ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F1 quick rule change vid

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
havent seen it before. Good find though.

Think I might actually watch it this year. Last year I didnt find it that great and only watched the odd grand prix

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
I can't believe no one has started a thread about the rb5 yet. It looks fast.

Really good vid!
Should be an awesome season, as long as the FIA stop licking Ferraris ass!

It should be good watching the first race, with no idea of who will come out on top!

Nice vid, was waiting for something like that to catch up with the rules changes at the beginning of the season!

Are not all the teams incorporating the KERS then?

PH1 iceburg
Not to start with some teams are worried about the kinetic energy building up and blowing the car and driver to smithereens

quite sad i knew all that before watching the video. i cannot wait for the season... RB5 looks brilliant, great animation too

superbenji88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i
+1
Is it me or do the darker coloured cars look better than the others this season?
RB5, and F60 both look like crackers. As did the FW31 in test livery.
williamsfw31_2009f1car-21-470x313.jpg

Test Livery

Love the small details on the RB5
redbullrb5_2009f1car-21-470x302.jpg

redbullrb5_2009f1car-470x312.jpg

redbullrb5_2009f1car-18-470x319.jpg

redbullrb5_2009f1car-32.jpg

Shame it only managed 14 laps before the gearbox oil overheated. Perhaps due to the small side pods?

Also no pictures of the diffuser as its supposed to be super dooper

B

Brown.

Boost buttons!!!.... looks and sounds like it would be worth watching ( non F1 Fan here ;) )

172//Crap Micra//Bus
Awesome little video, good explanation and great effects. Good find man... Roll on March 28th

Will be interesting to see what complaints there are with regards to the various ideas/components used on the cars, iirc all are technically within the regulations, but there have been some very interesting ways of 'bending' them...like increasing the area of the diffuser by incorporating bodywork into it, and not to mention those insane mirror stalks.

With everyone starting from a clean piece of paper I imagine there will be some toys thrown out of prams when teams didn't think of something that others have, for example, what the hell is that thing hanging under the nose cone of the RB5.

172cup
as said, i may watch it this year. Haven't watched it in years.... it actually gave me narcolepsy every single race... it was Uber boring.

This looks like they've thrown so many variables in there, that its never going to be as straight a race as previous (my perception anyway)

superbenji88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i
Will be interesting to see what complaints there are with regards to the various ideas/components used on the cars, iirc all are technically within the regulations, but there have been some very interesting ways of 'bending' them...like increasing the area of the diffuser by incorporating bodywork into it, and not to mention those insane mirror stalks.

With everyone starting from a clean piece of paper I imagine there will be some toys thrown out of prams when teams didn't think of something that others have, for example, what the hell is that thing hanging under the nose cone of the RB5.

Yeah i think lots of teams will push the new rules to the limit and maybe a bit more.

That under the RB5 is just a weight. Its just there to keep the cars center of gravity low

172//Crap Micra//Bus
I think KERS will be immense to watch... but I doubt many teams will release it for quite a while. I don't think that there is a massive advantage to it yet, the amount of time you would gain (in "boost") may only make up the difference in lap times from the added weight that comes with them. Then again, maybe some of the back runners will run for that very reason?! But hey, i'm no expert. I guess it'll all become clear after Oz

superbenji88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i
I think KERS will be immense to watch... but I doubt many teams will release it for quite a while. I don't think that there is a massive advantage to it yet, the amount of time you would gain (in "boost") may only make up the difference in lap times from the added weight that comes with them. Then again, maybe some of the back runners will run for that very reason?! But hey, i'm no expert. I guess it'll all become clear after Oz

The cars have to weigh 605kg minimum. KERS wont increase the weight of the car it just gives them less play with the weigh distribution :)

superbenji88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i
The FIA want it to work like a push to pass. Champ cars used to have a Push to pass button where the driver could press a button and they would get a burst of power.

If I remember correctly, the KERS 'boost' is artificially limited to 80bhp at the moment. I assume it would have no effect flat out either, as there is a rev limit in place.

I think a lot of people are expecting a real obvious 'boost' where the car surges forward for a couple of seconds, but in reality we won't actually see it happening. Hopefully though, with the massive aero changes to remove the dirty air from behind the cars, it should contribute enough to make overtake moves far more viable.

Just a shame so many of the identikit tracks will put a massive dent in any potential increase in overtaking. I think it's safe to say that Valencia will always be dull from a purely racing perspective, and you can add Hungary and Shangai firmly into the 'bore-fest' category as well. There are at least 5 GPs that are only going to be remotely exciting if a major incident (or interesting weather) occurs.

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
I think a lot of people are expecting a real obvious 'boost' where the car surges forward for a couple of seconds, but in reality we won't actually see it happening. Hopefully though, with the massive aero changes to remove the dirty air from behind the cars, it should contribute enough to make overtake moves far more viable.
I think it would be used more for say coming out the last corner and hitting it to get more of a boost in acceleration to get passed some one/ Like you say it wont change the top end.

superbenji88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i
well the cars never really hit max revs in top gear in case they catch a slipstream so i wonder if the teams will do something similar?