ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

IOS 8

An orange one
The camera roll thing sounds a nightmare.

Im glad other people have noticed the random extra words appearing when you type, very annoying!

Think I'll just stick with my version 7.0.3 :)

dk

911 GTS Cab
The extra words have been present since 7 but its seems to have got worse since using 8.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I've noticed the text issue. Apart from that no problems. Even with SwiftKey...

I don't understand the camera roll issue? If anything it's easier to navigate?

Clio 172
So say you have an ipad, the camera roll contains pics you have taken with the ipad. In my case very few. The photostream album on the ipad contains all the pics taken on my iphone. If i update the ipad to ios8, then all pics both taken on the ipad and the iphone appear in the photos view on the ipad. Which is basically a duplication of the iphone and makes the pics unique to the ipad difficult to find.

thats my problem, really the integration of photostream i guess.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
This has got to be the buggiest version of IOS to be released IMO. I'm having several issues, especially with the keyboard.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Has anyone had the message pop up asking if apps can use their location in the background?

celicaturbolly

ClioSport Club Member
  Kona , Old Defender
Just 'upgraded' - waste of time imo certain things are sluggish on my 5 and the text thing is annoying

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
OK, so another complaint from me... now when texting in landscape, you insert a question mark, or exclamation mark.. press space, and it doesn't return to the letters? I hope that's a bug?

dk

911 GTS Cab
OK, so another complaint from me... now when texting in landscape, you insert a question mark, or exclamation mark.. press space, and it doesn't return to the letters? I hope that's a bug?
My galaxy s4 does that and it's f**king annoying, one of the most annoying things about android for me.

weird that it only does it on landscape, I've never texted in landscape tbh, but I'm constantly typing on my iPad in landscape and this doesn't happen. I do keep pressing the additional keyboards icon bottom left though, I think they made the numbers button smaller?

Tesla MP3 2021
I think this is a hangover from previous iOS's (way back to iOS4 maybe) and I still cant seem to find a firm answer which is worrying, but is there a way to stop notifications interrupting music playback... i.e from the Deezer App via my car's BT streaming function?

When streaming music, various background notifications such as email, texts and other notifications from apps will often lower the volume and then increase it back to where it was.... am I missing something here?

ST
I think this is a hangover from previous iOS's (way back to iOS4 maybe) and I still cant seem to find a firm answer which is worrying, but is there a way to stop notifications interrupting music playback... i.e from the Deezer App via my car's BT streaming function?

When streaming music, various background notifications such as email, texts and other notifications from apps will often lower the volume and then increase it back to where it was.... am I missing something here?

This has always been the case with playing tracks from your library too mate, i don't know why it'd be any different for Spotify or the likes.

Tesla MP3 2021
I've only recently started to use Deezer as I normally just use my iPod Classic and it's quite annoying. I haven't tried it from the Music app tbh.... You would think this would be a big issue for people who use this all the time. Seems like Android users suffer the same problem with a quick search on Google.

ST
I've only recently started to use Deezer as I normally just use my iPod Classic and it's quite annoying. I haven't tried it from the Music app tbh.... You would think this would be a big issue for people who use this all the time. Seems like Android users suffer the same problem with a quick search on Google.

Probably due to the fact, first and foremost it's a phone before its an MP3 player etc, although as you say it's a bit of a pain.

The team viewer app is awful since the update.

It no longer saves my username and password, then continually crashes.

Google drive keeps crashing too. I've reported both.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Okay I'm up to 3 things that I'm impressed with on iOS 8 now.

1- battery life meter
2- predicted keyboard thing is very clever
3- instant action to notifications whilst still in app

the rest is meh

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

Airplane mode.

SQ5

Stick it on do not disturb?

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
Anyone else not getting the keyboard come up when selecting a text box or similar? as in i have had to type this in safari as I couldnt get a keyboard on tapatalk

CBR1000RR Fireblade
The bugs are really starting to get on my tits now.

Does anyone know when they're releasing iOS 8.1?

BMW E46 330i Touring
Ahh c'mon guys, at least we can play predictive word roulette now:

The new version of this month in which the company has to be the same thing to me that I have a good idea but the only way to the point of view is numberwang!

Ok, I typed that last word myself. [emoji20]

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I love word roulette.

I'm not sure if you want to be able to get the chance of winning a game of thrones and I don't know what to do with a new phone and it was not immediately available to comment on the other hand the same time I try to be able too. M&m's