ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheapest bluetooth solution for standard head unit?

Renaultsport Clio 172
Any recommendations? Want to keep oem head unit and want to avoid fm transmitters.

Lots of adaptors on amazon but do they actually work?!

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
If it's a tuner list a Connects2 CTVRNX001 can add aux via the cd changer plug if that helps at all. They seem ridiculously expensive though.

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
That would be aux in only though wouldn;t it, rather than bluetooth?
Yeah aux, not heard of any off the shelf Bluetooth solutions for the standard head unit personally. Could then look at an aux to Bluetooth adapter though if you could get power for it somewhere subtly.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
I bought a aux in adaptor years ago for the MK2 from there I bought a Bluetooth to Aux adaptor and then had Bluetooth audio only for music streaming

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
What you need is a denison kit.

It plugs into the back of the OE headunit in the CD changer port. It has built in bluetooth so you can stream music through it and still use the stalk control as per normal, changing tracks, volume, etc.

I had one in my RB and worked great. Only downfall is the track listing on the screen isn't the same, think it say 1 of 99 or something like that, but it's easily dismissed.

Ph1 172
I have had no issues
But i wanted to stick with the OEM look and keep the standard head unit.
I bought this

Naively thinking it would just slot straight in but it must be for a later 172. There are 6 points on the connector but the one that you take out for the CD changer has 8 in a different configuration.

That tape option looks like it could be a good alternative, although seems too easy! Nothing is on these ever! Ha!

Attachments

• 2BE41905-3DC4-48BD-A787-952E7F702879.png
    2BE41905-3DC4-48BD-A787-952E7F702879.png
    5.8 MB · Views: 13
  • E5E73796-4FC8-4880-BD6B-454DBE23DC47.jpeg
    E5E73796-4FC8-4880-BD6B-454DBE23DC47.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 13