ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 4S - Read post #1 before asking questions

Will you be buying an iPhone 4S

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
  Citroen DS3 DSport
Yeah been into there it still shows my new number but won't let me change it. The number only changed over this morning so might take a bit of time to change on the phone.

It should automatically switch within 24 hours, a friend had the same problem earlier this week. Be sure and reboot the iPhone every so often and it will force it to recheck the number. It's also worth switching iMessage off/on every so often. Once complete the correct number should display within iMessage settings but also check the Call ID found within Settings/Messages/Receive At/Caller ID.

BG V6, LY 182
Well I give in so the wife shall get my old 4

Free white 16gb 4S

500mins
Unlimited texts
Unlimited landline
Unlimited hotspot
1gb data

£31 a month (18 month contract) took 2 hours of calling to finally get through to someone who would be willing to actually do me a deal to stay with o2

By far the best deal i've heard of. How'd you manage that?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
anyone else having an issue where if you try to update an app its showing an old apple id, even though you are logged in with the correct one??

basically my correct id is a @me.com which i am signed in with... however when i click update it shows a @mac.com apple id which is what the @me replaced... now I'm signed in with the @me and the app was downloaded on the @me... it asks me to verify the account as its a new phone but it sends the verification to the old @mac address which is no longer working or forwarding to my @me account... so i can't verify or update the app, i have signed out and back in but it makes no difference :(

Yes, and this is a major issue IMO.

All of my old apps are trying to update using my old ID "@gmail.com"

Thing is, it'll still accept my old password etc. It's very annoying and something apple really haven't thought about when giving out these new apple ID's for the cloud.

AK

M240i
Well I give in so the wife shall get my old 4

Free white 16gb 4S

500mins
Unlimited texts
Unlimited landline
Unlimited hotspot
1gb data

£31 a month (18 month contract) took 2 hours of calling to finally get through to someone who would be willing to actually do me a deal to stay with o2

I've pretty much the same but on a 24 month and 100 more mins.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Yes, and this is a major issue IMO.

All of my old apps are trying to update using my old ID "@gmail.com"

Thing is, it'll still accept my old password etc. It's very annoying and something apple really haven't thought about when giving out these new apple ID's for the cloud.

yeh my password was the same but it wants me to click a link in the email it sends... but the email doesn't work any more so i can't click the link and it won't change the address?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Mines apparently just been delivered at home. Probably a silly question but when i plug mine in at home do i just restore it from my 3GS details?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
If you want it to have everything the 3GS had on it then yes

Plug in old iphone, right click "back up", plug in new iphone, go through the motions, right click "restore"

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
By far the best deal i've heard of. How'd you manage that?

Constant calling back until I got someone who would do a deal. I'm on an iPhone unlimited data plan and spanked 3.5gb average a month so my point was you want me off this free data but it's gotta be worth my while.

Last chap put me on hold and spoke to someone and eventually sorted a deal. I didn't need that much data, I only use 700-800mb myself and the rest was purely work stuff. Since I no have a wifi spot for work I don't need my own data. Worke doubt nicely, just called them and looks like its currently being processed in warehouse

BG V6, LY 182
Constant calling back until I got someone who would do a deal. I'm on an iPhone unlimited data plan and spanked 3.5gb average a month so my point was you want me off this free data but it's gotta be worth my while.

Last chap put me on hold and spoke to someone and eventually sorted a deal. I didn't need that much data, I only use 700-800mb myself and the rest was purely work stuff. Since I no have a wifi spot for work I don't need my own data. Worke doubt nicely, just called them and looks like its currently being processed in warehouse

Iv just took my 4s back about an hour ago. Wasn't at all content with what i done. They said i can upgrade anytime from monday again, and they have put me back onto my old tarrif.

Might give them a call instead, Iv been with o2 about 6 years now. I mainly want internet and unlimted texts. 100-200 mins tops would be more than enough for me as i have my work phone for that. They should be abe to do a deal? 16gb white btw.

Ph2 172
Not sure i've got calenders to my liking at the moment - on the Pc Calender (which i tend to use as i sync it from outlook) It seems to put the temperatures in for each day - anyone know if there is a way to switch this off?? Had a look for anything obvious with no luck, and had a look on line and still no luck.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
The deal i had was £32 p/m, £99 phone, unlimited txts, 500mb interweb, and 500mins. Since i have sent the phone back and im going for the sensation xe. Same tariff but free phone and £27 p/month

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Quick question regarding iMessage: I got my 4s the other day on Three, I used to be on o2 so have transferred my old number to me new phone which has all happened today. When I send an SMS or phone people it comes up with my old number, great. However if I send an iMessage it shows as the new number. I can see that in the setting it still shows the new number in the iMessage part but there is no way to change it as it is greyed out.

Anyone know what I can do?

Go in to message settings turn iMessage off and then on again.

BG 182 (full fat)
Need help, just got my 4s on orange, where the hell is the 3g to enable it? can only use wifi, and when i switch that off there is no 3g.

BG 182 (full fat)
im in my house with wifi switched off, so why am i not getting any 3g? we have good coverage around here aswell. Not letting me send txts either says sending message failure

im in my house with wifi switched off, so why am i not getting any 3g? we have good coverage around here aswell. Not letting me send txts either says sending message failure

Probably not activated your sim yet, if you can't send txts im guessing you can't make calls.

I have been thinking about picking one up sim free. Got a couple of Q's though -

What is the battery like compared to the 4?
Is Siri actually good? Or a gimmick I am going to get bored of in 2 weeks?

Clio 172
I picked mine up yesterday - I'll never use siri. The battery life is good compared to my HTC HD2, at the moment im on nearly 3 hours use and 12 hours standby and at 65% charge to go. I miss the android social side seamlessly linking contacts, but otherwise I'm a convert.

R.I.P 182
Definately notice the difference in the battery.

I find Siri good for when I can't use my hands I can still txt and look up things!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Battery was worse but has got better and is probably the same as my 4 now.

Siri is excellent, use it a lot to set alarms and reminders. Not in public though :eek:

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
anyone else having an issue where if you try to update an app its showing an old apple id, even though you are logged in with the correct one??

basically my correct id is a @me.com which i am signed in with... however when i click update it shows a @mac.com apple id which is what the @me replaced... now I'm signed in with the @me and the app was downloaded on the @me... it asks me to verify the account as its a new phone but it sends the verification to the old @mac address which is no longer working or forwarding to my @me account... so i can't verify or update the app, i have signed out and back in but it makes no difference :(

My .mac mails still go to my .me account.