ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 6 thread.

133/225/CLS AMG
I've still got a 4 which I switched on last night for the first time in ages, was plugged into my Mac and did the iOS8 update. Animations on it are quicker on 8 than they were on 7, which was a surprise. Still a useable phone all be it not lightning quick.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Went into the Apple Store today and it just felt too large for one handed use.

The 5 is the last phone that will give one handed use. It was designed that way. You can't go bigger and keep that same function.
In saying that, you can still use one handed, you just maybe can't reach top left.

Loving the 6 still. Feels a good size now i've gotten used to it. Had a look at my 5s last night and just reading text on emails and sites seemed so small!

On another point the battery has big thumbs up so far lasting all day for me. My 5s was terrible, last night the battery was on 92% and is without simcard, brightness down and on airplane mode with all open apps closed yet it dropped to 58%!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I never had an issue using my Note3 one handed. You just adapt to the situation

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
The 5 is the last phone that will give one handed use. It was designed that way. You can't go bigger and keep that same function.
In saying that, you can still use one handed, you just maybe can't reach top left.

Double tap, not press but tap the home button and it moves down now you can reach top left.

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
Did you go for the clear one man ? If so its the same one I've got, got mine off of amazon for 10£ delivered with Prime.

Hey mate. Yep went for the clear one. I ordered off eBay £9 all in, despatch time is 7-10 days. Everywhere seems out of stock Including the Spigen website!

ST
Hey mate. Yep went for the clear one. I ordered off eBay £9 all in, despatch time is 7-10 days. Everywhere seems out of stock Including the Spigen website!

Hey man,

I must've ordered at the right time, Sunday evening and it came on Tuesday.

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
Hey man,

I must've ordered at the right time, Sunday evening and it came on Tuesday.

I really didn't want a case. They all looked too bulky. Where as this actually looks ok!! Fingers crossed for a speedy delivery

e428c89dc006c72ce425fc9119b270af.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Played with my Brother's new 6 for a couple of hours, first up, it's stunning it really is, I think it's space grey, looks great with the screen. Proper alien tech as Roy said.

Sadly after an hour it just felt like a thinner, bigger screened 5. I know I know you can't reinvent the wheel but they need to throw off the shackles a bit. The camera was nice, (i'm not impressed with my 5 that much camera wise), but still didn't seem just as crisp as the other flagship phones i've tried.

It's like a nice fashion accessory and a great phone, the competition maybe offer a bit more diversity.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Played with my Brother's new 6 for a couple of hours, first up, it's stunning it really is, I think it's space grey, looks great with the screen. Proper alien tech as Roy said.

Sadly after an hour it just felt like a thinner, bigger screened 5. I know I know you can't reinvent the wheel but they need to throw off the shackles a bit. The camera was nice, (i'm not impressed with my 5 that much camera wise), but still didn't seem just as crisp as the other flagship phones i've tried.

It's like a nice fashion accessory and a great phone, the competition maybe offer a bit more diversity.

I've gone to the competition twice now, first time I lasted three months and the second time more recently twenty four hours. I won't be making the same mistake a third time.
Android feels and looks cheap in comparison to iOS and the apps also follow suit.
Each to their own though, good luck with it.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I fondled a 6 and 6 plus in EE today.

I am ahsamed to say I don't hate the 6 plus as much as I anticipated.

In fact, I want one. It's just, not as obscene as I imagined. The 6 is pointless in comparison.

God damnit, apple.

6 plus S* for me it is then next September.

*the S will stand for its shape.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Been with giffgaff for almost twelve months now and been brilliant so far :)

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
My 6 turned up today great phone a bit slippery to hold I was gonna go caseless with applecare plus as I end up spending 100 quid on cases

It's definitely slippery compared to the older ones... dropped it a couple of times now but only on carpet lol.

I'm rolling commando and don't have an issue. Sure, it's probably easier to drop if you're careless, but personally I've quickly become accustomed to the new size and feel.