ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dr Jekyll's Ph1 172 Progress Thread

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
I just ment to give it some tlc ;) thinking about it though I probably would sell it as I have a ph1 track car so it will probably gather dust. .

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Chi, you are just one crazy mutha!

Got a few more things done to the car today with the help from AlexW (actually he did it all! :eek:) Will upload pics in a mo.

The to do list is getting smaller...... but the wish list is getting longer! lol

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Shot round to Alex's this morning seen as he's fairly local to me to get him to do a few things for me that i wasnt confident in doing myself. He has more knowledge and tools for the jobs too, which is a bonus! lol

I got some mounts from yeecup with the sale of the car which i though i'd get fitted. They was a brand new gearbox mount and nearly new engine mounts and a poly dogbone mount. Alex stated buy removing the engine mount only to find.....

11391108576_c0eeb25f17.jpg

Broken engine mount by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

I think its safe to say that was knackered! So the new one was fitted. Next up was the gearbox mount. Here's a nice pic of him at work

11391129716_803567363e.jpg

Alex removing gearbox mount by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

11391066595_920f2f275d.jpg

Gearbox mount being removed by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

11391056526_6e7218895b.jpg

Gearbox mount housing removed by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

New vs Old gearbox mount:

11391077496_49f810fe3a.jpg

Gearbox mount - New vs Old by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

While he was doing the easy jobs, i was busy tackling a slightly harder one.... filing the boot led! lol Fits perfect now :)

Also having never changed one before and engine work not really being my forte (sp?) he guided me through a thermostat change, which was nice and easy. So new genuine thermostat is now fitted and the needle reading as it should :)

Next up was fitting the HID's and Cree sidelights. Sidelights popped straight in, but the HID's were a little tougher. The battery and Ktec induction had to be removed for fitting and it once all hooked up and lights turned on we found no luck. Alex had a look/fiddle around and it turned out the connector pins were the wrong way round :S Once that was done he refitted them and bingo! I have fully working headlights again. They look really nice actually and im happy with them. Only downfall was we was looking at the bulbs for so long thats all we could see for a while!

11391119236_1f672a16b4.jpg

All HID'd up by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

Here's a few pics fitted in the dark but they are poor quality :eek:

11391042715_965c47ae55.jpg

HID's & Cree's by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

11391112844_1056dc71e5.jpg

Cree sidelight by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

11391201674_8e0512da79.jpg

6000k HID's fitted by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

11391186886_15e2d8a5b6.jpg

HID's and Cree sidelight by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

They have a slight blue tint to them but not at all chavvy. That is what i didnt want. Although its hard to get the right colour in the pics, the last pic is the closest to the eye that my camera could catch. Big thanks to AlexW for the help today in the wet :)

Many.
:D. I look like a weirdo.

Was a good day, and happily do it all again. Headlights look spot on too.

How did you find the new engine mounts?

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
Looking good Mark, it wasn't until now that I was even aware you had sold the 182 and replaced it with a ph1.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Engine mount is genuine gearbox mount was from cliospares non genuine but oe quality. Did u fit the dogbone mount too? That knackered engine mount explains the knocking I suspected it was knackered hence buying the new ones. Great work mate I'm missing the little go kart I'll have another no doubt

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Multi quote y0!

Nice updates! Reading this makes me want a PH1 again. Looking forward to updated pics :)

Thanks Ash :) Unfortunately/fortunately the pics will keep coming so don't blame me if you purchase one ;)

Great work boys.. keeps getting better and better.

Thanks Chi :) Still got more to do though.

Good stuff, ive forgotten what mine looks like. :(

Thanks Scott :) That's because yours doesn't see the wet ;) You have text btw

:D. I look like a weirdo.

Was a good day, and happily do it all again. Headlights look spot on too.

How did you find the new engine mounts?

I thought you'd like that pic! Engine feels tighter. There is slight movement but nothing like it was!

Looking good Mark, it wasn't until now that I was even aware you had sold the 182 and replaced it with a ph1.

The Ph1 bug bit hard kelv. I wanted to get one before we bought a house, which hopefully will be next year.
Looking good!

Coming along nicely! Sure don't hang around :)

Would be interested to know this too!

Are they genuine mounts do you know?

Thanks Tommo :) your answer is below ;)

Engine mount is genuine gearbox mount was from cliospares non genuine but oe quality. Did u fit the dogbone mount too? That knackered engine mount explains the knocking I suspected it was knackered hence buying the new ones. Great work mate I'm missing the little go kart I'll have another no doubt

I didn't fit the dogbone as I wanted to see how this felt first. I may do it so I shall keep it for now.

Car did look awesome when i finanly turned up looking forward to seeing it more in the summer when the meets get going again.

Thanks Paris. I shall b at more meets now that I'm legal again! Do you get your clean?

Inferno 225 cup
Told you you had to connect the plugs the wrong way round dude.

They give off a good amount of light too don't they.

Looks great Mark! Those HID's really do look like they'll be a whole lot better than the standard candles!

how is your induction setup made? is it the DIY K-tec variety?

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Good stuff, on both counts.
ive just bought a ph1 aswell ;)

As bobby said in ph1 thread, you got too much money! Lol

Told you you had to connect the plugs the wrong way round dude.

They give off a good amount of light too don't they.
I must of forgot :eek: I'm impressed with them, just the right amount of blue tint too.

Looks great Mark! Those HID's really do look like they'll be a whole lot better than the standard candles!

how is your induction setup made? is it the DIY K-tec variety?

Even on the way home from Alex's I could tell the difference straight away.

It is a actual Ktec induction kit. Alex will clarify that it sounds the nuts :race:

Dogbone should tighten the feel up even more.

I will probably do it tbh mate. I can always take it off if I don't like it.

Good progress! Lol @ Alex, probably the most helpful member of cs ever.

He's a good lad. It won't be the last time my car is at he's place lol

Lights look great everytime I read this thread it makes me want to sort my Ph1 out :)

I shall update more then ;)

Inferno 225 cup
I re-pinned it, just plugged it all in and was like....what?! Then realised. They are nice and bright and suit the silver.

Just have to I want to say reverse the polarity but that sounds stupid, but I just clipped them in backwards and hey presto.

They suit silver really well.

I need those side light bulbs so hook a brother up.

Many.
Just have to I want to say reverse the polarity but that sounds stupid, but I just clipped them in backwards and hey presto.

That's exactly it. If you want to correct yours, the pins come out super easy, small screwdriver in next to the pin where there's a little tag that opens up.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
@bobby You know that bruv!

@Wick I think I will mate. I was worried about the extra vibration but won't know unless I try. The good thing is I can always change back if I don't like it.

didnt get any vibration when I fitted one to my flamer ph1. If it does vibrate it will be minimal at idle