ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dr Jekyll's BG182 Project Thread

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Been a long time since I looked at this thread mate, however it is still looking as stunning as ever and the smaller details are what makes the overall product look so great.

Need to get my arse into gear and get some gtechniq for the plastics on my saxo, they've stayed black for quite some time just with AS histyle but would prefer if they were permenantly like that :)

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers Chris, I agree with the smaller details. Subtle yet effective and quite induvidial to the car also, miming it different without being ott.

Mate, I really recommend c4. Was a bit sceptical about paying £25 for such a small bottle but I took the plunge and its done wonders and I've still got 1/2 a bottle left :)

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Got my new wing and top grill come today from Chris205/Black gold. Well packaged was an understatement lol but rather that than crappy packaging and broken parts:

8253547794_79cba81d0f.jpg

IMG_1374 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

8252539933_9f3f94ef26.jpg

1 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

8253615544_02bc009d32.jpg

Untitled by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

These are an early birthday present from my gf as she didnt know what to get me and i wanted to get my body work starting to look fresh again. I might try and get these fitted next week. (hopefully it wont be freezing cold and raining)

Ill be using the remaining c4 on the top grill as i want it looking fresh again but dont want to respray it. Once both parts are fitted then my old ones will be no good for me and will be up for grabs. They have paint damage (Small scuff on the flat part of the wing but is in the paint and grill needs to be taken back to then bare plastic as i buggered it up when i re-painted them. Ill be giving these away for free if someone is willing to cover the postage costs :)

While im working on that i think im going to wet & dry and re-paint my rear shocks and rear brake calipers. Ill be doing them gloss black.

I also have the same dash clock stickers on the previous page coming but in a smaller size. Im liking them and there for keeps but are just a tad to small so Ady has done me a slightly smaller set :)

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Decided to wash the front grill before i put it on the car and also clean it up with some of my Gtechniq C4. As before with all the other plastics i did, i used cotton wool buds and pads. I also removed all the stickers so it looks a little cleaner :)

8257756163_8dba910ee1.jpg

Gtechniq C4 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

8258820508_983b43eacc.jpg

A few 50/50's

8257749737_984d88a9f7.jpg

Gtechniq C4 50/50 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

8257745249_558d8fd518.jpg

8258808648_e0f48ab5da.jpg

Also this is at the back of the grill but what is it actually for?

8257736705_a9fb0d2284.jpg

Lastly does any body have a guide or heads up on how to change the front wing?

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks pal :) Im not sure about the best though :eek: I think ive still got a long way to go to become up there.

I do think that ive made this car my own now though. Yeah im really pleased with the anthracite 2118's. They look good with the wilwoods behind them and the TPI bolts finishes them off. Sometimes i look at it and think damn that looks good!! lol :cool:

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
That's what I thought. I've put it all back together so just got to fit it. Looks like its going to be cold this week though :(

Also got a pm from Ady that my RS clickers have been done in 30mm, 25mm and 20mm so I've got a couple to play with :)

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
You took the whiteline sticker off...HOW DARE YOU!!!

That sticker alone was worth better handling and atleast 10bhp :)

Wing is a pain in the arse mate, not sure how to get it off without removing the skirt tbh

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
You took the whiteline sticker off...HOW DARE YOU!!!

That sticker alone was worth better handling and atleast 10bhp :)

Wing is a pain in the arse mate, not sure how to get it off without removing the skirt tbh

Damn! Wished I'd kept it now! It's all de-stickered as I wanted it clean looking :)

Oh really Chris? That's not why I wanted to hear :(

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I was looking in here and I've managed to find some pics of when my car was just before I bought it.

I also managed to find the for sale ad that was posted on here although I found it on piston heads. Deposit was taken on the 03/01/11 at which point I had joined here the day before and had already bought my scorpion rs192 system. I took over the car in 08/01/11 iirc.

I'll upload pics in a bit :)

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Here's the pics of my BG182 just before i picked it up. The previous owner had put the original badge back on but after these pics pics were taken he'd put a carbon splitter on.

8262943518_558322638f.jpg

1 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

8261874923_31c287876c.jpg

2 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

8262943106_46eb55af36.jpg

3 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

8261874415_bb471048c2.jpg

4 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

8261874205_436b2bea08.jpg

5 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

And the advert:

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?548953-gt-gt-**-RENAULTSPORT-182-CLIO**-lt-lt-%A34250

The advert says 52k but it was just under 51k when i got it. It also had 2 toyo tr1's on the front and not pe2's all round. Due to the tax and m.o.t being due i knocked him down on that and it had 1 kerbed wheel iirc, so final price was £3,700 :)

Its fair to say its changed a bit since then!!

Last edited:
Love the subtle mods you've done to this. It just goes to show you don't need to do anything extreme to make a car look extremely impressive.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Love the subtle mods you've done to this. It just goes to show you don't need to do anything extreme to make a car look extremely impressive.

Thanks :) Theres the wheels, lows and seats which are the first signs its been modified but like you say its the subtle touches (Little stickers, Red stitching on steering wheel and gear gaiter, red strip on spoiler, etc) that are not ott but are effective :)

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
You can undo every bolt on the wing apart from the 2 which are behind the sideskirt. I've always ended up drilling out the rivets for the skirts and removing the skirts that way, I'm not sure if there's any other way of removing the wing mate.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
You can undo every bolt on the wing apart from the 2 which are behind the sideskirt. I've always ended up drilling out the rivets for the skirts and removing the skirts that way, I'm not sure if there's any other way of removing the wing mate.

If you need a rivet gun to re-fit the skirt Mark, I have one you're more than welcome to use.

Thanks chaps. Chris it was a right pain in the butt and you was right, you do have to remove the skirt.

Cheers Rob :) It's ok as I've chatted up both Ant (Scrooge) and Mike (Budgie) to fit it for me when one is available. I needed 3/8th uj socket extension, puller and rivet gun, all of which I didn't have so its easier to get one of those lovely chaps to fit it for me, beer tokens provided, and have piece of mind :)

LY R26 #288
Sounds like a right ballache!. Mark you fancy coming to the surrey rolling road day on the 8th of feb? its in the south central meet section I think?. Its a bit of a trek for you but would be a good day out.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I woke up yesterday not really feeling up for it and feeling poo :(

Even these didn't help ;)

8267190303_c0946e5871.jpg

Medicine! by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

Got outside to find this

8268259208_53aec2e455.jpg

Frosted by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

8267188511_e38d11b3b2.jpg

Too Cold by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

Anyway I persisted and got the front bumper off and put the new grill on

8268255626_ae64ab15a5.jpg

Front End Off by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

The grill looked darker inside but now it's on the car it looks a bit blue, so I'm going to do it satin black again. If I do it myself ill lacquer it as I didn't do this last time, but I'm going to see how much the local sprayers will charge. If its not much more ill get it done professionally.

I also noticed these letters on the front. Does anybody know what they mean? They look like ND I think.

8267187209_5165755d5d.jpg

No Bumper by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

So after this point I started to take the wing off but got stuck as I couldn't remove the passenger window wiper and couldn't get the top nut off under the scuttle panel as I didn't have a 3/8th uj extension, hence me arranging it with Scrooge/Budgie to fit it for me :)

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds like a right ballache!. Mark you fancy coming to the surrey rolling road day on the 8th of feb? its in the south central meet section I think?. Its a bit of a trek for you but would be a good day out.

It was mate! I was freezing my little legs off and just gave up :(

Yeah I'm up for that mate. Just check my rota and I'm on lates so when I'm back in at work ill book the day off :)

BlackGold 182
Well I like the little f1 stickers and a few bits interior stickers in red but not carbon this time

haha I've seen them mate I will get one eventually more than likely lol

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Might be worth checking out bandersons thread. I think he's got the red stickers in he's but the dash strips and other parts are in bg. Looks really nice :) Food for thought.

BlackGold 182
Damn was hoping no1 had done that lol but that's what I'm doing along with a few other bits, rubbish being on such a budget though.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Damn was hoping no1 had done that lol but that's what I'm doing along with a few other bits, rubbish being on such a budget though.

Unfortunately its all been done before lol, i guess thats the joys of owning a 7/8 year old car. At least this way you can see whether it looks good before you commit.

I think they put ND letters on the slam panel when the car has been involved in a heavy front end collision Mark ;)

Car looks good frosty.

ND = Naughty Driver? I may look good fletcher, but it didnt feel good :(

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Im going to put my name down for the Surrey R/R day in feb to see what the old girl is running. I went to the Essex R/R day at TDI last year and these were my figures:

8271317607_24c2c08315.jpg

R/R (05.03.2011) by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

8272385710_00857ce5af.jpg

R/R (05.03.2011) by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

This was at the hub and looking at the end of the R/R thread is looks like my results are 159.1 at the hub x 1.07526881-ish, which makes mine 171.1 at the fly? At the time, all it had was a cat-back RS192 system, but ive since had the JMS ecu upgrade, ported inlets, decat and ITG panel filter, lus an added 12k-ish so it'll be interesting to see the difference.

RenaultSport 182FF
Lovely car Mark, paintwork is in mint condition .... Reminds me of someone else's car :eek:

Really like the car but can't help think that the carbon is a little to much 'bling' for me :cool: (Can't help think that is an essex thing ;))
It's a tastefully modified unit mate, not like some of the cars you see say in Sauffend :rofl:

Milltek'd clio 182
Lovely car Mark, paintwork is in mint condition .... Reminds me of someone else's car :eek:

Really like the car but can't help think that the carbon is a little to much 'bling' for me :cool: (Can't help think that is an essex thing ;))
It's a tastefully modified unit mate, not like some of the cars you see say in Sauffend :rofl:

for real?

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Mark, did u crash your car? found this on ebay Renault Clio 172 182 CUP Carbon Fibre Front Splitter :approve:

[h=1][/h]