ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

IOS 8

AK

M240i
I'm not sure how I'm going to update, the stuff that's taking up space is space that Apple reserves :s and I don't have a laptop/PC.

ST
Downloading it on my MBP then i'll update my 5 and iPad Air the old fashioned way, far quicker than over the air.

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
Started it about 7 o clock on my 5 using the ota. What a mistake, it's still saying 3 hours remaining. FFS.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Wish I hadn't bothered downloading now!!

photo_zps84d50da3.gif

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
100MB connection, and downloading to the lap top is saying 4 hours to download only.

Just did a speed test, thinking maybe VM were being s**t, but download speed is 98MBPS.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Okay thanks. I've deleted some stuff and downloading the update through itunes right now. Froze on 37minutes remaining though!

I need to get my head around photo syncing, I've majorly c**ked up because a few months ago I added some photos from my laptop, laptop went bang, and i can't get the photos off the iphone (the photos which don't have a delete option on the phone). Only option I've discovered which i can't be bothered doing is emailing myself all the photos. Major flaw
I downloaded this to save my photos from my phone as I have 20gb worth and only have a standard iCloud account so I can't save them to the cloud.

Works brilliantly, also let's you upload photos too, and manage them. Ifs free for 50 photos, but a quick google search and the first link gave me a few more photos worth ;)

http://www.imobie.com/phototrans/

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Downloaded it on my 5S a couple of hours ago and been playing with it since, not done the iPad yet though.

Where the hell did Camera Roll & My Photo Stream go? :S

A few nice tweaks like the photo editing, time lapse, etc, but nothing has really wowed me TBH

ST
Downloaded it on my 5S a couple of hours ago and been playing with it since, not done the iPad yet though.

Where the hell did Camera Roll & My Photo Stream go? :S

A few nice tweaks like the photo editing, time lapse, etc, but nothing has really wowed me TBH

Same, not a fan of the new set up, at all.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Should of bought a bigger iphone, not enough space to install and using my macbook is gonna take hours apparently

ST
Should of bought a bigger iphone, not enough space to install and using my macbook is gonna take hours apparently

Had a 32gb since the 3GS days, could never go to any lower now, the 64gb 6 i have on order will be more than suffice.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Had a 32gb since the 3GS days, could never go to any lower now, the 64gb 6 i have on order will be more than suffice.

Bought a 16gb 5s thinking it would be more than big enough, turns out its not.

Next time i'm getting a bigger one

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
How does one install the update once its downloaded onto our iMac?

Usually download it through iTunes however doing it through the link on the first page makes it a Safari download.

Anyone? I've got the update file download into my Downloads folder, however when I connect my iPad it wants to download the update again through iTunes?

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Anyone? I've got the update file download into my Downloads folder, however when I connect my iPad it wants to download the update again through iTunes?

Discovered how. Hold ALT then click update then select update file.

Updating at last.

dk

911 GTS Cab
the health app has already been pulled due to a bug, they hope it to be fixed by the end of the month.

Lou

My work 5C only took 45mins from start to being complete and that was using a premier inn wifi connection to do it OTA!

ST
Bit of a PITA that 3G can't be turned off to save battery if you just want to leave mobile data on for iMessage and email.

340i
I left my iPad on over night to download... It was estimating 4hrs~ to download on a 10Mb line.

All done when I checked at 6am.

When you delete all your pictures and music to make room for iOS 8.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Nippy white cup
I installed mine last night at 8 ish and it was all done within 30mins or so. I like some of the new additions and my phone doesn't seem any slower than before the update...cetainly not anything like when iphone 4 was updated to iOS 7 anyway.

Leon Cupra 300
Other than this predictive keyboard I don't really notice any difference! I'm sure that I don't get as much as I could from these products.