ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance!! Extremely Expensive!!

172 Flamer, BMW E46
Right, ive got a mk1 1.2 clio, quite a few mods done (look at my threads) and basically ive been looking for some insurance, im going to be doing my test in april so will be the first car ive insured , has anyone got any tips on bringing the price down or any good websites??

all the quotes ive got so far are over 4000!! and that cant be right for a 1.2!!

Cheerss :)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Right down a list of every insurance company you can think of, get a quote off each one, go with the cheapest.

Modded first car without passing your test = bend over.

Usual routes to take would be modded insurers, but I know some have age restrictions.

Flux, greenlight etc. have a search.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Things like the cage will have most of them adding a zero to the wrong end of your quote.

Get a standard car to rock about in / crash for your first year or three. You won't find cheap insurance the way you're going chap :boring:

172 Flamer, BMW E46
it started as a project and just ended up as it is now, im not to bothered paying 4k, its not the money thats the issue i was just wondering if i was doing anything wrong as i thought that was a bit pricey...

172 Flamer, BMW E46
its not really to much difference, like 500 quid or something like that, think just cuz of the type of car it is..

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
£4000 to insure a £400 clio! FLOL!!!!!

You lot are fcuking mental.

IMAG0124.jpg

IMAG0121.jpg

IMAG0002.jpg

IMG_0628.jpg

£4k to insure this?

Personally, I'd buy something standard for a few years first. To the insurers, It's got payout written all over it.

172 Flamer, BMW E46
soo, its my own? and ive built it not bought it and its how i want it, id rather pay to drive that than a standard heap...?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
soo, its my own? and ive built it not bought it and its how i want it, id rather pay to drive that than a standard heap...?

I am older and wiser than you.

Just trust me when I say that you will regret spending stupid amounts on insurance. Come 3/4 years time when you look back, you will think ''What a bellend I really was''.

In no way am I denying it's your own. From an insurer's point of few though, it's a 17yr old first time driver in a modified car. If you can afford £4k to insure it, go ahead but I doubt you will get it cheaper legitimately.

Online quote ? Im sure if you ring them you get a better quote and it would be cheaper when you have a license (do you have a license, cba to go back 1 page)

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Online quote ? Im sure if you ring them you get a better quote

ding ding ding

fiver bets this is your problem!

I have mates who pay more to insure online just because they dont like ringing places up, f**king tards

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
£4000, £4000!!!!

Don't do it.

I say do it, just so I can be proved right in 2 years time. When you look back and think, fcuk me I could have bought a secondhand porsche Boxster S with the money i've just spent on insuring a 1.1 clio for two years...

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
lets be honest, fronting for the first couple of years saves more money than the bonus is worth :eek:

Last edited:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I don't understand whats wrong with driving a shitter for the first 12 months just to get 1 yrs ncb??

Fiat Cinqucento, gp 2 ins, Done.

Then when you've got 1yrs ncb, sell the s**t and put the clio on the road.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I've been their and done it. I've spent a fortune on insurance and I regret it!

I had a £1100 orion 1600i that I bought as an 18th birthday present for myself and spent £2300 insuring it. Prick.

Especially seeing as I wrote it off.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I don't understand whats wrong with driving a shitter for the first 12 months just to get 1 yrs ncb??

Fiat Cinqucento, gp 2 ins, Done.

Then when you've got 1yrs ncb, sell the s**t and put the clio on the road.

Totally agree, even tho saying this my first car was a 1.0 fiesta and cost me 1.2k :/