ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dmallett's PH1 Flame-shed.

Swapped some handles;
IMG_4919.jpg

Added 5mm spacers all round (this now means I have a 20mm and 5mm spacer up front. 5mm wheel spacer 10mm hub spacer with .5' camber added at the rear)
IMG_4920.jpg

The car was then treated to a £12 inside and out clean lol, it started snowing so I quickly stuck the camera in auto and grabbed some pics of it.
I might clean it properly when the suns out, as it does look nice cleaner!

IMG_4923.jpg

IMG_4924.jpg

IMG_4926.jpg

Yes I know the cup spoiler needs painting,
IMG_4928.jpg

IMG_4929.jpg

IMG_4931.jpg

Need to do something to stop the s**t exhaust knocking the rear beam and treat it to some fresh plates.

Small update,

New windscreen trims and bonnet rubber from Reno Wolverhampton.
IMG_4933.jpg

& fitted, only been missing since december!
IMG_4937.jpg

Replaced the rear shock top mounts with powerflex bushes, knocking is now gone! Always put it down to exhaust hitting the rear beam.
IMG_4932.jpg

Also came with a free keyring :)
IMG_4935.jpg

Had a little mishap with the rear shock bolt, not really sure how but the bolt snapped so ended up smashing it out and retapping it.
As you can see one bolt much shorter than the other, still at a miss how it happened!
IMG_4936.jpg

And an edited photo from the other week
IMG_4926_1.jpg

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Lol at the above.

Where from and how much was the rear rear bushes. Mine knocks and I know its not the rear shocks or exhaust but get same noises as what you got.

Got some clear side repeaters from @meekings14!

Before;
IMG_4938.jpg

After;
IMG_4940.jpg

Got a ph2 indicator stalk from @AlexW, to mix with my ph1 stalk to make my indicators cancel. (ph1 stalk, ph2 squib. Due to epas)
IMG_4947.jpg

Then I got some stack gauges, sensors and sandwich plate from @mark123
P1050168_zpshdzznj8z.jpg

Wired off the ignition live 12v thing
IMG_4941.jpg

A picture of the sandwich plate lol
IMG_4946.jpg

And how they are mounted for now, still not happy with it so we be changing it when I can be bothered/once ive driven it and work out how I can improve it!
IMG_4956a.jpg

The gauges are angled, but you can see them fine from the drivers seat which is the main thing! Oh and the lights in the gauges match my dash led's quite well!

Had some time today so aerocatched the front bumper, lost the pins for mine so purchased some fake catches to borrow the pins.
Bit of a marmite thing, but the bumper holds on properly now. Well kinda, needs some fine tuning to align it a little better along the wheel/arch side.

Messing around the CPL filter on my camera, pictures look a little funny.
IMG_4977a.jpg

IMG_4981a.jpg

Oh and the fake catches arent very strong
D2546B8D-D130-4363-93C3-8239FBC574BB.jpg

Got a new radio too, with a clock on it as I fitted gauges where the clocks go.
IMG_4982A.jpg

And in other news, I have made the purchase of a turbo kit and adaprtonic 420d. So looks like im going to be running low boost and probably breaking stuff. Plan is to have it all on and fitted intime for CSS, which will be the track debut for this car.

Im quite excited.

Dan, How hard is it to do the ph2 dash conversion, you've done it a few times now haven't you?

The conversion isn't hard at all, making all the buttons work is. Mine isn't fully functional like for like. But then mine is missing several bits so it doesn't bother me.

The hazard switch is the worst bit, @AlexW told me how to do it. It half worked but we've never actually spent any time making it work.

Robs guide on here is half helpful.

Boost - yes!!! Hero!

What figures wil it run low boost?

Flamers need a speshulneeds Blyton session methinks.... :smile:

230? It was previously running 227 so we will see what happens! I thought you'd like the boost part :)

Flamer parade lap? Ha, don't expect much from my driving abilities!

We should park them together though :p

Ooo this just got abit more interesting! :up:

It has! About time I done it :)

The conversion isn't hard at all, making all the buttons work is. Mine isn't fully functional like for like. But then mine is missing several bits so it doesn't bother me.

The hazard switch is the worst bit, @AlexW told me how to do it. It half worked but we've never actually spent any time making it work.

Robs guide on here is half helpful.

Cheers buddy, I've had a read through it and it all looks good. its the wiring of stuff that's a bit scary lol. I'd like to keep the AC, hazard and door lock/unlock

So had a delivery today, as theres not alot I can do I unwrapped it, looked at it and took photos and scratched my head.
IMG_4987.jpg

IMG_4984.jpg

ECU
IMG_4986.jpg

Loom
IMG_4985.jpg

So basically an ED kit with out the AEM, covered 3k. What can go wrong?

What happens next;

@AlexW has as always offered to help out (tell me what to do as per usual) so he is coming round to have a ganders at some point.

Also need to sort out what parts I need to order from Reno and sort out an oil return plan, going to do the block method.

Im also unsure wether to run the adaptronic, need to sort out my mapping/ecu options. Going to EFI at the end of the day is a fair old way, so sorting something closer to home might be a wise move.

I also want to remove the dump valve from the setup, purely for noise reasons. Unsure on the effect it will have.

Also need to sort out an exhaust, probably going to go for the PMS system as its proper quiet and Im miserable like that.

Need to speak with insurance to see the increase in premium, this will heavily dictate how soon I fit the kit.

And other stuff, but right now my mind has gone blank. Oh and I am in no rush to fit it lol