ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 6 thread.

SQ5
Friends and Family get 30%, employees allowed 5 others on it I believe. Mother in Law is friends with someone who works at Vodafone and gets it.

Just brings their prices down to other operators though, Vodafone seem hella expensive compared to most and the coverage and service reliability is shocking.

Looking forward to getting the 6, I miss out all of the S/C crap and just get the first of the next gen. My 5 doesn't feel old or slow though, 32gb launch model, edges are marked so hopefully the new one will be less scratch resistant.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Can't wait to upgrade having had the 5 from launch. (September 20thish 2012).

Tempted to go for a 4G contract this time, I'll definitely be going 32GB again as well.

20% off with Voda through work which is nice.

I get the 20% VEA discount through work. I can have 5 family of friends on it too.

Its a a pretty decent saving IMO. I get unlimited minutes and text and 6GB of data, 4g plan with an iPhone 5S for £37 PCM.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I've got a 4 & a 5.

I still stand by the fact there's nothing wrong with the 4 however the updates have slowed the phone down a ridiculous amount!
Typical Apple.

Yup. Not cool. I held off on iOS7 for as long as possible but ended up biting the bullet - it was faster for a few weeks then slower than before thereafter. Fcukers.

Shame if the new one is getting bigger. I was hoping for the same size or smaller because I was thinking of upgrading but this is just getting daft.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I can get the 20% off also. Just wondering, you don't have to be on the same account or anything?

Just upgrade then fill in the paperwork after? My Mum has it on hers through my Dad, they did it in store.

Yup. Not cool. I held off on iOS7 for as long as possible but ended up biting the bullet - it was faster for a few weeks then slower than before thereafter. Fcukers.

Shame if the new one is getting bigger. I was hoping for the same size or smaller because I was thinking of upgrading but this is just getting daft.

I'm still in ios7.0 for this reason.

DB.

BMW 440i
I get the 20% VEA discount through work. I can have 5 family of friends on it too.

Its a a pretty decent saving IMO. I get unlimited minutes and text and 6GB of data, 4g plan with an iPhone 5S for £37 PCM.

Yeah that's what I get. Better than a kick in the teeth.

I can get the 20% off also. Just wondering, you don't have to be on the same account or anything?

Just upgrade then fill in the paperwork after? My Mum has it on hers through my Dad, they did it in store.

That's what I did with the mrs last time. I wasn't at this company last time I had a new phone but will use it for myself this time.

Strell

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman JCW
That's what I did with the mrs last time. I wasn't at this company last time I had a new phone but will use it for myself this time.

I believe you always have to reconfirm your discount. I have been getting the friends and family, each time I get a new phone (always been doing the 12 months) if I upgrade or get a new one you have to apply the discount after.
They said this is to stop people from getting the discount once and it then forever staying on their account even if they no longer work there/no longer are friends.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
This should keep you guys wet for a bit...

iphone_6_kitguru_520x300x24_fill_heb5da5dc.jpg

I'll get one once the rush eases off after launch date. With 4g. I just hope the option of Spotify Premium with Vodafone carries on.

It's a phone. What are people expecting? It's very unlikely that a completely borderless phone will be on the market any time soon. And if it were, the first thing you'd hear the following day would be people complaining how they cracked their screen on the edge. I'm beginning to really hate the entitlement world in which we live.

Design your own f**king phone.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
It's a phone. What are people expecting? It's very unlikely that a completely borderless phone will be on the market any time soon. And if it were, the first thing you'd hear the following day would be people complaining how they cracked their screen on the edge. I'm beginning to really hate the entitlement world in which we live.

You're old right? You like to remind us every now and then!!

I just want the sides to be boarder less. Obv...

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member

Like this little beaut!!!

e-6-is-going-to-have-a-bigger-higher-resolution-scratch-proof-screen-and-its-going-to-be-lighter.jpg

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
All other phone companies can manage it. I'm sure Apple can.

I bet if you did a survey it would be 8:2 for the one i posted above compared to the one gally posted.

An orange one
I'll be happy if it looks like that picture actually, as it means I'll probably be happy with my 5S, which means I can get a new iPad instead.

Either way apple win lol :(

320d M Sport
Hoping for something new and exciting. I love reading the rumours but it's better when they blow you away with something you just didn't see coming.

I watched the original iphone unveil the other day, still amazing!

http://youtu.be/9hUIxyE2Ns8

Last edited:

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
I know mate. But look at the competition at the time. Apple
really were so far ahead then.

Not that far ahead, the first one was poor in some areas, no picture messaging, crap camera without a flash, no GPS, etc, however, it was brilliant in other areas and it kick started a revolution...

We have a lot to thank the original iPhone for TBH

320d M Sport
Actually Rich you're right mate. I remember messing with my mates and thinking it doesn't have bluetooth, you can't picture message and it's got a s**t camera! Weird. Maybe they were playing the long game ha

An orange one
Hoping for something new and exciting. I love reading the rumours but it's better when they blow you away with something you just didn't see coming.

I watched the original iphone unveil the other day, still amazing!

http://youtu.be/9hUIxyE2Ns8

Really enjoyed that. Never seen it before either, it really was something else. I love how back then everything was completely secret and they didn't have a clue what was going to be unveiled.

Also Steve Jobs what a legend!

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
The old iPhone is the reason why we have choice of so many good phones now :)

Not that far ahead, the first one was poor in some areas, no picture messaging, crap camera without a flash, no GPS, etc, however, it was brilliant in other areas and it kick started a revolution...

We have a lot to thank the original iPhone for TBH

revolutionary, with room for improvement.. for a reason. leave things for the next models or they wouldnt sell! perfect business sense.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
People keep going on about how we know more now pre-release. But the reality is, we don't. There are a few pictures of things, and a bazillion rumours.

Yes, some of the rumours will be true, but a broken clock is right twice a day, FFS.

Anyway, I could do without it getting much bigger. Other than that, I will probably upgrade in January at my contracts end. I don't really like other phones as a rule (sweeping generalisation) and I'm not a techy, so Android doesn't float that bubble for me.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Actually Rich you're right mate. I remember messing with my mates and thinking it doesn't have bluetooth, you can't picture message and it's got a s**t camera! Weird. Maybe they were playing the long game ha

More than likely part of a clever strategy, so they can add features to later models and sell more phones, so definitely playing the long game.