ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dmallett's PH1 Flame-shed.

Ive owned this car for a few months now so its about time I started a thread and with the sale of my black ph1 its only fair this car gets its own thread.

Basically I wasnt looking for another car but I am partial to a bargain and the colour 'flame red'. @AlexW kindly pointed me in the direction of the car and with out much thought I bought it.

The day I got it. It had some nice bits on it already.
IMG_4650.jpg

IMG_4651.jpg

IMG_4652.jpg

IMG_4655.jpg

And some spares
IMG_4656.jpg

Then I got to work destroying it, these pictures are just random snaps I took whilst working on it, changing and adding bits.
IMG_4719.jpg

IMG_4717.jpg

IMG_4714.jpg

IMG_4712.jpg

E971652A-6415-43A1-BFF0-8EBA4126D0B4.jpg

rd.jpg

Shed'd abit of weight.
IMG_4662.jpg

Simple aux set up.
IMG_4667.jpg

PAS gone.
A537716D-10FF-40DD-AB50-ECC9A5C82B18.jpg

Sprayed up some engine bits.
2AE26F50-72F9-4FEF-9BAB-EB717D03C913.jpg

Got a set of these, on @Dr Jekyll 's recommendation. Really impressed with them.
IMG_4692.jpg

Added studs all round and a set of powder coated carriers also thanks to @Dr Jekyll
IMG_4724.jpg

solved some rattes.
IMG_4728.jpg

Made a super awesome bespoke hazard pannel ;)
IMG_4731.jpg

IMG_4736.jpg

Changed the Cat-Maifold gasket.
IMG_4732.jpg

Drivers harness added.
IMG_4737.jpg

Stock piled tyres for next year, tbh I only want the 888's lol
IMG_4740.jpg

Turned the airbag lights off with my super legit cliP
E88BF76D-C7D6-4D2F-9256-E446FF257013.jpg

And how it sits today, waiting for an MOT at 8.30 tomorrow and then tracking after (if it passes!)
tbh this is the worst build thread ever as ive missed half the stuff out Ive done, but alot of parts came from the black ph1 onto this.

Spec;

Engine
- Vernair Silicone coolant hoses
- Magnecor Leads
- K-Tec / Vibratec Solid Engine Mounts
- Matched Inlets
- Super euro car parts exhaust
- Air con delete
- PAS delete
- Nimbus heatshield
- Polo Rad & Pacet fan
- Pikey induction

Transmission
- PMS Race Shifter / Gear linkage

Handling

- GAZ Coilovers
- Whiteline ARB
- M.A.D Hubcentric Spacers 20mm front
- M.A.D rear hub spacers. 10mm with '5 camber
- AST solid top mounts
- Eibach Camber bolts
- Stud and Nut kit fitted
- 15 inch OZ F1 wheels with Michelin PS3's

Braking

- Mintex M1155 Pads front
- Brembo HCs (Front)
- Renault OEM Discs (Rear)
- Fog lights removed and no arch liners

Interior

- Motordrive GRP driver seat
- Motordrive Carbon Passenger seat
- Custom x-low copy Subframes
- Sablet drivers harness
- Sabelt RenaultSport wheel which is very dirty.
- OMP boss
- Renaultsport Front Mats
- Full cup interior plastics, dash, carpets and control pannels.

Exterior
-
Cup Spoiler in black.
- Megane front splitter

Ill get it cleaned after the MOT and get some pictures of it in its current state with the list of what's happening next, nothing exciting I will add!

Thanks for reading!

Dan

x

They came from ebay as recommended by another member, seem decent enough to me!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291108978424?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I have missed the dash conversion yes, well I took a picture of it with no dash lol. tbh last sunday I did two dash conversions in the rain so i could sell the black ph1 this week! Pictures werent on my mind lol.

I will get pictures of it 'done' though tomorrow hopefully!

As for it staying, no idea how long!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
They were the studs I was looking at. They look identical to the ktec and PMS ones. Nice and easy to fit with a stop off and allen key head at more than half the price!

I think I'm going to like this car as flame red ph1's rule.

Unsure if you can get enough torque off an allen key, I double nutted them all and torqued them up.

But yeh they do look identical IMO, they are quite long though so unsure if you will like that Mark! Can always look on the 13th :)

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I remember going out in M.C. (member on here) track car at Bedford this year and seeing them and was impressed with them.

Looking forward to seeing it Dan :cool:

I remember going out in M.C. (member on here) track car at Bedford this year and seeing them and was impressed with them.

Looking forward to seeing it Dan :cool:

All depends on tomorrow, might get burnt! It's the tatiest car yet

The car that got away 😧

Cracking work Dan looks great.

At least you know it's in good hands with me, well kinda! Cheers bud

Will be good to see it/f**k it up next weekend

lol! I'm just looking forward to seeing how out the timing is. I'm sure I'll make it worse :wink:

I wanted that one and your black one.

Il bide my time...😧

Yeh sorry about that mate! Black one was in standard form/less the wheels when it left so not really that great! Plus Ive spent the morning fixing it due to a bad earth, I say morning I spent about 30minutes fixing it lol

IMG_4727.jpg

Timing will be right as I'm not just going to let you do it wrong.

Such a babe! I Gota get that cambelt kit this week lol

Oh and the car failed its MOT on petty things, such as loose track rod ends. Picking it up at 5pm at which point it should have passed, costing me £40 so Im not fussed! It did look bloody good though as I drove away from it this morning, I love it so much!

So today didnt turn out as planned,

Car didnt get cleaned, I didnt get pictures and I didnt get tracking done. But I did get an MOT!

Car is to low for the usual place I use to get tracking done, so plan is as follows.
-Fit skoda splitter
-Aero catch front bumper
-Raise front 10mm, literally was just to low to get the gauges in/on.

This weekend fit/change,
-Cambelt
-Megane Pulley
-Dephaser
-Oil filter and oil
-Spark Plugs

@AlexW had kindly said he will teach/show me how to do the belts. Seeing as its just about the only thing ive never done on a clio :)

Future plans
-Fit braided lines and rebleed with ATE super blue.
-Possibly fit EPAS, will see how I find driving the car. Done 10 miles today and as long as you dont try to turn the wheel whilst stationary its fine.
-Book Bedford for Feb.
-Get the 888's fitted onto my spare F1's.
-Fit Decat
-Get some decent pictures of the car in Daylight!

Think thats it!

So tonight I started stripping a few bits off the car ready for the cambelt sunday.

Whilst I was at it I changed the plugs, thanks to @G 172
IMG_4821.jpg

Old V New/Wrong V Right.
IMG_4823.jpg

Sprayed the cambelt cover
IMG_4829.jpg

All Ready for @AlexW to do his thing/teach me sunday.
IMG_4828.jpg

Also did something kinda sad, studded the lower/upper inlet joint.
IMG_4826.jpg

And then I got bored and removed some more weight.
IMG_4830.jpg

I also raised the front 10mm, the cars still on axle stands so unsure how much difference its made. Why? As it sits a little too low
IMG_4815.jpg

Yeah I'll be fitting epas before it's back on the road. Tried removing the pipes at the ends but the nuts wouldn't budge so chopping them there sounds great ha!

Ive been driving mine this week with no PAS, its not to bad but it doesnt make life easy.

I removed them then cut them, they were tight mind!

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
So today didnt turn out as planned,

Car didnt get cleaned, I didnt get pictures and I didnt get tracking done. But I did get an MOT!

Car is to low for the usual place I use to get tracking done, so plan is as follows.
-Fit skoda splitter
-Aero catch front bumper
-Raise front 10mm, literally was just to low to get the gauges in/on.

This weekend fit/change,
-Cambelt
-Megane Pulley
-Dephaser
-Oil filter and oil
-Spark Plugs

@AlexW had kindly said he will teach/show me how to do the belts. Seeing as its just about the only thing ive never done on a clio :smile:

Future plans
-Fit braided lines and rebleed with ATE super blue.
-Possibly fit EPAS, will see how I find driving the car. Done 10 miles today and as long as you dont try to turn the wheel whilst stationary its fine.
-Book Bedford for Feb.
-Get the 888's fitted onto my spare F1's.
-Fit Decat
-Get some decent pictures of the car in Daylight!

Think thats it!

I like the fact it is going to be at Bedford! :)

So today @AlexW had kindly offered to help/show me how to do the cambelt, ill be honest he done most of it and I spent most of the time cleaing/painting my rocker cover. I do have some idea of how its done now, which is a start! Oh and my pictures from today are as bad as always.

Old belts/pulleys with yellow marks on for timing.
IMG_4832.jpg

Timing was out.
IMG_4833.jpg

Fitted a megane keyed crank pulley, future proofing et all ;)
IMG_4834.jpg

I also inherited a new catch tank from @Dr Jekyll , in the form of a coffee tin!
IMG_4835.jpg

This is a picture of correctly timed engine, though its over exposed to s**t and I appear to not have much coolant lol
IMG_4836.jpg

New belts/dephaser/stuff.
IMG_4837.jpg

And another over exposed photo of an my car back together.
IMG_4838.jpg

And some idiots also gate crashed my drive.
IMG_4840.jpg

So today the following was fitted/installed/used,
-New genuine cambelt kit thanks to @Rhys Beal
-New Dephaser Pulley
-Megane keyed crank pulley
-Rocker covered painted and re-sealed
-5l 5w50 Valvoline Oil
-New Filter
-Some bolts

Possibly other bits, havent actually taken the car for a decent drive yet but at least I know its now running exactly as it should!

Many.
Will be good to see if you think its quicker now. I reckon it will be, considering how far out the timing was, plus the slightly fooked dephaser.

Yeh! Tbh I've barely driven it anyway so unsure if I'll notice lol

When I drove it after the MOT it did feel quick tbh.

Also wish I had of removed that splitter today so I could get the tracking done!

Apart from fixing little bits and sourcing epas parts not alot has happened with this.

Changed the washer pump.
IMG_4842.jpg

Changed the wipers.
IMG_4846.jpg

Changed the filter, new one on the left. Same size except it cones in at the top.
IMG_4849.jpg

And some random pictures from a dingy multi story.
IMG_4852.jpg

IMG_4856.jpg

IMG_4857.jpg

IMG_4858.jpg

IMG_4868.jpg

IMG_4869.jpg

Hasnt been cleaned since Ive owned it, the car has done just over 500miles since I got it (which I cant remember when as it was a while back) and 150 of them where my friend driving it home.