ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Build finished and wheels changed :)

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Cracking work bro, I've just finished a 14 hour day and I've not even checked CS once! Missed all this.

It looks superb mate, actually better than it did in my head. I love the black wheels (and I hate black wheels) it looks so aggressive!

Cheers brosef. Need a big unit or little unit BBQ in the diary, swing it round for some detailing loving! I was unsure on the black, but seems to have worked well. :)

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Car looks awesome dude, glad to see you got it finished!!

Cheers Matt, shame it's not heading over to the ring with you lot, but I'm broke! Lol!

Love what you've done with the steering wheel, what was it originally?

It was an Oreca 330mm race one that I bought new, then had it Powdercoated white, bought the stickers from Ady (n2grafix) off here and then lacquered over the whole lot. :) I really wanted the Sabelt one, but hate the fact the top comes in blue. Nothing on my whole car is blue. So I made my own for the sake of my OCD! Ha ha!

Last edited:
It was an Oreca 330mm race one that I bought new, then had it Powdercoated white, bought the stickers from Ady (n2grafix) off here and then lacquered over the whole lot. :) I really wanted the Sabelt one, but hate the fact the top comes in blue. Nothing on my whole car is blue. So I made my own for the sake of my OCD! Ha ha!

Top work! My Sabelt is looking a bit sorry for itself. Need to get it retrimmed!

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
snap, how did I miss this! looks great

whats the pms shifter kit like? I hear they are a ball ache to setup? worth it? work nicely, feel good? (happy happy fun fun time, 5 dolla)

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
How did i miss this !!

One seriously hot 172, properly purposeful boi @Cub. x

Cheers old bean! I was back up in Glasgow yesterday. Only for the day sadly :(

snap, how did I miss this! looks great

whats the pms shifter kit like? I hear they are a ball ache to setup? worth it? work nicely, feel good? (happy happy fun fun time, 5 dolla)

Thanks Coops, I really rate it, but mine was easier to fit than others, and it seems very was to find gears etc. I think to depends on exhaust type as to how easy it is to fit / how well it works.

I know some of the racers (russ rallye) had problems with missing 'swift' gear changes. I loved it in Wales though, performed excellently for me. :)

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
interesting

I may have a slightly bigger set of hurdles is all as my '172' track car is actually the b*****d child of a phase 1 172 shoehorned into a mk1 shell. so fitment could be a bit of a swine.