inlet things? Using masking tape???

EXHAUST FITTED WOOHOO!! SOUNDS AWESOME!!

Quiet when driving normally and dick sounding when your driving like a dick (lol)
Quite happily a Corsa VXR decided to overtake so I gave chase and I was shocked with the ease he pulled away in second gear and then I fluffed 3rd (again, im thinking I need a new dogbone mount) but then clawed him upon braking and cornering. It may not have been standard but still a shock. Would have expected the exhaust to give a little bit more power but none noticed...

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Those are the best exhausts lol! What one you went for mate?

I'd bet that Corsa had been remapped if it pulled away that well. A mates nurburgring edition one (202hp compared with 189hp in standard trim) couldn't pull a car length on me in my ph1 lol, they're just too heavy. A simple re map soon sorts them out though.

Tomorrow will be the real test. May hook the gopro up to the rear of the car! It seems like it hangs pretty low to the ground though?

Well im assuming thats what ktec sent as I had my local garage fit it for me purely because I didnt want to be fecking around under a car with not much room. Annoyingly it seems that the clamps could have been twisted so they would give more clearance because as you can see at the moment they are positioned so they are going to be as close to the ground whereas if they were turned a quarter there would be a lot more clearance!

I've taken it slow over speedbumps and they have been fine so far. Bit annoyed at the garage to be honest as it looks a bit schoolboy error. Saying that they probably didnt notice as they would have had the car on a ramp.

clio 172 cup
You should be fine mate had a leon turbo that the sump sat 1 inch from the ground not had any problems just make sure the speed humps that are in the middle just go to one side you will be fine bud

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Can't you go back and get them to rotate them or fit different ones? At least then you can go over speed bumps properly ;)

Can't you go back and get them to rotate them or fit different ones?t least then you can go over speed bumps properly :wink:
I would do but Im now away on a shift and then 5 days of training and a 4 day shift again! It will be fine but feck me Its annoying. Luckily suffolk doesnt seem to know what speed bumps are!

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
I would do but Im now away on a shift and then 5 days of training and a 4 day shift again! It will be fine but feck me Its annoying. Luckily suffolk doesnt seem to know what speed bumps are!
I know the feeling, I have a week of training at a time at a training camp/hotel in Bedford, means you get a whole week without driving etc. Barely look at the car for the week!

clio 172 cup
I know the feeling, I have a week of training at a time at a training camp/hotel in Bedford, means you get a whole week without driving etc. Barely look at the car for the week!
Surrey do

Surrey do

Funny you said that as a few years ago I was based in surrey and had a lowered saxo and one time I went around a speed bump slowly and the woman behind cut me up so i almost smashed into her and started giving me abuse. To which I replied that I wasnt going to damage my car by going over the bump. She gave more abuse so I told herI had 3 squaddies in the car recently returned from afghan and that we would "fill her in" if she didnt shut up! lmao obviously we wouldnt have done but her reaction was amusing lmao

Yeah I dont even have my car down here! I was given a 1.2 corsa to get me and two other lads down here (portsmouth from norfolk) and all our kit and It was the most horrendous vehicle I have ever driven in my life!!!! I had my foot buried to the floor coming off slip roads and the car was pulling about as fast as my Clio would in 5th gear! Possibly even slower! Also the indicators dont self cancel and the seat felt like it was made from a mountain rock!

Suffering serious Clio withdrawal at the moment....if I had to recommend one modification that exhaust would be it. Its the best money I have ever spent on a car imo

Not sure if the video does it justice but heres an in car of the exhaust...

Watch "Clio 172 ktec/janspeed stealth exhaust" on YouTube
Clio 172 ktec/janspeed stealth exhaust:

BUGGER!

Ignored my own advice while spraying my mirror caps and decided to use the whole can of lacquer as there was a tiny bit left....BIG mistake it now looks orange peely from where it spurted on the last few strokes and ive got a nice big run! b****cks!!!

Still pleased with the exhaust however its annoying when the car wheel spins as I can hear it hitting something? But only when it wheelspins never any other time..so because the stupid gritters have been out gritting the roads when its 4 degrees (I though water freezed at below 0 not +4!) the roads are now twice as slippery as they would have been if they had just been left to get icey. God knows why they bother. If you can't drive a car on a bit of ice you shouldnt be driving at all! So of course im wheelspinning everywhere with my ditchfinders.....never had a car spin its wheels in third gear while rolling before!!!

So now I have to wait till March/April for some traction LOL

Exhaust sounds nice mate at least you have traction control my cup has nothing lol
To be fair I did question whether It even worked at first as its not like the Twingo's I had. The ESP especially on that was awesome and perfectly judged whereas this lets the wheels spin forever before it actually does anything!

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
BUGGER!

Ignored my own advice while spraying my mirror caps and decided to use the whole can of lacquer as there was a tiny bit left....BIG mistake it now looks orange peely from where it spurted on the last few strokes and ive got a nice big run! b****cks!!!

Still pleased with the exhaust however its annoying when the car wheel spins as I can hear it hitting something? But only when it wheelspins never any other time..so because the stupid gritters have been out gritting the roads when its 4 degrees (I though water freezed at below 0 not +4!) the roads are now twice as slippery as they would have been if they had just been left to get icey. God knows why they bother. If you can't drive a car on a bit of ice you shouldnt be driving at all! So of course im wheelspinning everywhere with my ditchfinders.....never had a car spin its wheels in third gear while rolling before!!!

So now I have to wait till March/April for some traction LOL
Wetsand and buff up?

Just checked on the mirrors and they look properly s**t. Just hope that some serious t cut on them will work tomorrow or im going to have to start again. Grrr.

If I wetsand them thats just going to take the lacquer off though? Judgng by the state of them I think thats what im going to have to do though. Quite how I managed to get these so wrong compared to all the other things ive done im not sure!

No you'll sand off the orange peel and runs if you do it correctly. Lots of info about this online though, make a search on Youtube about wetsanding ;). Else you are just going to have to repaint it. No way to just get the clear coat off

Clear coat is off and now im left with the graphite grey which now looks a matte colour with what looks like orange holes all over it! I also sanded right down to the original colour in a small part of it so majorly fucked off. Don't know how this has happened when all my over stuff came out 100%

Well redid the mirrors!
Sanded them down as best I could with what I had (2000 grit) and then redid them primer and all!

To be honest I got 90% of the finish I was after which isnt bad for a diy jobbie. If I hadnt have ballsed it up the first time they probably would have been 99% but oh well. You would never tell they aren't perfect from a distance anyway!

20141218_143257_zps6dbe6aa6.jpg

20141218_143313_zps250e006c.jpg

20141218_143305_zpscaa97bd8.jpg

They are still drying so will look better. Then I will buff them up with some turtle wax when they are fully dry in a few days. Should look great on the car! Now just the small door handle section to do and my clio badge to redo.

Anyone know how to remove the clio badge without breaking it?

Now its getting dark they are reflecting the light and colours from my shed light so im more than happy. Just got to try not to be stupid and put them on the car for a while!

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Wet sand and polish with every paint job, I'm awful at painting but can still do a half decent job once it's wet sanded and polished!