ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 6 thread.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Yep the new charger plug is another business master class tbh especially with the potential of wireless charging this time round!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
It's a phone. What are people expecting? It's very unlikely that a completely borderless phone will be on the market any time soon. And if it were, the first thing you'd hear the following day would be people complaining how they cracked their screen on the edge. I'm beginning to really hate the entitlement world in which we live.

Design your own f**king phone.

LOL. I love you; Straight to the point you miserable c*nt. <3 x

I'll be buying on day 1, regardless.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I don't upgrade my phones quickly at all. I had my 3GS for over four years before switching to the 5 that I have now.

At the earliest, I reckon I'd be looking towards the 7. Skip a generation - the technical improvements over the previous one aren't always 'that'.

As a device, the size, shape and usability of the 5 is very good for me. I can't help shake the feeling that the Android platform, regardless of the phone that it sits on - just looks and feels cobbled-together?

D.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
3GS for 4 years??! I'd have been tearing my hair out with how slow and s**t it would have been for the last two years lol

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
3GS for 4 years??! I'd have been tearing my hair out with how slow and s**t it would have been for the last two years lol
My mum's 4 makes me tear my hair out nevermind a 3gs!!!!

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I never understood the fuss surrounding the lightning connector. IIRC, it's not the first time in history an electronic connector had been superseded.

Not a 320d
Wonder what itll look like this time round......

iPhone%206-578-80.png

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
I wish they would hurry up and launch the new phone as my nexus 4 is playing up. I really like the size of the 5 and not sure I would want a bigger phone but don't want to shell out on a 5s if the 6 is much better argh :S

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Ye not really worth getting an 5s that's why they are desperate to shift them ATM lol

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
iPhone 6 release date

The iPhone 6 release date will be in 2014 and it's looking increasingly likely that we'll see it in September, which would fit in nicely with the rollout of the newly announced iOS 8.

Apple has launched the last few iPhones at a special event in September, so the smart money has always been on September 2014 for the iPhone 6's arrival - followed by a new iPad Air launch in October

Not too long to wait then :)

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Not to mention the fact that according to ifun.de Apple is restricting holidays during September for employees at German Apple Stores, which strongly suggests a new hardware launch then.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
just a prediction by 2 guys by the looks of things...

i predict it has a full physical qwerty keyboard and has an infra red sensor with polyphonic ringtones.

watch this space

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
Looks a very likely design as it follows the iPad Air contour, new button style etc. And also fits the rumour of the larger screen & less border.

However with all things Apple we won't know for certain until release.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
LOL @ no home button on the front. Dont be silly.

img_9395.jpg

Front

iphone6-back.jpg

Back.

That clears that up then.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It's not it's wider and slightly taller screen. It'll have a home button. Only thing that puts me off the other phones.

The LG G3 doesn't have any buttons... at all... anywhere!

Listerine & Poledo
Apple could make the 6 with a round screen and no interface at all, people would still buy it.

I dont want a bigger phone, if I did, I'd have one of those Galaxy Notes.

Pretty sure the Phablet form is just a way to fill a niche that doesn't actually exist apart for from those people who are too tight to buy the seperate devices. Cheaper to get the one that isn't as good as a phone, or a tablet

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
It's not it's wider and slightly taller screen. It'll have a home button. Only thing that puts me off the other phones.

Doesn't look much bigger tbh.

And yes it does? Lol! They're just on the rear of the phone..

2014 Focus Titanium

I don't understand what the fuss is about the home button. Can someone please explain?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Its how iOS works without it you'd be unable to use the phone properly.

On a 5S onwards its even more critical as it unlocks the phone and makes payments etc etc

2014 Focus Titanium
Its how iOS works without it you'd be unable to use the phone properly.

On a 5S onwards its even more critical as it unlocks the phone and makes payments etc etc

It wouldn't take much to have a soft home button for the rest of the OS, but I never considered the finger print thing, that's a valid point.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
You can do a soft home button now, but it doesn't really work as well.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Don't really know how to take the pictures above as it seems to look like the only one IMO. :S

133/225/CLS AMG
I'm usually due an upgrade around the time of the new model (September/October) so I'll see what's what with the iPhone 6.

I'm not phased about having a physically bigger phone but it would be nice if they made the screen bigger within the same dimensions. I like the dimensions of the iPhone 5, slips in a pocket easily, doesn't make you look like a tw@t when you use it as a phone (like phablets do!). I'd opt for the smaller of the 6 as I have an iPad Mini and full size iPad so I want my phone to be phone sized.