ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fuse for the OEM head unit?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Guys,

Any idea which fuse would be responsible for the head unit on a 182? Just want to check the obvious things first as to why mine's not working.

Cheers,
D.

Vauxhall Frontera
Hi

If you open the passenger door there is a fuse panel adjacent to the dashboard. If you remove that small panel there is a fuse symboled layout. off the top of my head it is a musical note! have you no power at all..... what is your exact fault?

Si

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers Simon,

The head unit simply does nothing. It has no orange backlit lights to it and the On/Off button does nothing either. I've ejected the unit, disconnected the connections at the back and reconnected them. Exactly the same. :(

I don't know if the unit itself is fecked, or if it's something as simple as a fuse.

D.

Vauxhall Frontera
The best advice I can give is initially check the fuse. I don't know if you have a volt meter/multi meter and if the fuse hasn't blown it may well be checking if the unit is receiving power from the altenator power and the battery (turn the key to the first position). Ive just broken down my oem hu and can't find any other obvious fuses.

let me know if youre still having problems and i will have hunt!

Si

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks Si. I'll wait for a break in the bloody rain here, before I go and check on the fuses!

I haven't got a multi-meter unfortunately and know jack all about electrics. :(

D.

Golf GTD Mk7
You should have a few spare fuses on the panel Daz. Can't remember which fuse it would be, but it might say in the hand book

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Checked the fuse guys - I found the corresponding 15amp one in the panel and swapped it with the spare. Still no joy. :( The original 15amp fuse still looked fine too - no clean break in the connector or anything.

I don't know whether to invest in a multi-meter first, or to just try and borrow a replacement head-unit and see if that works?

D.

Jap Box
get a multimeter 15/20£ and you'll find loads of other uses for it aswell

We sell a multimeter at poundland, actually does its job too, cant complain for a pound either :rasp: best option rather than forking out the £20 odd

Vauxhall Frontera
Hi Steven

In my industry we use "Fluke" multi meters - bloody expensive but I think I paid a fiver for mine from B&Q. All I can say Kerry is I wish I'd known I could have gotten one for a squid! Anyway back to topic, have you mananged to remove the unit to check the connectors at the back? Just a random and I've not had this sympton on a Renault but does the stereo work with the key turned to the first click or is it completely dead?

Si

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Hi Steven

In my industry we use "Fluke" multi meters - bloody expensive but I think I paid a fiver for mine from B&Q. All I can say Kerry is I wish I'd known I could have gotten one for a squid! Anyway back to topic, have you mananged to remove the unit to check the connectors at the back? Just a random and I've not had this sympton on a Renault but does the stereo work with the key turned to the first click or is it completely dead?

Si

I'll eject the unit again in the next day or two and double-check those connectors. As it stands, the unit just doesn't do anything. No backlit numbers, no function on/off or anything....

IMG_0390.jpg

D.