ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iOS5 Question

6/468 17poo
Can you not even bloody read?

*sigh*

What part of turn on WiFi syncing in iTunes is hard? No, not on your phone.

I can read, obviously.

I have done that and does not seem to be doing anything, ill have a restart and see if itll work, cheers

Last edited:
  CBR1000RR Fireblade
i have re installed IOS5, i will see how the battery life lasts today. i have also turned off all the spot light functions and the iphone seems to be abit fast.

2014 Clio 200t edc
Ahhhh!!! Downloaded and updated my 3GS, didn't restore but I have lost ALL my texts etc!!! Can't believe it!!

dk

911 GTS Cab
if munson isn't seeing an issue, then there isn't an issue........

anyway, for us mere mortals, there does seem to be a lot of people noticing the same and apparently its only noticeable in the general release, and wasn't present in the beta, hopefully there will be a fix soon, but in the meant time, there are a few battery saving tips on this link.

http://osxdaily.com/2011/10/16/ios-5-battery-life-fix-tips/

I've given a few of them a go so i'll see what its like tomorrow, if not i'll try the restore method.

dk

911 GTS Cab
if munson isn't seeing an issue, then there isn't an issue........

anyway, for us mere mortals, there does seem to be a lot of people noticing the same and apparently its only noticeable in the general release, and wasn't present in the beta, hopefully there will be a fix soon, but in the meant time, there are a few battery saving tips on this link.

http://osxdaily.com/2011/10/16/ios-5-battery-life-fix-tips/

I've given a few of them a go so i'll see what its like tomorrow, if not i'll try the restore method.

my iPhone has been running very slow with menus and apps taking ages to open, even the camera and the texts areas etc.

i've just done most of the things on that list, i didn't do a restore. But since changing those settings my iPhone is now lightning fast!

Its made such a difference, so id recommend everyone takes a look at it and turns off the stuff you aren't going to use. Just hope my battery also lasts a lot longer tomorrow too. :)

Nickw88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 430D & T5
Sorry if this has been covered already but I'm at work and don't have time to read the whole thread...

Basically after updating my iphone 4 to IOS5 I thought everything was fine except I noticed yesterday that some of my contacts are messed up and the numbers have been deleted. The contacts are still showing but I can't edit any of the info for them so have had to add them again from previous call logs.

So noticed this morning that I can't add entries into my calendar anymore so having to use reminders instead which I find is annoying.

Any suggestions? I'd rather not have to install everything again as it nearly killed my laptop and took 7 and a half hours!

Audi A4 1.8T Sport
Sorry if this has been covered already but I'm at work and don't have time to read the whole thread...

Basically after updating my iphone 4 to IOS5 I thought everything was fine except I noticed yesterday that some of my contacts are messed up and the numbers have been deleted. The contacts are still showing but I can't edit any of the info for them so have had to add them again from previous call logs.

So noticed this morning that I can't add entries into my calendar anymore so having to use reminders instead which I find is annoying.

Any suggestions? I'd rather not have to install everything again as it nearly killed my laptop and took 7 and a half hours!

Restore

LOl dk you're such a helmet. I'm not having any issues. What else do you want me to say?

Are you a complete wanker IRL also?

Thanks for your reply, will this will take hours like before?

Search your computer for 'IPSW' that's the file you need.

So instead of just restoring and letting it download again, press Ctril as you click restore and it will come up with the file box. Just navigate to that file and it means you won't need to download it again.

Nickw88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 430D & T5
Search your computer for 'IPSW' that's the file you need.

So instead of just restoring and letting it download again, press Ctril as you click restore and it will come up with the file box. Just navigate to that file and it means you won't need to download it again.

Thanks revels, I'll give this a go. I presume it's just a fault on mine then not an IOS 5 bug?

CBR1000RR Fireblade
i spent yesterday messing about turning things off on the handset that i never use like push notifications and icloud etc etc etc, also have reset the factory network settings and last night i ran the battery down to empty and gave it a full mains charge.

today the battery life has far exceeded that of yesterday. normally by this time in the day i am already on my second charge but i am happy to say that i still have 40% remaining.

it appears that turning un used services off has made a big impact on battery life

Perrinho

ClioSport Club Member
I have left features I use like iCloud etc enabled but disable some of the other things mentioned in the link, and since this morning I still have 76% available, normally I'd be down to near 30% now...

dk

911 GTS Cab
LOl dk you're such a helmet. I'm not having any issues. What else do you want me to say?

Are you a complete wanker IRL also?

I think I definitely preferred you non-bold, less posts = less abuse as you had to pick and choose.

Have you actually ever met anyone from here IRL?

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Is anyone else having issues with wifi since the update?

Mine won't stay connected, I have to reconnect every time I want to go online.

Any suggestions?

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Oh, and safari is running very slowly, which is annoying.

It's like using a really old lap top. Type type type, nothing, everything appears.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
It didn't work with tapatalk, you certainly used to be able to get around the posting limit using that.

AK

M240i
You do talk crap though.

trollface.jpg