ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dmallett's PH1 Flame-shed.

Looked sweet when I was following you home the other day.

Sounds a bit dodgy that, your rear isnt too shabby either ;) Cheers mate! I am 100% happy with the way it looks now, nothing needs changing IMO.

Love the induction setup on this. Does it offer any improvement doing it that way with there being less bends in it?

I dont really understand the ins and outs of it but I would say so due to less restriction. But with the battery not being there it is daft not too, I still might change it again to be behind the grill or something but for now it works :)

Mine gained 3bhp with that induction setup :smile:

Lovely car mate. Reminds me so much of my PH1

Every little helps! ha. Cheers mate!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Thought I'd chuck these in here

15573857214_2bbbf59878_z.jpg

16008931190_53519876dd_z.jpg

Awesome mark! Can't believe it still looks clean in photos lol

Made a mental list of bits to order from Renault when I get paid on the way back from North Weald, especially that window trim lol

Semi succesful day.

@AlexW came round and we set about fitting the epas, it didnt take long and the car was looking like this.
IMG_4874.jpg

EPAS v Sport Column. And this is where we hit problems, I didnt have the lower part of the EPAS column thinking the sport column would unbolt and fix to it. I was wrong it would seem!
IMG_4873.jpg

Regardless of this Alex did his thing and fixed wires together. Joining the ebay box of tricks to the loom and so on.

IMG_4875.jpg

Whilst Alex done that, I fitted the adjuster to the light pannel.
986A7C03-5774-4076-AFEE-64A9A016853C.jpg

And this is how we left it. All wired in, though we dont know if it works lol. We tried it but the motor didnt seem to do anything, unsure if its because it had no resistance or not but it had power. We also found out the ph1 squib doesnt fit to the EPAS column, Alex has kindly offered to drop one of this week.
IMG_4876.jpg

Oh and I fitted the heel and toe pedal.
IMG_4870.jpg

Need a new cable, pedal sags bad!
IMG_4872.jpg

So semi succesful day, Oh and I now my dials converted to LED which look pretty good! Picture to follow when its dark :)

Really hard to take a photo of these! Looks utterly brilliant and will look even better once my dash is back in lol
IMG_4884.jpg

IMG_4883.jpg

Massive thanks to @AlexW for these too lol

Window switches Alex has taken home to play with as they are different to the ph2, see if he can change them! Ive gota order the heater control/clock bulbs too finish it off now! Getting the car so it steers comes first though lol

Thanks guys!

The rev counter was a little teething issue, its fixed now.

Correct Mark, 1 of 4 reject track wheels Ive collected. That red rim'd one is hideous looking lol

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
With the conversion is there actually that much bleeding from the lights or is it just the pictures. Especially on the LCD. It's the only thing putting me off really

With the conversion is there actually that much bleeding from the lights or is it just the pictures. Especially on the LCD. It's the only thing putting me off really

Not at all, they look quite sharp in reality. Im pretty useless at using my camera so those are the best I could get lol

The LCD is crystal clear

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Out of interest, why do people do the epas change? I always thought electric steering felt rubbish in comparison but obviously not in this case or people wouldn't do it lol

Car looks awesome.

Simplicity of the engine bay & less pipes to leak, no fluid to boil over on track. I would say reliability too, but I don't know who reliable epas is in the long run.

The beauty is you can adjust it. I liked the car with out pas until you were doing less than 5mph & trying to park.

Fingers crossed I'll have it up and running tonight so I can deliver my thoughts on how it feels!

gudger12345

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172
@Korky
Kirk will i need the lower column and a different squib to fit the Epas to my PH1, you didnt need it for yours did you.

Ended up with getting another column today, I only needed the lower part of the column so I now have a spare/one to sell on in time.
@AlexW then dropped round a ph2 squib.

Then like a mad man Alex got stuck in, I was a bit reluctant due to the rain! We also broke all of my portable lights, things were going well!
IMG_4903.jpg

Rack City. We ended up using part of my pas column, part of the epas column and then the upper column from a DCI that we fitted yesterday.
IMG_4904.jpg

Ph1 squib on the left, mounting is different to the ph2 squib on the right. Ph2 item fitted, then streamlined slighty (air bag wires removed.)
IMG_4905.jpg

Alex drove it and was impressed, Im yet to do so.

Few interior pannels to back in, few other bits to fix on too. Need to find a fix for the drivers side heater tubing too.

Getting there !

Many.
Dci tube won't fit either, I checked on my DCi at the time. You'd need a non sport heater box too, poss just an issue on a pH1 tbf.

I love the adjustbility, I am going to do it on my Flamer now, purely for this reason.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah Ph2 doesn't have any issues with the vent pipe. Just Ph1 :/

I may fit an EPAS column. I'm quite happy without it and I don't use the car much but the adjustability might come in useful. We'll see...

Driven it,

Its very nice to drive and its awesome being able to adjust it, I currently have it set to almost off. Once I get used to it im sure ill stop changing it so much.

At current the indicator doesnt cancel, so I need a ph2 indicator stalk.

Coming along nicely Dan,

Every time I come back on here an look at people Ph1 project it gets me in the mood to get cracking at mine again instead of thinking about selling it. Damn you lot!

Ph2 boot hatch with Ph1 rear bumper is a good shout though. Looks spot on IMO, but then im bias.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Can't believe how much I've gone off ph2 lights on a flamer, used to love them, now I think they look fussier.

But hey, you've not sold the car yet so you deserve praise for that!