ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

IOS 8

Is anyone playing with the iOS 8 beta on the iPad does anyone know if they fixed the bug where you can't view App Store reviews of app updates like you can on the iPhone

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG
Just installed the GM Version on my Air and 4s, doesn't seem vastly different tbh, interested to try out new keyboards when they're available though!

dk

911 GTS Cab
out tomorrow, can't decide whether to update or wait until friday and experience the new os with the new hardware.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
out tomorrow, can't decide whether to update or wait until friday and experience the new os with the new hardware.

Wait until Friday you homo.

Will feel like a newer phone then!!

I'm waiting.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
It won't download :/

Last year, IOS7 went straight on. f**k knows why this keeps failing

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
LOL @ needing 4.6GB free space to over the air update. On a 16GB phone with 13GB useable space, that's never happening.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
It gets worse. When I plug my phone into my Mac and check for software updates, it doesn't even say that IOS 8 is available.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Can't update as I need 4.6gb free on my iPhone, I have a 64 gb but it's only got 2 gb free, the download is only 1gb so I'm not sure why I need 4.6 gb.

anyway. Looks like I'll be waiting until the 6 on Friday now.

Lou

ClioSport Club Member
  182 & 595
Currently got it downloading on my work 5C to see what it's like!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Can't update as I need 4.6gb free on my iPhone, I have a 64 gb but it's only got 2 gb free, the download is only 1gb so I'm not sure why I need 4.6 gb.

anyway. Looks like I'll be waiting until the 6 on Friday now.

<3 Apple.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Trying for my iPad Air, but its saying atleast an hour to download (on an 110MB connection).

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
downloaded in less than 10 mins. currently installing onto my 5C

hasnt taken long at all to be fair

dk

911 GTS Cab
Why do i need 4.7gb ish of memory for the update to my 5c? Get bent
I believe it's to handle all the file changes the update needs and it's needs the swap space to do it as everything is being done over the phone. It will also be protecting itself against a failure so it can roll back if necessary. When doing it on a computer and iTunes it can do a lot of that processing using the computer and the backup is there, so it doesn't need the same space requirements.

So if you don't have enough space, just connect it to iTunes and it'll be fine.

Mines nearly done...whoop de doo.

I'm definitely getting a larger hd iPhone when I eventually upgrade - gets a bit tedious deleting stuff just to update it.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Finally got it sorted and installed. I'm loving it so far. Especially the new keyboard thingy

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
How does one install the update once its downloaded onto our iMac?

Usually download it through iTunes however doing it through the link on the first page makes it a Safari download.

AK

M240i
LOL @ needing 4.6GB free space to over the air update. On a 16GB phone with 13GB useable space, that's never happening.

It's an absolute farce. They went to OTA so people didn't require a computer to update. Now this?

I believe it's to handle all the file changes the update needs and it's needs the swap space to do it as everything is being done over the phone. It will also be protecting itself against a failure so it can roll back if necessary. When doing it on a computer and iTunes it can do a lot of that processing using the computer and the backup is there, so it doesn't need the same space requirements.

So if you don't have enough space, just connect it to iTunes and it'll be fine.

Okay thanks. I've deleted some stuff and downloading the update through itunes right now. Froze on 37minutes remaining though!

I need to get my head around photo syncing, I've majorly c**ked up because a few months ago I added some photos from my laptop, laptop went bang, and i can't get the photos off the iphone (the photos which don't have a delete option on the phone). Only option I've discovered which i can't be bothered doing is emailing myself all the photos. Major flaw