ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stopping Condensation

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Now I’ve got my Z3 water tight the insides are still getting damp and have to keep wiping the mold off the seats (I need to disinfect them to kill it and re-treat the leather). It needs a good few days of not being cold and raining to get the roof off and let it air.

I’ve got, what I thought, was a good condensation catcher box as I’ve used it before in another car in the past and it used to need to be emptied a fair few times. But it just isn’t cutting it in the Z3. Ive placed it on the centre console so it’s got good “access” and not shoved in the foot well. I’ve had it running for about 30mins with the heaters in max and heated seats on to dry it out in there.

Any other suggestions?

It’s only really affecting the Z3 as the Clio and E34 are nice and dry inside.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Kitty litter.
Home bargains also (used) to sell a big bag of desiccant stuff.

The 3M condensation catcher thingy was always good IMO.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Probably leftover moisture, don't think you can do much about it except wait till the weather gets better. Or drive it more and get the heater/ac running to dry the interior out after deep cleaning all surfaces.

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Probably leftover moisture, don't think you can do much about it except wait till the weather gets better. Or drive it more and get the heater/ac running to dry the interior out after deep cleaning all surfaces.
This is what I’m thinking and not much I can do in the mean time, just to try and make it better that was all. I’m thinking of taxing it next month and getting it out, will be my main car when my E60 sells.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
I had the same after my 350z developed a leak, was damp inside for months because it was winter and I didn't drive it enough. Should sort itself once you start taking it out more.

I had to scrape the ice of the inside of the windows more than once 😂

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Takes months to fully dry out after a water leak, especially in winter, but a long drive with the roof up, heat on fill blast in the footwells and aircon on to dehumidify will help speed things up.

Then use some of those reusable in car dehumidifiers.