ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

God save the.......Mini?

I've had a classic Mini too. These things are just cack compared, have you seen the 'Countryman'?!

why are they not mini's ?

suppose Jag's are not Jags now the indians own them ? i mean the new XKR is nothing like a classic e type , is it bad ... err no its good ,its called progress .
The new mini is still built where it always was close enough , its just ownership and design has changed .

the new renault alpin is nothing like the one that they first produced 50 years ago ....

It has a mini badge , the original logo , the concept is the same and it hits the spot .

It really winds me up , next time you go on holiday and fly on a nice plane that gets you where you want to be , just wish that you were in something the wright bros built , with a few seats ,no cover , and not really able to make it very far ........

its called Progress !!

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
It's not the same concept.. The mini was built to be just that.. Mini. The new one is anything but mini

'Mia' Rover Mini 35
Okay fella's calm down. Its a small hatchback your having an argument about. I was more impressed with the horns.

It's not the same concept.. The mini was built to be just that.. Mini. The new one is anything but mini

and the golf is the same size as a Mk1 golf , and the clio is the same as a Mk1 , and a VW polo is the same size and the fiat 500 ...etc etc etc etc , they are all the same concept unfortunately we care about people and there safety and to build cars that conform to current safety standards they end up being bigger .

Its the same concept , the same design ethos , the constraints change . Drive a JCW car or a MIni GP and then tell me its not got cooper S blood running through its veins , its just progress and safety that makes things bigger .

bmw 3 series ...... look at an e30 parked next to e92 .......

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
I like both the BL Mini, Austin Mini, Rover Mini and the BMW Mini. If Rover had bosses that knew wtf they were doing, Mini may not even be around today.

Roadster and Cabriolet are too OK in my books. As was the Mini Era and convertible.