ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is the ph1 a bit dated now?

RB 200 Cup!
Ive onyl had my flamer 2 1/2 weeks and to be honest i love it and the looks - its got great road presence. But in a pic thread i made Ali reckoned it looked pretty dated (which is fair enough) but i was just wodnering what other people's opinions were.

So dated or not? you decide :

Photo-0056.jpg

ph quick
Nah mate they look totally sick as in good

p.s. nice wheels, im sure they are the ones i sold, surely two people couldnt have been stuid enough to buy those new....

p.p.s. that is an awesome colour

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
sorry lol, tbh i always thoyght they looked a bit old fashioned, i just couldnt afford a ph2 at the time

ph quick
Knowsit, if i could bring myself to spend more money on a clio id buy that awesome monaco blue clio thats for sale on here, imo its the best looking clio

Yup, I recon they are. I think more oldskool than dated though.

I used to think the ph1 was more agressive looking from the front, but I've changed my mind. The rear end on a ph1 is yuck imo. Its the inside that is dated, but then the design is nearly 10 years old. Well, older if you think the ph1 shape came out in 1998.

You know a ph2 is better ;)

Jag Mondeo -Type
Yeah I personally think they do look dated, think they have for a while TBH. Think its the bonnet/headlights that makes it worse. Oh and the rear bumper doesnt suit the car, improved on the ph2s

RB 200 Cup!
^ true lo

thank go mine came with ph2 lights - yeah i guess i miss my black 172 a bit but this just seems a bit more raw if you know what i mean?

i think also having a red one makes it a bit better

i like the flamer's , i also think titanium silver is hard to beat on a ph1 (soooo pretty lol)

i had a cup try me on the motorway and he wasnt gettin near me

in yo face cup boy :rasp:

They are my favourite clio :) They have aged wel but no matter who you are you have to admit they have aged! I mean, you wouldnt find any manufacturer of any car selling something that style anymore. They are gorgeous cars, yes they are probably let down by the interior now, but then again, all cars of that age will be!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
LOL @ Ali Reckon's! - U'd think everything i said was gospel!

Even the 182's look dated now in comparison to the 197!

It's an evolution i suppose. I preffered the mk2 as a matter of course, but thats not to say there's not plenty of nice ph1's about!

I own a R27 and occasionally I do the look back at the car whilst I'm walking into work from the car park. Like I used to do with my old Racing Blue.
To me the Clio2 looks have definitely dated when compared to the Clio3, but I still love 172/182 and would have another in a shot.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
dated/old school

but if i had to choose again (even if psh1 where as expensive as a psh2) i would go for the psh1 all day long

i just love the drive.

but i'm a sucker for the psh2 boot, bumper, cup spoiler and lights.

Vw caddy tdi
Becoming rarer especially the mars and yellow, when up together Id have ph1 over a ph2 any day the sl*g rules..

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
lay off the crack Tim!

they look miles better than Ph2's imo, especially in your colour

get some ROTA's and H&R action going

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
Ye Ph1's look dated, they look dated as soon as the ph2 came out.

I have owned 3 ph2's RS clios and now a ph1 and the ph2's look better but I much preffer my ph1 for rawness which certainly makes it feel quick/er.

Love the fact they are so cheap so I have lots of money spare for modding and tuning.

End of the day they share alot of DNA with the ph2's and by no means is the ph2 a watered down version, its basically a cheaper more dated version that kicks a$$.

PH1 - FTW :p

Last edited: