ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F1 2012

Goliath I
I hate it when you get a drive through penalty and you go into the pits and they change your f**king tyres!

Nothing at the mo :(
this is still riddled with bugs.. but in old codemasters fashion they dont fix and move on

Grid 2 is out end of the month.. they didnt even fix major bugs in Grid 1. one being a achievement glitch!!

Just had a GP at Malaysia with Mercedes. It was damp setting off and I made it from 10th to 1st at the first corner. I half limped around for the rest of the lap due to it being wet and on option tyres, everyone pitted at the end of the lap for intermediate tyres. It didn't get any wetter so I stayed out, everyone pitted again at the end of the second lap for options so I was in first and about 50 seconds ahead of 2nd! I cruised round, pitted when planned and thought everyones tyres would have been shot near the end but Massa was reeling me in at 3/4 seconds a lap. I won the race but only 3 seconds in front of Massa.

Goliath I
I have a 2 lap rule.

​If I bin it or get a penalty in the first 2 laps I reset, after lap 2 I take it like a man...

This. The first 2 laps and final lap are when the AI is at its most stupid.

Although I started 8th in a wet race in Spain the other day, rear ended and lost my front wing. Stuck it out, pitted and stuck on inters (everyone started on Options) Everyone stayed out while I flew along, they all pitted and I cruised to Victory!

RS Clio 182
Just got my third 2nd place in a row at Bahrain in Season 4 - was Hamilton's 3rd win in a row so it looks like hes running away with it. Massa cant even qualify in the top 17 now. Sauber look really strong - Kobayashi & Perez are qualifying in the top 5 every race,and Glock has 26 points already in the Marussia haha!

Vettell,who won the first 2 seasons,has 1 point so far after 4 races!!

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
I've started playing this on my Mac - I can't help to think the graphics are so much better on the Mac compared to the Xbox!

RS Clio 182
Got a hard earned 7th place at Catalunya,which i always find tough. Then i retired at Monaco,i piled into the wall before the finish straight! I was heading for a good top 10 finish aswell. But i got a win at the next race in Canada - always do well there,its quite a simple fast track. Ive moved into 2nd in the championship,with my TM Schumacher behind. The only teams id go to now would be Red Bull or McClaren if they offered - but our Mercedes team is top of the constructors atm!

Goliath I
I f**king hate Monaco... Aaargh!

That bloody hairpin which unless you get absolutely perfect you get a warning. The bend by the swimming which will have the back end flip out unless you slow right down...

After a Red Flag, penalty,another penalty which when I went straight in to take it they changed my f**king wing!

I just ploughed it straight into the wall in a rage! lol

Golf R/Leon FR
Monaco is my worst track. As said before there is no grip on the track around the swimming pool. No matter what I try I spin!! Yet the AI can fly around there no problem.

RS Clio 182
Im trying to finish the career before Grid 2 comes out hehe.

Half way through season 4 - the only offer i got was to go BACK to Sauber where i just came from - they are pretty much the 3rd best team now after McLaren & my Mercedes team - i think i'l stick with Mercedes and hope for an offer from McLaren for the last season. Although Sauber are on the march! Kobayashi & Perez are 4th & 6th. Red Bull are nowhere in this season.

Goliath I
Currently on my 4th season in Ferrari. There has been around 4 points difference in the last few races with me and Hamilton trading first and second in the Championship... I'd probably be a few points up had I not raged the car into the wall at Monaco! lol

How many seasons are there again?

RS Clio 182
Currently on my 4th season in Ferrari. There has been around 4 points difference in the last few races with me and Hamilton trading first and second in the Championship... I'd probably be a few points up had I not raged the car into the wall at Monaco! lol

How many seasons are there again?

5 seasons.

Ive just selected Button as my rival before Monza,so hope to beat him and get an offer from McClaren at the end of the 4th season. Hamilton has run away with the title again - im battling my TM Schumacher & Kobayashi for 2nd!

Although im tempted to switch back to Sauber...would put them well clear in 2nd in the constructors hehe.

Goliath I
I was 4 points off the Constructors last season which I only lost because my team mate Rosberg binned it on the the last lap! I had even let through as he was behind me and did want to do anything computer-ish lol

Hamilton seems the main man in the Career with me, always been in the top 3.

RS Clio 182
Has anyone noticed when you pick a rival, the AI of that driver dramatically improves? I chose Button - he was getting 5th/6ths before - now hes won a couple and constantly in the top 3! With 3 races left,im 3-2 down to him so need to beat him at yas marina...just had offers from RB & Ferrari for the final season but really hoping for an offer from McLaren if i beat Button! Im 2nd in the championship - with Hamilton about 30 pts ahead and Schumacher & Button only 5 behind me! Really loving this 4th season,very close!

Yes I found that as well. I am in the last season with Mercedes and half way through I got an offer to drive for Red Bull so went to them. I then picked Rosberg as the rival, 4th in Championship, now he has had two poles and two wins in a row. He is now 19 points behind me in the championship with 5 races left.

RS Clio 182
Just had the perfect race at Abu Dabi....was in 2nd when Hamilton span in front of me on the first corner and retired! I went onto win the race,teammate Schumacher in 2nd - and i levelled it up with my rival Button at 3-3.

So with 2 races left - im only 4 points behind leader Hamilton - and we are beating McLaren by 4 points in the constructors!! USA & Brazil i normally do well at aswell.. :p

Edit : and i just got the offer from McLaren for the final season!! (even though im 3-3 with rival button?!) :D

RS Clio 182
Went into the last Brazil GP with a 9 point lead in the championship....came 4th and won the title!! Hamilton proper threw in away after leading with 2 races left hehe..

This is how it finished :

01 Rodriguez 278
02 Schumacher 266
03 Hamilton 254
04 Button 235
05 Kobayashi 216

01 Mercedes 544
02 McLaren 489
03 Sauber 352
04 Red Bull 192
05 Lotus 171
06 Ferrari 151

Bit disappointed Button is my TM at McLaren for the final season and not Hamilton! I expect Sauber to be challenging for the title in Season 5 hehe...

Goliath I
I've actually been playing multiplayer quite a bit and come to the conclusion that it's not about skill but having the ability to anticipate the retards.

Though you can find yourself in some good, clean, challenging battles which is highly rewarding.

Ph 1 172
Does anyone else find the skill levels a massive jump in this game on the medium difficulty I'm like 2-5 seconds a lap faster than everyone but I move if up to the next difficult setting and I'm 2-5 seconds slower than everyone. It's so frustrating as I either play it with no challenge in 1st place (with toro rosso)and just a time trial to see if I can do a perfect lap or I play it that I'm in last place doing a time trial lol. Anyone else had this problem?

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
The whole point in progressing up through difficulty levels is to then practice and find out where you are losing time.

Does anyone else find the skill levels a massive jump in this game on the medium difficulty I'm like 2-5 seconds a lap faster than everyone but I move if up to the next difficult setting and I'm 2-5 seconds slower than everyone. It's so frustrating as I either play it with no challenge in 1st place (with toro rosso)and just a time trial to see if I can do a perfect lap or I play it that I'm in last place doing a time trial lol. Anyone else had this problem?

I feel the exact same.

On inter setting I'm 3 to 4 seconds quicker than the next fastest car,

On Pro I'm about 2 to 3 seconds a lap down on the AI and I'm no slouch on this game!

I've resorted to running on inter setting but starting from the back each race and running on lean fuel to make it more interesting.

I get the AI needs to be harder on pro but 5-6 seconds a lap?

Pull another one Codemasters.

RS Clio 182
Started Season 5 in the McLaren - wow this is easily the quickest car ive driven - first 3 races - 2nd,1st,1st. First time ive actually pulled away in 1st on lap 1 and actually built up a lead. Sauber have lost all their pace - RB & Mercedes look like the main rivals. Rosberg came back after ive been in his seat with a win in Melbourne!

RS Clio 182
I feel the exact same.

On inter setting I'm 3 to 4 seconds quicker than the next fastest car,

On Pro I'm about 2 to 3 seconds a lap down on the AI and I'm no slouch on this game!

I've resorted to running on inter setting but starting from the back each race and running on lean fuel to make it more interesting.

I get the AI needs to be harder on pro but 5-6 seconds a lap?

Pull another one Codemasters.

Ive actually found this game to be the perfect difficulty curve in the career mode - started off in the Caterham,then Torro Rosso,Williams,Sauber,Mercedes - and onto McLaren in the final season being pretty much the best driver. I found it didnt work out like that in the previous ones - ive really enjoyed F1 2012 - the only thing that lets it down is AI in the rain,the horrenndous framerate at times and the agressive AI. Definatly looking forward to the next gen version.

Golf R/Leon FR
I have found the difficulty settings good, pro level was too easy for me so im on legend and its far more realistic. As Nebraska says the McLaren is fast and I won the chamionship by a big margin in season 3 with them.

I am awful at qualifying. Always finish about 8-9 places higher up the field in the race though!

Aggresive driving FTW.

Goliath I
Just gone tohave a blast and my save file has been wiped!

Gutted, f**king gutted. Lost everything, my Career progress, car setups, multiplayer stats...

Was half way through my my 4th Season with Ferrari with just 4 points between me and Hami... Aaarrggghhh!