ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dr Jekyll's BG182 Project Thread

Vectra
Hope things work out for you mate, would be a shame to split/sell after all the effort you've put in.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers Sam and Thomas :)

Ian's (Nightrider renault) Suzanne has done me a cv as she works in job recruitment, and has sent if off to a few company's so fingers crossed.

In the meantime ill be getting it still up to scratch once the weather is better.

Future plans before CSS hopefully are:

• Change lower osf ball joint as it currently has a bit of play in there.
• Re-paint the lettering on the bullets as one is slightly chipped. Ill be going a brighter red to match the rear lights and wilwood stickers as there currently more of a candy red colour.
• New carbon splitter.
• Spacers all round. I'm looking at the hub plate ones for the rear (undecided at 10mm or 15mm but no added camber) and myldan hubcentric front spacers at 20mm so I can still use my TPI polarised bolts.
• Carbon rear wiper plate.
• Exhaust welded up as it has a hairline crack in the centre section.
• Re-paint rear shocks so they look more smoother as I only did them roughly last time just to black them.
• Re-paint rear calipers because of the same reason as above.
• Paint my strut cover black/gold as they currently look a little matt. Think it would finish them off in the engine bay.
• Get some thick carpet underlay to put under the boot mat and behind the rear seats to cut out a bit of the exhaust drone.

Hopefully if the weather brightens up I can get cracking!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Ok so ive decided that im going to keep the bg. I really dont want to get rid of it and although its had a lot of time effert and money spent on it, it still needs work doing to tidy it up and if i sold it like it is then i wouldnt get that much for it imo so its staying with me :)

Well after the R/R day i started to get some whining through the steering :(

I topped it up with some Castol ATF dex 2 and it seemed to go. I had an advisory from my mot which was play in my OFS lower ball joint and a hairline crack in my exhaust so i spoke to Dan@519 and he booked me in. Unfortunately 2 days before going there my whine came back :( It was leaking fluid everywhere. Topped it up again but by the morning it was all gone!

Anyway i drove it up to dans anyway and got him to have a look at it. The day before we went this came though the post:

8620756133_106377a6b3.jpg

Untitled by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

My lovely girlfriend bought it for me to cheer me up :) It worked of course!

So while we was at dans i asked him to have a look at the whine. He popped the bonnet and it took him about 4 seconds to notice the problem. Turned out the PAS pressure switch had a crack in it.

8620762145_404354a4fb.jpg

Luckily he had one in stock so he fitted that and topped it up. No more whine. RESULT!! He also welded up the exhaust and changed the OSF ball joint and i also asked him to fit my wiper blank as mine was seized on. He fitted it but told me i need a new wiper arm but that was cool with me.

I got back home and ordered one off ebay.

And fitted:

8621815252_8f61fecf55.jpg

I also ordered some new R.S. stickers from ady to put in my rev counter as i didnt like the other ones:

8620765225_62bfd7932d.jpg

8620777567_584b1b2e26.jpg

And fitted:

8621879064_08bf3c171f.jpg

8621879564_114abd5a06.jpg

Im going to pray my grill next week and and that will be a few more boxes ticked :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I know! Tbh it's not as good as a genuine one so I will buy a proper one just not yet. I'm looking at getting a fabia splitter next week or the week after as my carbon one is ruined but I can't justify spending £120 on a splitter atm.

Hopefully if the weather is decent next week ill respray my rear brakes and shocks. I posted up a thread about getting some dust covers for the rear shocks and oli (cub) off here sent me he's set for free. Ill fit these aswell. Thanks oli, I owe you :)

Also I received some new top mount covers as mine were catching but there a little more matt looking than last time so ill be painting them bg :)

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
How much u spent now mark lol

Cant wait to see it at the meet if ya still popping down

I don't even want to think! Lol It's my hobby so that's my excuse!

​Yes mate ill be down. I'm on a early shift the next morning so it won't be a late one but ill be there :)

Last edited:
  172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
I don't even want to think! Lol It's my hobby so that's my excuse!

​Yes mate ill be down. I'm on a early shift so itwon't be a ktr one but ill be there :)

Lol i dread to no the total cost of what ive spent. We love our little hobby. A costly one at that haha

Gd stuff mate it will be good to see ya :)

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
It does aswell! You wouldn't of thought a little crack like that would do so much but I guess it's under a lot of pressure! I was dreading a new pump then he found that and said he had a spare one and it would be £22 I jumped at him to put it on!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah it's a bit of a gutter but ill find something :)

Yes they came through the post the other day. I thought I text you but I've just checked and I didn't. Sorry about that :eek:

I owe you though pal, thank you :)

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Looks great Dr.....I'm not a fan of the carbon anymore though, the interior hurts my eyes :( I think if it had the dash strips, gear insert, steering wheel insert and dial surrounds it would be nice and subtle, the other stuff just seems a bit 'In yo face' and trying a bit too hard....just my opinion :)

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
That's cool Chris. Everybody is aloud an opinion. I actually have been thinking of keeping the carbon on the outside and going anthracite interior with red lettering :eek: not yet though.

BlackGold 182
Great to see your keeping it mark! Updates look good as always! Are you going graffiti tunnel next Saturday?

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Looks great Dr.....I'm not a fan of the carbon anymore though, the interior hurts my eyes :( I think if it had the dash strips, gear insert, steering wheel insert and dial surrounds it would be nice and subtle, the other stuff just seems a bit 'In yo face' and trying a bit too hard....just my opinion :)

That wont worry Mark he always wears Ray-Bans :cool:

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
That's cool Chris. Everybody is aloud an opinion. I actually have been thinking of keeping the carbon on the outside and going anthracite interior with red lettering :eek: not yet though.

Glad you took it the right way, I know exactly why you did it as it's good to be the first to have something done and it looks great....until everyone else gets it and it becomes so common its annoying ;).

I think it could just do with toning down, plus you'll get some money back in the kitty ;)

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I did a few more jobs today. I started off shooting down my local painting shop to pick up a some cans of primer, satin black, lacquer, black/gold and some medium brillo pad.

8621864712_4b882b56e0.jpg

8632930104_0c3443cd82.jpg

213 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

I cleaned up the dust covers that oli (cub) sent me and painted the top caps

8631828949_83e554a6ff.jpg

215 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

8632931480_ac3e1c223e.jpg

221 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

While they was drying i sprayed my top mount covers in bg and painted my grill satin black

8631827137_db923dff42.jpg

216 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

I sanded down and repainted my rear shocks and while the car was jacked up and the paint was drying i decided to clean the wheels and exhausts

8632932024_b64b074f85.jpg

220 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

8632933166_bc8984cfe8.jpg

217 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

8631826217_3cc2fd9f83.jpg

218 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

8632304942_971eff94a1.jpg

233 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

Then after that my shocks were dried so i put the covers back on and fitted them on

8632310530_575662dfab.jpg

226 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

Then i took my rear caliper carriers off, sanded them down and repainted them

before

8631825853_cfdd9b862e.jpg

219 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

after

8632306502_878d57db33.jpg

231 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

8632305652_eae0cf2376.jpg

232 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

8632318716_667f9687e3.jpg

238 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

While they was drying my grill was dry so i fitted that but it didnt go to plan as i got it caught on the bumper!! So i took it back off and wet & dried the marks then repainted it. While it was drying off my top mount covers were done so i wet and dried those with 2500 grit and t-cut them and finished them off with some blackhole

8632930882_a3d8c5cf8a.jpg

222 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

8632930882_a3d8c5cf8a.jpg

222 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

8631206089_f2cfcda680.jpg

224 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

8631205257_c4310f3de0.jpg

225 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

They look a little orangy peel when i took these pics but there smoother now. Im pretty happy with them tbh :)

Grill had driedbut wasnt great

8631202419_73fec639e1.jpg

228 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

8631201363_f2aee5af41.jpg

229 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

Im giving up with spraying these so ill just buy a new one next month! lol

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Still the best car on here, by a long long way.

Fire me a PM if you do ever genuinely decide to sell ;)

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Looking at my TPI bolts and seeing how rusty they are and the agro of lining up the wheels to the bolt holes ive decided to get a stud & nut kit.

8632304202_8a1a4810d8.jpg

234 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

8632303034_54471ee4a9.jpg

235 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

Disappointed tbh as i like the look of them so im looking at getting these perhaps come payday

8633088422_26a1de1d1e.jpg

195 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

I also noticed another car park dent :( Going to call the dent guy this week to remove it.

8632301906_1f62d3ffcc.jpg

236 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

This is chip on my badge that need touching up. Ill be doing this in the next few weeks. Any ideas on how?

8631211799_d0cac3912c.jpg

239 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Lasty i though id post these on here as this is the costly one that needs to be done but will be a while yet. My roof has a dent in it and the windscreen rubbers have been glued to the roof (previous owner) so it needs a roof spray. Anybody got any ideas on the cost to get it done?

8631209827_a63e302019.jpg

241 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

8632316920_c304f8824a.jpg

240 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

8631208975_7d6128ed7d.jpg

242 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

So all back together and parked up :)

8631208159_e7e9fe76aa.jpg

247 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

8631207095_4d3a40fe56.jpg

249 by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

Are those TPI's going spare? :eek:

Love your attention to detail, you're the complete opposite of me. My attitude is 'that'll do' with most things!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Looks mean. Some lovely touches on that!

Thank you :)

Are those TPI's going spare? :eek:

Love your attention to detail, you're the complete opposite of me. My attitude is 'that'll do' with most things!

Cheers Jamie :) I guess it's the little things that differ from others but I'm not into detailing at all. I don't own a machine polisher so its cleaned by hand so its not that detailed! (Swirl central :eek:)

I'm not sure when ill get the stud kit yet, see how much payday gives me! I wouldn't want that much for them due to the condition but from the last set I sold for a friend I think it was around £10 for the postage due to the weight. As soon as I get the studs and nuts ill whip the bolts off and have a better look at them. If your interested though then let me know and ill give you 1st dibs :)

Been reading through this today. As Jesus said, the attention to detail is immense! Love the little touches.

​Thank you my man. I don't want to go ott but I'm glad it's been a good read regardless :)

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Is it possible to just get powdercoated wheel bolts? I want some black ones for my trophy, dont like the tpi ones they look a little tacky IMO and don't go well with a normal wheel colour

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Deffo! :approve:

Ok mate no probs. ill keep you updated or keep checking in here but you heard it here first that you get first refusal :)

Is it possible to just get powdercoated wheel bolts? I want some black ones for my trophy, dont like the tpi ones they look a little tacky IMO and don't go well with a normal wheel colour

Yeah I've seen black bolts before. I was contemplating either the nuts posted earlier or black ones. Black ones will be more durable but I like the look of the oil coloured ones but not sure whether it will be touch! Oh the decisions! Lol

EDIT: Found these on eBay Chris. Pretty sure the clio is the same as these but not 100%

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160920389714?redirect=mobile

(A member off here put he's old TPI bolts from he's ph1 onto he's z4 and said they was a perfect match)

Last edited: