ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dr Jekyll's BG182 Project Thread

RenaultSport 182FF
for real?

Only my opinion mate, You can't let one of my views get in the way of the rest of the car, its awesome :)

I think it would be a little more neutral on a lighter colour! .... Just not carbon on black for ME!
However you mustn't read it as a negative, thats not what I said ;)

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Lovely car Mark, paintwork is in mint condition .... Reminds me of someone else's car :eek:

Really like the car but can't help think that the carbon is a little to much 'bling' for me :cool: (Can't help think that is an essex thing ;))
It's a tastefully modified unit mate, not like some of the cars you see say in Sauffend :rofl:

Thanks for the comments :) Paint looks in good condition in the pics but in person it's showing signs if wear :(

No I can agree with what you are saying mate. In all honesty I do look at it sometimes and think "is it too much?" yet other times I really like it. Maybe it would be more subtle with BG or anthracite interior parts with the red decals.

Ive enjoyed tinkering/modifying it, and still am, but I don't want to go too far.

Last edited:

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Mark, did u crash your car? found this on ebay Renault Clio 172 182 CUP Carbon Fibre Front Splitter :approve:

No mate. Someone scraped into my car at work some few months ago and I never got round to getting it painted. This wing came up and em didn't know what to get me for my b'day and she knew my wing was bugging me so she bought me it...... (And a sports grill, new trainers, and a watch! She's a top gal, eh? :))

I am in need of a new splitter Ian, but will wait till we get back from the Isle of Wight before I get one. Although if we go to the R/R it might not get on the rollers :eek:

Have a look in the S/E section and get your name down for the R/R. Be interesting to see what the 200 makes :)

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
After looking at my dials i decided that the "RS" stickers were too large so i got Ady (n2grafix) to get some smaller ones made.

8285409670_a5688b2182.jpg

IMG_1447 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

I decided that the largest one was too big. I still decided you use the silver one as a shadow and have the red one overlapping again. I put them both on at the same time to see what one i thought was best and i felt that the smallest one was too small so i went for the happy medium :)

8285406674_bf236f5415.jpg

IMG_1448 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

8284342315_f66a940fdb.jpg

IMG_1450 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

Managed to get the cliosport calender and guess whos on june? :)

8429963991_7464e3b629.jpg

Untitled by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

Im well chuffed at that for sure. Give me more a reason to get it better looking and up to great condition.

Over the winter period my car started making a humming noise. Using the search bar on here it seemed that it was my wheel bearings that were going. I was going to the isle of wight for a weeks break so i thought i'd get it checked when i came back. Only got snowed in one day so luckily my splitter wasnt used as a snow plow for long!

8429966871_69b5876744.jpg

8391365935_1db4e04c10.jpg

Snowed Clio by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

I got back and spoke to Dan at 519 about the bearings and booked it in for yesterday, explaining that i thought it was my front bearings but wasnt 100% sure. So yesterday i drove up there and getting it up on the ramps Dan diagnosed it straight away that i had a sticker rear caliper on the NS and knackered OSR bearing so i got him to fix them straight away as he had the bearing in stock. Afterwards we took it up the road and it was silent :)

I also spoke to Dan about fitting my wing that i got of blackgold as i tried myself and failed :( so once we got back he fitted my wing :) Lastly while i was there i mentioned that i was missing a plastic undertray and as he had a few spare he gave me one for free! Cheers to Dan for sorting me out and seen as he's closer than i thought i'll be using him again :)

So today i took the car for an mot. It passed with the advisory that i had a bit of play in my OSF ball joint. Also both Dan and my mot guy noticed ive got a hairline crack in my center section of my rs192 so ill drop it back to the mot place next week to get both those done.

Also while i was in the isle of wight i managed somehow (but still unsure how) to break my gearbox plastic surround so i phone up my local Renault garage and got a new one. It was £9 and came with both the plastic and the leather! Bargain! However ill be taking off the material and keeping my existing black with red stitching one. I also ordered new oil filter and sump plug as i want to do an oil change soon. I also got 2 retaining clips to hold the to of the upper grill on as i carelessly snapped mine :(

8431043196_fed60c527f.jpg

8431046766_9599a29134.jpg

8431044724_5c75bfe77d.jpg

Got to get tax tomorrow then give it a good clean as it hasnt been washed since beginning of december :eek:

clio 172 phase 2
Hey bud roughly how low is your car ? I want it to be around that height how far down are your adjuster ? Cheers

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Got my tax sorted :) Got roiling road in a weeks time be nice to see what power it makes. Treated the car to a full tank of Vpower and going to change the oil after work tomorrow if the weathers is ok so it should (fingers crossed) be running ok come Saturday.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Got my tax sorted :) Got roiling road in a weeks time be nice to see what power it makes. Treated the car to a full tank of Vpower and going to change the oil after work tomorrow if the weathers is ok so it should (fingers crossed) be running ok come Saturday.

Good stuff. See you at SRR Mark.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
So with the rr today I wanted to get the oil changed. I already had a bottle of elf evolution and I'd recently been down renault to pic up the filter and plug so I jacked it up and drained the old oil. Only after the oil had drained had I realised that I'd somehow lost my wratchet set to undo the fuel rail guard nut!! Luckily enough I could just about squeeze my little gay hands past and undo the old oil filter, which thankfully was only hand tight from the last time I did it.

8459613864_23979827b8.jpg

Oil change by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

Put it all back together and gave it a wash all ready for today. Of course it rained on the way down but that was always going to happen! Was rather nervous when putting the bg on due to the recent mishaps it had but she did alright tbh:

8459361924_7c2baec48a.jpg

My BG182 On The Rolling Road by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

8458261177_67d4745255.jpg

My BG182 Rolling Road Printout by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

Gonna treat myself to a new carbon splitter next :)

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks Dom.

Current mods are matched inlets, itg panel filter, rs192 with decat and 98ron map so Dan and Charlie think it's as it should be.

Might look into the ktec or DIY induction kit next. Maybe toy with cams next year but that's only a maybe. It's still £1500ish fitted and mapped which is a lot. Would go 438s, that way I can use standard ecu etc. But that's only a maybe, although at the moment I've got no plans to get rid of the clio.

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Cams are a lot of money for the gains they produce. My engine is totally standard at the moment and it feels really good, to be honest I don't know if I would go down the cam route again, as you say it is a lot of money and the gains are only minor esp if you have a good engine to start with. I think a good ID kit is the way to go if you can handle the extra noise.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
The noise doesn't bother me and tbh it's pretty quick enough for me, so realistcally it would be just the ik next. Unfortunately after the induction kit its all big money and that's something I'm not looking to be spending engine wise, but would consider when the belts need to get changed.

I know you can DIY your own but there's just something about that ktec one lol

Cams are a lot of money for the gains they produce. My engine is totally standard at the moment and it feels really good, to be honest I don't know if I would go down the cam route again, as you say it is a lot of money and the gains are only minor esp if you have a good engine to start with. I think a good ID kit is the way to go if you can handle the extra noise.

This is my exact thoughts on cams, although im now on my 2nd car running different cams lol.

Nice figures mark, i am a fan of your car! would love to see a rs2 in that engine bay would really set it off :)

200 FF Storm Grey
It's all about the finer details for me and this car is full of them, full credit to the effort mate!

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
This is my exact thoughts on cams, although im now on my 2nd car running different cams lol.

Nice figures mark, i am a fan of your car! would love to see a rs2 in that engine bay would really set it off :)

not sure why. seeing it on the rollers yesterday, it has more torque for the majority of the rev range than most of those cars

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
What's wrong with your splitter now mate ?

Quite frankly dan, its f*cked!! Need a new one and my gf said if I make 175 or more then she'll buy me a new one! She's awesome! :)

It's all about the finer details for me and this car is full of them, full credit to the effort mate!

Thanks very much :) It's always nice to hear comments like that. Still got a bit more tidying up on the old girl though.

not sure why. seeing it on the rollers yesterday, it has more torque for the majority of the rev range than most of those cars

Thanks Dan. However after seeing the red piped one at yours I'm seriously thinking of getting one of those ktec induction kits!! Darn you :rasp:

Purely as it would look awesome lol

I went out in an rs2 and my personal experience is I wasn't impressed. It's a lot if dough for something that isn't worth that much money. But yes it does look nice.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I'll get these revised top mounts to you this week!

Car is looking fantastic as always pal! , Will it be at CSS?

Thanks dan. I know your busy so don't like to bug you. Ill need to send you a pm in a bit regarding delivery.

Yeah Im going CSS but I think the pics look better than the real thing :eek:

Well I can take you out in my car with 421s at some point if you like :) it goes well

421's? Aren't they more aggressive? If (no change to when!) I come to an EoE meet ill take you on the offer just for the ride! My belts don't new doing for another 1/2yrs so I'd realistically look at getting some then, but wouldn't want to change ecu, etc hence the possible 438's. But that's all a maybe! Lol

Last edited:
  Milltek'd clio 182
Hello mate, hope your all well, what great results you had from the dyno. Shes still going strong, thats good to see. I was wondering if you wanted these back boards of mine, that keiran gave me, if not I will give them away. Just wanted to check with you as I know they will go to a good home. Take it easy mate, give us a text sometime.

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Just read this thread from the start and it's a good read with some tidy mods and a lovely graph from SRR.

I appreciate it's a bit of a 'marmite' mod but in my opinion the front end is screaming out for a 3/4 plate.