ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dr Jekyll's Ph1 172 Progress Thread

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I have the dog bone mount done and the Ktr engine/gearbox mounts.

Very happy, wouldn't go back to standard now.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Im the same, have had this set up on both my ph1's and wouldnt want anything else tbh.
I dont really notice any vibrations either

I don't know what all the fuss was about, people need to man the f**k up.
I do notice it on idle tbh but the engine feels so better connected, better response and I wouldn't go back to the crap standard mounts again.

(Had 2 set's before ktec)

I don't know what all the fuss was about, people need to man the f**k up.
I do notice it on idle tbh but the engine feels so better connected, better response and I wouldn't go back to the crap standard mounts again.

(Had 2 set's before ktec)

I totally agree with that! But my car being slightly stripped you dont notice the vibrations as its generally just noisy and that seems to overwhelm and vibrations (that doesnt really make sense, but i know what i mean!). My flamer on idle rattled like mad, but that was fully stripped so that probably didnt help!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Mark are you coming on Sunday so we can get some pics :cool:

No buddy. I'm round AlexW's with a friend with a cup to get a few bits done. Plans for mine are to re-tap my exhaust mount and use a exhaust mount bolt I've got spare, fit polybush dogbone mount and use a jubilee clip for either side CV gaitor. I got these ones:

11460302725_a5926fdedf.jpg

Jubilee clips for CV gaitor (90mm-120mm) by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

Also I've finally found that annoying rattle in the rear! It turned out to be the headrest stems rattling. When there extended they don't do it but once they are at the lowest setting they do. Me being me, I don't like the look of them unless they sit all the way down :eek: so I masking taped up the stems a tad and bingo, no more rattling!

I think I might buy a small lot of underlay now to fit behind the door panels to help with the vibration. Worth a shot.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Mark Re CV boot clips, they will be to long once done up.

I just trimmed mind down with a fine hacksaw blade, neater job. :)

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Car looks great mark! I will be keeping an eye on it's progress. Those sidelight bulbs are bloody bright! Didn't know you could get 501's with CRE LED's I'm defiantly going to get a pair of them!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Scott wont sell....

Tom, yes you do mate! They really do finish off the rear :) I've still yet to see yours in your ownership!

Well worth it Rob. They look a tad white next to my slightly blue HID's but will look spot on next to the standard xenon bulbs.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Got a few more things done this weekend. New air vent and number plate bulb holder arrived saturday so i got them fitted with the new LED too:

11478557494_d3b1131dc1.jpg

New air vent and rear number plate bulb holder by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

10904277263_56e02c9f3c.jpg

Ph1 rear number plate light cover by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

11484631234_fbb607aa2e.jpg

Rear number plate bulb holder - Old Vs New by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

11484720853_eb52dd6db5.jpg

Rear number plate bulb holder with LED fitted by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

11484745053_b50f796a74.jpg

Center console without air vent by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

11484604924_6610cd4745.jpg

Center console with air vent by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

Also hit all the 7's:

11476512593_1a896176e9.jpg

All the 7's by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

Today i shot down to @AlexW to get a couple of bits done:

11502614016_72ee553730.jpg

AlexW's Auto's! by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

First job was to change the standard dogbone mount with my polybushed one.

11502535944_179fdf8e85.jpg

Dogbone mount - Standard Vs Polybush by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

While Alex was busy fitting the polybush dogbone mount i used some gaffer tape to tape up the Ktec induction kit as we noticed that where it wasnt fitted properly it had been rubbing on the battery brace bar and had made a little incision. Once both those jobs were done Alex the moved to the rear of the car to remove the middle exhaust mount bolt as it wouldnt tighten up or loosen off and i took my old cable tie off my CV gaitor and fitted the jubilee clip. Alex also re-tapped the 3rd hole as i went in pissed before. All sorted now, thanks @Phase1sr for the tap :)

11502493885_6762ee70c6.jpg

Grinding off rear exmount mount bolt by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

11502573653_00fd849043.jpg

Re-tapping exhaust mount by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

11502602653_9eebaccf66.jpg

CV gaitor jubilee clipped by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

Also used some penny washers that i had lying around to "fix" the common ECU broken bracket:

11502565304_5abe2f94e9.jpg

Bodged ECU bracket by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

Ive had a sticky throttle and we noticed today that my one has snapped so i shall order a new genuine one from Renault over the Xmas period. Thanks again Alex for your help today :)

Also shot down to Halfords today to get a clean standard plate made.

11502555924_70868e0327.jpg

Clean standard plate by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

I will fit this tomorrow and then I'm legally clean ;)

My girlfriend also bought me a new toolbox out of the blue because she's awesome and mine was knackered! So while i was removing all my tools from my old box to the new one i found these in there:

11502566383_09873d94c1.jpg

Top mount covers. by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

11502499264_701083f9fa.jpg

Top mount covers by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

Dan@MAD top mount covers! Well thats them off the wish list now! lol I'm going to get a can of Iceberg made up and colour code them :cool:

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Wow cracking work mate, glad the exhaust mount is sorted. :)

Thanks Buddy. No more loose or wonky bolts now!

Less freaky pics of me this week! :D

I did have one of you tapping the mount but i had to crop it anyway loosing part of your gorgeousness!

great progress mark.

Cheers B-boy! Are you taking your cup to the Surrey R/R meet in feb?

Also im glad the poly dogbone mount has been fitted! Sooo much better than before. Virtually no movement on the gearbox on and off the throttle and no noticeable vibrations either. Definitely a mod that is recommended and im glad i listened to you lot!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Nice work mate, how did that vent go in?? Easy?

It just pops in Rob. I broke it getting it out so i was concerned about putting it in as i didnt want to snap anything as there £24 and i waited a month for it! I did post up a thread but got impatient and had a go and it was so easy i shouldnt of needed the thread (Hence why i removed it :eek:)

It's coming along nicely. Guess who fitted the induction kit...:eek:

Dodgy scotsman ;) All better now. I think it was actually due to the battery brace not having the bolt to hold it up and that was why it was scoring against the neck of the filter. Luckily i had a spare bolt that fitted so its all good now :)