ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 4S - Read post #1 before asking questions

Will you be buying an iPhone 4S

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
i ordered one online the other day, how do i find out when ill get it?

it said 1-2 weeks delivery, thats far to vauge for me ha

320d M Sport
Mississ ordered last week with orange. She's called them tonight and not yet dispatched, they have ran out of 16g phones.

260% JCW
i ordered one online the other day, how do i find out when ill get it?

it said 1-2 weeks delivery, thats far to vauge for me ha

I ordered a black 16gig on the 12th of October, and that status has just changed today. It's with UPS for delivery on the 26th.

If you log in to you Apple account you can track it, mine sat at "Processing items" for a week or so and has just changed today.

Get the f**k in.....

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I ordered a black 16gig on the 12th of October, and that status has just changed today. It's with UPS for delivery on the 26th.

If you log in to you Apple account you can track it, mine sat at "Processing items" for a week or so and has just changed today.

Get the f**k in.....

didnt make an apple account! :( iFail

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Update to my apple id issue... Spoke to apple and tbh they were actually useless... I explained the issue that on updates it wants my @mac address and on new purchases it wants my @me address and the mac one is no longer working.... That I had logged out and gone to my apple id management page and it's not listed... He got a supervisor to call me back.... She did exactly the same as the guy before except she had the worst broken English ever and her way to fix it was to tell me to call iTunes support!!

Actually disappointed in apple for the first time in my life....

Managed to find a way around it if I have an upgrade app to make, if I download a free app first then do the upgrade it goes through... Just a pain in the arse!!!!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
To iCloud?? Yes... There are quiet a few people with similar issue and apple have no idea how to fix it....

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I'm properly confused at what you've managed to do.

the way i see it its possible to have 2 apple id's linked to one account xxxxx@me.com and xxxxx@mac.com
but for this to cause an issue, you would have had to buy apps or whatever using both ids and then remember which one you used to buy it when updating?

Get the f**k in.....

Same with me, im so happy now ahah

Clio 172 cup
How do you check your order/track your phone when ordering from orange as i ordered a 4s 16gb last night and she told me it will be 2-4 days for delivery??

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Must have been a big delivery, O2 just mailed my my tracking details for my 4S so shall have it tomorrow.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
I'm properly confused at what you've managed to do.

the way i see it its possible to have 2 apple id's linked to one account xxxxx@me.com and xxxxx@mac.com
but for this to cause an issue, you would have had to buy apps or whatever using both ids and then remember which one you used to buy it when updating?

Right basically everything was fine on the iphone 4 I got my 4s and restored a iphone 4 backup on to the s...

Click on AppStore to buy or download a new app it goes through my *********@me.com which works fine.

If an app has a upgrade available, no matter how new or old it wants me to use my *******@mac.com even if it's an app I downloaded 2 days ago with my me.com id it wants to update with my mac.com.

If I go settings > store, my id is my me.com account, if I go to appl.com/appleid or whatever the address is, and go to I'd management there is no mac.com account, it's no longer in existence... Now when I try and upgrade I get a message saying that Id isn't verified and they are sending a link to my mac.com email for me to click... Now I can't do that as it doesn't exist, I can't change to the me.com account as it won't allow me but no where on the phone is the mac.com account.... So no way to verify or remove lol?

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Sounds mental. Can you edit your id?

Nope no way to edit the id lol no way to change the email it sends the verification to, no way to change the mac.com lol!!!! Basically I can't stop or change it, only way to update is to download something free then upgrade soon as the me.com id verifys lol.... Then delete the free app :-/

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
This is aimed at the folks who have upgraded to a 4S via o2:

How did you order yours? My contract is now up for renewal, so I go online, and it won't let me upgrade to the 4S online. It says I have to go directly to an o2 store, yet the 10 stores closest to me are inevitably sold out? I tried calling them, but whilst on hold I got a recorded message saying they've sold out of the iPhone 4S, so I hung up to investigate further...Am I still able to call and upgrade, or will they tell me to go to my nearest store? Has anyone else managed to place an order by telephone?

Clio 172 cup
I ordered one via telephone on monday evening through orange, the lady on the phone said it will be delivered within 2-4 days

The orange website says they are sold out tho :s

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Yep i ordered on the phone. They said it will be with me within 30 days. I got a txt the next day saying its out for delivery. A two day turn around wasnt bad..

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
It was a messy phone call...She said she could take a back order, but the minimum wait was 14 days. When I placed my order, I asked for delivery to a different address - that meant 21 days in total as it had to go through the "Security & Fraud Department." Fair enough, I agreed to it all. My order is finalised, Miss "UK Based Call Operator" then tells me, "it'll be with you in 7-10 days."

Something, somewhere, will go wrong :(

RenaultSport 172
I ordered one via telephone on monday evening through orange, the lady on the phone said it will be delivered within 2-4 days

The orange website says they are sold out tho :s

You more than likely have a wait on your hands.Me and the missus order one each from Orange a week last monday, I ordered a 16GB Black she went for a white 16GB. Her delivery estimate was 2-4 days (She's still waiting) and mine turned up the next day.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
It was a messy phone call...She said she could take a back order, but the minimum wait was 14 days. When I placed my order, I asked for delivery to a different address - that meant 21 days in total as it had to go through the "Security & Fraud Department." Fair enough, I agreed to it all. My order is finalised, Miss "UK Based Call Operator" then tells me, "it'll be with you in 7-10 days."

Had mine delivered to my work, no problems thankfully.

Called them last weed on Wednesday and was told it was a back order but would be UP TO 14 days. Receievd the phone today.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Ok so after its 1st day of usage since a full charge in made up with it! Have everything usual turned on like locations, push email etc. taking calls today, texts messages,FaceTime for 20mins and web etc

0a61306e.jpg

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Also forgot to say that's including a good 15 minutes of a work mate asking Siri every fecking question under the sun lol

Is it normal that after you unplug the phone from the charger, having been on overnight (air plane mode), it almost immediately drops to 99%, and then quick quickly down to 98%?

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Is it normal that after you unplug the phone from the charger, having been on overnight (air plane mode), it almost immediately drops to 99%, and then quick quickly down to 98%?

I had a similar thing on my 1st 3GS. Returned it for another, give your provider a bell or make an apple appointment I'd say.

200 Gordini
Few issues with mine:

- Echos during calls
- When someone answers they can not hear anything until I hang up and call again
- When I have the headphone or bluetooth connected it outputs the phone call over the phones speaker
- Loud screeching noise when I connect to a call or unplug from the charging dock

Best £700 I have ever spent. I know Apple with replace it when I book an appointment but still a ball ache to take a day out of my life to travel and get it exchanged.

Mondeo ST220

How did you manage that?

They're still saying its only in store purchases and even the store can't order one for you.

According to the stock checker, the nearest 64gb to me is Northern Ireland.

I want to upgrade, but not that much...