ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how 2 make my clio 1.2 16v faster?

L

lukekbrown

I think my Dynamique slacks a bit, i know its only a 1.2 but thats all i can afford at the moment.
I've got a powertec induction kit and a scorpion back box at the moment. I think my induction kit is too big (it takes up most of my engine) I reckon its for a 2 litre, I don't know if that makes it slack?

Does anyone know what mods i could do to make it a bit nippier?

1 Series Coupe
2.0l engine conversion? :)

Nah seriously - save your money for a 172 mate. Will be better in the long run! Thats what i'm doing!

there are sooo many threads on this topic!

you are very limited to what you can do to make a 1.2 faster, spend the money on upgrading the suspension maybe?

L

lukekbrown

Ive got spax springs on the rear but didn't think that made any adjustment to the speed just the handling?

L

lukekbrown

2.0l engine conversion? :)

Nah seriously - save your money for a 172 mate. Will be better in the long run! Thats what i'm doing!

Yeh i wantd to put a 2 litre engine in it but 2 much money. I'm thinking of saving up for a 172 or 182 but insurance is gunna be mega money :dapprove:

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
if you want your car to be able to go faster, work on the brakes and suspension... unless you intend on drag racing for slips.

wizards of nos!?

Strip it, and if you've got silly big wheels on there get your 15s back on. Or buy mine cos its rapid!

L

lukekbrown

Strip it, and if you've got silly big wheels on there get your 15s back on. Or buy mine cos its rapid!

I've got 17s on, but there probs as light as the standard 15s! But not 2 sure.

Mk2 ph1 clio

It's not the weight that affects the speed, IIRC its the diameter. Also the tyre profile affects the speedo but a small ammount.

Suspension, you have lowered springs on the back? what about the front?

As for tuning 1.2 16v your options are slim, air filter, good SS exhaust system not just a backbox. That does sweet FA tbh.

Listen to what people have said.. Save up for a 172 or the engine conversion at least.

Clio MK2 (1.2)
lower it more " Aerodynamics" lol, put a de-cat on ther, reduce the weight of the car, keep 15's on there,

get a re-map!
just cos its a small engine people think we shouldnt bother trying to make it the best it can be.

k-tec are nearly finished or have finished a new re-map for the 1.2.
give them a bell, would be interested myself so keep us updated, pleeeese.

also heard decating a 1.2 makes it run erattic dont know if that only the 1.2 16v mk2 ph2 or not though.
then loads of farting about when mot time comes.

its still fun whipping the little chavs in their saxos!
and without the slower cars like ours there wouldnt be the fast cars like yours! so be grateful, lol.:)

I'm sure it is... :p

Its quick for a 1.2 16v anyway, there are some slow ones out there, pisses all over my mates 04 extreme, I think the fact that it has done nearly 60k is the reason.
Its in the for sale section.

Thats the problem, put your standard wheels back on and Im 100% it will feel alot quicker. The 17s have a much bigger rolling radius, i ve tried mine on 16s and it was much slower than the 15s with 50 profile tyres.

clio mk2 1.2 75hp
Well, you need to do N/A project. If we are talking about engine performance, then there is only one option how to get more WHP and stay away of increased insurance. if you have any ideas hot to increase combustion chamber size. something like shorter connecting roads and smaller pistons or some people use thicker head gasket, Or wider bore. But then we need more fuel and air to get in. So we need bigger injectors and maybe bigger common rail with higher pressure, and more powerful fuel primary pomp. but in that case u need get more air for that, so still u got to report for your insurance company about inlet manifold and exhaust modifications... that doesn't increase prise a lot. By the way you will need to remap ECU.
what I'am trying to say is that if all modes are in side of the engine, they can't do anything about that, until you didn't had really bad accident.
sorry about grammar. If I'm wrong, don't punch me badly :)
Regards,
EvilPanda

White Sti Hatch
This is 6 years old mate don't think the original poster cares no more nor drives the same car !

Audi A5
Well, you need to do N/A project. If we are talking about engine performance, then there is only one option how to get more WHP and stay away of increased insurance. if you have any ideas hot to increase combustion chamber size. something like shorter connecting roads and smaller pistons or some people use thicker head gasket, Or wider bore. But then we need more fuel and air to get in. So we need bigger injectors and maybe bigger common rail with higher pressure, and more powerful fuel primary pomp. but in that case u need get more air for that, so still u got to report for your insurance company about inlet manifold and exhaust modifications... that doesn't increase prise a lot. By the way you will need to remap ECU.
what I'am trying to say is that if all modes are in side of the engine, they can't do anything about that, until you didn't had really bad accident.
sorry about grammar. If I'm wrong, don't punch me badly :)
Regards,
EvilPanda

Fail of the year maybe.