ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance!! Extremely Expensive!!

£600 last year for the 1.4 with all mods.
£900 this year for the 2.0 with all mods.

They wanted me to pay £1900 for renewal. f**k you b**ch!

Sorry if you've already said but who's the 2.0 insured with Will if you dont mind me asking?

197 or 182 they want £1450 for me atm, and i want it down to about 1000 before i consider an upgrade of my car...

Anyone got any tips to knock admiral/bell down on price over the phone?

Talk to them. Tell them you have a lower quote elsewhere, but don't want the hassle of changing insurers. Precisely what I've just done when the renewal came through.

Last year £760. This year (+1NCB and +1 years old) and the renewal was £798. Told them I wasn't happy and had a lower quote and they've brought it to £712. Still high, but all insurance has gone up this year. Probably thanks to the last few winters and the number of accidents inexperienced drivers are having/causing.

1600 quid is still a joke and your a mug to pay that. My first car was a 1.3 fiesta. No mods apart from an airfreshener, 650 quid with my old man on the policy, kept it for a year and a bit then got something quicker, Fiesta Zs then did the same ect ect. Thats how it should be done, gradually work your way up the ladder. Not try and jump in half way with a super duper Lambo clio, thats worth f**k all and looks s**t. And then piss and moan about insurance costs.

You're right with the first part, but wrong with the second. My Clio was over £1k to insure when I first bought it. Standard for a few years. I don't think everyone is a mug for having to pay the prices insurance companies demand from young drivers, do you?

Not a 320d
I am older and wiser than you.

Just trust me when I say that you will regret spending stupid amounts on insurance. Come 3/4 years time when you look back, you will think ''What a bellend I really was''.

Hence why I didnt get a 197 Dan!

Megane 225 F1
Anyone got any tips to knock admiral/bell down on price over the phone?

I got them to match their own quote :eek: and then after that asked if he would round it down as this was my 3rd year insuring with them. He did so and took it down £23 :)

Sorry if you've already said but who's the 2.0 insured with Will if you dont mind me asking?

197 or 182 they want £1450 for me atm, and i want it down to about 1000 before i consider an upgrade of my car...

That was with admiral. Driving for 4 years now, 2 years no claims, decent postcode.

Admiral are gonna be the cheapest for me this year :) gonna drop by 1700 if a wait a month till im 21 then insure it, 1 year driving 1 year ncb

1600 quid is still a joke and your a mug to pay that. My first car was a 1.3 fiesta. No mods apart from an airfreshener, 650 quid with my old man on the policy, kept it for a year and a bit then got something quicker, Fiesta Zs then did the same ect ect. Thats how it should be done, gradually work your way up the ladder. Not try and jump in half way with a super duper Lambo clio, thats worth f**k all and looks s**t. And then piss and moan about insurance costs.
That was the cheapest quote on any car in my area. You live in a different area, so you get it cheaper.

260% JCW
You're right with the first part, but wrong with the second. My Clio was over £1k to insure when I first bought it. Standard for a few years. I don't think everyone is a mug for having to pay the prices insurance companies demand from young drivers, do you?

Was the Clio a shitter though or new? My Fezzer was cheap and cheerful but i knew it was just a way to build up some no claims, and lead on to better things.

I'm not going to start my own thread as there are already fifty-million threads on insurance prices...

My cover with Direct Line is due to expire at the end of the month. Last year I paid £646.80 fully comp. This year, they want £807.72 for the same thing. Meh.
Got a letter from The AA this morning, with a quote for next years cover (except the actual quote bit) - I think I must've got a quote from them last year when looking around. Checked on the AA site, and they want £1593.87.
Just tried Admiral - £1049.85.

Fakky nell.

No mods
Four years no claims
25 years old - driving four years

I like how according to The AA my bogstandard mk2 Ph1 's' is actually a 172. Might be why they're quoting me unhappy.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
bloomin hell. for a 1.2 before year 2000 is abit O.T.T for £4000 of your hard earn cash. mine was £4000 dead on for a 2002 1.4 16v with plenty of mods until the lads on here help me out. best advice i can give is try third party, fire and theft, thats a bit cheaper.( altho if you write your car off they wont pay out) or do what id did to bring mine down abit, install a bit more security.

insurance usually works on the principles of the age of the driver, location, value of car when bog standard, security, and some others icant remember.