ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How many have gone back to standard exhaust?????

Clio 182 FF
Well its been a few years but im back with a 182 now, its got full stainless from cat back (unsure of make) i cant help thinking though i want a standard exhaust back on it!! god i must be really getting old now.....

any body else gone back to the original systems????

Clio 182 FF
so a miltek is bad to for the noise???? i have dynomat in my boot, doesnt make a s**t of difference lol.

Any body want to swap a standard exhaust hahahaha

renault clio 182
Just turn up the radio if sounds too loud on a motorway the standard ones just rot and fall too pieces very quickly and stainless ones are normally cheaper in last longer just IMO tho

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Wish someone made a silent aftermarket exhaust when I had mine.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Just turn up the radio if sounds too loud on a motorway the standard ones just rot and fall too pieces very quickly and stainless ones are normally cheaper in last longer just IMO tho

Make a loud noise go by making a louder noise, I like it.

renault clio 182
Sure its a cat back? but id Suspect yozza or ktr? Mines drones on motorway but not bad or doesn't bother me anyway I've got scorpion system I just turn up the tunes n can't hear it atall then

Clio 182 FF
might just get local custom exhaust place to put another centre box in it. its defo a cat back, i have a yozzade cat coming because the flange is corroded badly on the original cat.

Passat
I have the KTec stealth on my 172 that is maybe a tiny fraction louder than standard. They do a version for the 182 don't they? Just don't get the SuperSport.

172 Cup
Went back to standard. Did miss the absolute racket it made though :) Think my mate missed having it as his alarm clock when I used to drive back from the gf's it would wake him up as I got into the village.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Put your car next to a 182 with standard exhaust. The difference is unbelievable. ..the 2 pipes on standard look pathetic. Just get decent exhaust place to customise the sound more to your liking.

derv biege barge
I got an rs192 only slightly louder than standard. Well worth it old one was rotting to bits.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
I have the janspeed cat back from k-tec.

I choose the silent centre section to.

Its fine when driving, but if anyone is in the back they always say the drone is horrible!

I was going to put some installation In the boot and under the rear seats to see if that helped!

Cup In bits
Standard was pretty loud on both of my Cups tbh too, they both had pattern exhausts on, unsure if the o.e.m is much quieter. Clio and noise go hand in hand afaic.

106GTI / NovaC20LET
might just get local custom exhaust place to put another centre box in it. its defo a cat back, i have a yozzade cat coming because the flange is corroded badly on the original cat.

Your complaining about the noise but your putting a decat on? Good luck with that lol

Clio 172 RS2
BTB Stealth any day... not really louder then standard just a deeper tone.
No droning on long distance highway trips.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I have many times on the MK2 RS, most exhaust ruin the car imo, noisy and boomy all at the wrong rpm

Standard with decat is how i rocked my 172 cup and 182.

FF Racing Blue 182
They don't make any noise outside ! Done two track days in our 182 with RS192 on - ~86dB noise test and when going past on track, it literally made no noise at all haha !

i had the misses drive up and down the street and it was fine just seems loud or louder when giving it some to overtake....feel like a chav

i dont have the 192 but its a scorpion had it checked and was in good conditon

BG 182
My previous 2 clios had standard exhausts, but my current 182 had a Yozza and that was way to loud for me.

I swapped it for a Janspeed cat back with silencer and its basically like standard now, unless you floor it then you can hear it a little.
But there is no drone at all when driving around.

It looks way better aswell, compared to the standard pea shooters.

Clio 182 arctic
I have had the RS192 for a couple of years now, I think I may be going soft now as it is beginning to seem louder and a bit drony to me now.
I think the absolute truth is nothing is as quiet as the standard.

RB 182 Cup
Mine RS192 has got louder with age, soundproofing degrading? Not a great difference, but definitely slightly louder

Arctic 182
How loud would you say the Piper system is compared to the standard exhaust, and does this drone on motorways. I'm thinking of getting one soon.