ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DJRoberts/DannyR Ph1 172 Supercharged Fast Road/Track ****

SQ5
If I must so say myself, the cage looks f**king awesome against the colour of the car! Also got the custom side mounts fitted up to the seats too! Tonight, half the cage went in, steering frame went in, dash got hacked about and taken back to how it will probably stay with a bit of a change around in the middle. Loom then started to get put in! Tomorrow night interior loom should be in fully where it should be going!

7b934e69.jpg

95ea9755.jpg

113e56c9.jpg

75ca6d86.jpg

9c5186ca.jpg

34f039b0.jpg

2b08c321.jpg

c37d6b01.jpg

75410fe9.jpg

5b7720c0.jpg

c13590bf.jpg

CLIO PH1 172
WANT!!!

looks awsome together will look alot better when seats ect are in, how much of the dash are you putting back and what finish is it having flocked ect..?

this project is soo good always waiting for you to update it love this car :D

edit :just seen your wanted thread take it your having trayed ph1 dash flocked? ;)

Last edited:
  SQ5
Cheers dude, appreciate it! The top part of the dash will go back in but the lower part will basically be whats showing in the pics above. The centre bit where the heaters go will be carbon fibre plate with switches etc on but now having to find somewhere for the gauges to go! It will be flocked, along with the top of it, steering wheel surround is also flocked

SQ5
It is a shame to put it back in!, a lot has been cutaway though so it will be seen! Only need the bottom bit to hold top bit and gauges and clocks in too

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Really starting to like this, was unsure about the blue at first but like it now.

Think it may be my 2nd fav PH1 ;)

SQ5
If I could afford digi dash I could, top dash will be modified to house some gauges too and then flocked, just need lower spec dash top!

Got the rest of the inside loom in too tonight :)

alien green rs133
can i have another ride out in it when its back together, i wanna feel the power it has now. ill let you have a drive of the sunshine bus, not much of a deal but meh ;D

looking sweet btw. makes me wanna respray mine a special renault colour ;)

SQ5
No short jokes?!? ;) lol!

Boot and door insides have been sprayed, boot went back on tonight and all cables into the boot lid!

SQ5
Jonny would probably kill you once it's done and you did that lol!

Engine went back in tonight and most of engine loom too, just need to get aux belt on, pipes in place and coolant in the system then it's go time!

Arches are getting rolled on the rear to accomodate the wheels being spaced the same as the front. Doors on tomorrow them outside ready for prepping :)

CLIO PH1 172
wow sounds good what spacing you putting on the rear, must be a fair bit for it to need rolling, or not?

SQ5
25mm just to match the fronts, they are only coming out a little bit as could fit 15mm behind now with no problems!

SQ5
Everything is back in the engine bay now, just need some supercharger oil and the coolant going in plus brake lines finishing off. Turns over but it won't start. Got power at the pump but fuel pump won't prime. Immobiliser light stays on for few seconds then goes off as it should, any ideas!?

White Evo V
Danny in the pics it looks like your intercooler rubbing on the front panel slightly at the drivers side, same as mine was! It started knocking and was verynoying :mad:.
You wanna see to that before it rubs through the alloy on the cooler!
Today I used the dremmel and cut a 2 inch long notch out my front panel, I cut the ridge off - you'll see what I mean when you look at it! Works a treat and the intercooler clears nicely, no more knocking!!

SQ5
Yes battery in the back, just there now for testing :)

Mine doesn't rub, the bracket that holds the cooler on to the rad that side isn't bolted as the hose kept coming off!

White Evo V
Mine doesn't rub, the bracket that holds the cooler on to the rad that side isn't bolted as the hose kept coming off!

Id have a good look at the cooler, in the pics on the drivers side there is a mark on the cooler right at the top, exactly same place as mine!

SQ5
Found the missing part of the loom just laying in the donor car, very lucky for me! Hopefully tomorrow night we will be up and running!

SQ5
Still can't get engine to run, so got cracking fixings panels on. External spraying isn't happening for a little bit as it's not really meant to be in workshop were it is so it's now having to be moved! List of things is small now and can actually remember a

throttle cable, rear brake pads, track rod ends, rear brake pipe, subframe to
body brackets and wiring issues!

As it looks now

ddf03d39.jpg

d0a99500.jpg

4bba13e1.jpg

d8e84aae.jpg

SQ5
Got most bits done today, mate dropped out helping as AYC pump had killed itself on his Evo. But got it running, was a dodgy earth to the fuel pump, although it was hanging on enough to give a continuity. Only subframe to chassis brackets, brake bias valve, bleed brakes and fix the seat in now :D

SQ5
All up and going, took it for a spin earlier! Missing PAS but no ABS is so sharp on the brakes! Engine feels like it's choking, on WOT it just does nothing, so got a better filter to fit on tomorrow as the one I have is broken and sucking towards charger a lot. Also kept tapping every now and again :S