ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fallout 4

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Just finished the Kellogg mission & found a fatman finally.

Was quite 'drunk' whilst playing so died about 43 times trying to get him. In the end just didnt bother negotiating with him and just mini nuked him to the chest.

Got his pistol - any good?

I gave his pistol to Nick Valentine as I was sick of him using his sh*tty gun. I've modded it now (Kellogg's gun) and it's very good.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I'm really not feeling this game.
I've played for a few hours now. Searched every house I've come across so far. Had to store loads of s**t that I'd picked up in random lockups.
I've got the first power armour at the museum and met up with the people there. Killed a deathclaw, broke my armour, repaired it at the rocket place and turned it off.

Might persevere with it a bit more but I'm not keen so far.

Cayman S Edition 1
I'm really not feeling this game.
I've played for a few hours now. Searched every house I've come across so far. Had to store loads of s**t that I'd picked up in random lockups.
I've got the first power armour at the museum and met up with the people there. Killed a deathclaw, broke my armour, repaired it at the rocket place and turned it off.

Might persevere with it a bit more but I'm not keen so far.
Give it time mate. Its a little slow to start with, but really starts to get interesting after 10-15 hours.

Listerine & Poledo
Its not an instant-gratification game.

If you want to be able to switch on, play for 20 minutes and achieve something, you're in the wrong place really 😧

After about 30hrs I've achieved nothing, but I knew that would be the case long before I bought it.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I'm no stranger to RPGs, just can't seem to gel with this.
Same.
I bought it on a whim when it was £30 but if I'm going to pump hours into it, then I want something back sooner than 30 odd hours I think.

It's not just that though.
I find the controls really clunky. The sub menu upon sub menu on the pip boy is annoying. Maybe it's because I've not bothered with the previous FO games that I'm struggling with this one. And I don't think it's that good graphically either. Certainly not next gen graphics anyway.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I can see your point tbh. I really want(ed) to get into this game, particularly because I own FO3 and NV, but so far have failed to get into all three. I can appreciate that they're amazing games, but for some reason they don't gel with me...

Cayman S Edition 1
Roughly 115 hours in (level 70) and my local save file is corrupt.

I've followed the online instructions to delete the save file so that it downloads the cloud version, but nothing has appeared yet.

There maybe tears later.

Seat Leon Cupra 290
Roughly 115 hours in (level 70) and my local save file is corrupt.

I've followed the online instructions to delete the save file so that it downloads the cloud version, but nothing has appeared yet.

There maybe tears later.

I remember the old ones i made new saves all the time. Im sure this helps you little.

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
I'm not sure I could bring myself to start again if I was that far in. I'd struggle now even and I'm only 30 odd hours in.

Cayman S Edition 1
Its currently syncing, but god knows what the outcome will be;)

When I deleted the local save file, it was just over 1GB.

SQ5
I find it strange people can't get into it.

I've never played an RPG before, closest was COD MW2, but I've managed to really get into this.

Just hit level 20 and taken over the castle!

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I find it strange people can't get into it.

I've never played an RPG before, closest was COD MW2, but I've managed to really get into this.

Just hit level 20 and taken over the castle!
For me I think if I spent more time on it, I may well grow to love it. However, I haven't given that time that I need yet, to be fair.

Cayman S Edition 1
Looks like I've lost the lot. It re-syncs for an hour or so but doesn't give me the option to load my previous game, just start a new one.

No words.......

Listerine & Poledo
ooft.

Well, on a box-fresh playthrough I know what I wouldn't bother with next time around.
Primarily, Animal freind, seems the single most pointless perk in the game. Never works, and needs you to actually mark the animals. Rubbish

Cayman S Edition 1
Yeah I think I'll probably be a little more efficient second time round, now that I know what I'm doing.

Just off to cry in the corner;)

Listerine & Poledo
I shouldn't have scrapped so many building panels.
If I hadn't, I'd have had enough to put a roof on my grand designs at Sunlight Drive In.
Now I have to find new settlements, supply line them, and then scrap the whole place to death just for the wood

Cayman S Edition 1
I shouldn't have scrapped so many building panels.
If I hadn't, I'd have had enough to put a roof on my grand designs at Sunlight Drive In.
Now I have to find new settlements, supply line them, and then scrap the whole place to death just for the wood
Set up lots of water pumps to earn you purified water. in your workshop. Then you can sell that for materials.

Listerine & Poledo
hmmmmm, interesting.

I've just got dozens of people on the consta-scav around the socket, Sanctuary and The Fens, not sure if they generate much mind.
THing is, all the water I get, I need at the moment, until I can build up another MEGAPUMP at sanctuary

Listerine & Poledo
This trading thing do i set up a desk with a settler attached to it or do i need to stock the desk?
it'll stock itself, the quality and amount depends on how much you spend on buying the stall

You'll also need Local Leader lvl.2

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
I'm still loving this game but I'm struggling for steel now. Is there a way to manufacture it? Or is it just a case of I need to scavenge?