ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Just going through the DRB section now - everyone is being a (un)willing target. The only one I've not killed is some woman with an afro. Knocked her out and dragged her past the people below in Quagmire date-rape-drug-stylee....

dxhr2011-08-3118-16-39-75.jpg

Neither of them even glanced at me lol - sneaking about nonsense FTL. I'll see what she says up ahead. Any issues and she'll end up in the sewer.

It's SO much rewarding playing it like Cookie would.

D.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
FLOL. Some gang-members these are. I killed the one outside and the one in the room ages ago - yet these two in the corner have returned and carry on as if nothing's wrong? PMSL...

dxhr2011-08-3118-28-00-86.jpg

Oh well. Another two on their way to increasing my kill-count.

D.

Fiesta ST-2
Just got on to the third boss. F*ck, this game is addictive. Hard but awesome. One of the best games I've played in a LONG time.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I'm just sneaking my way around TYM now, trying to get into the data core room.

How far am I from the end, roughly?

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Still quite a way yet (i've not completed it yet but am a far way ahead of you), i'm in Singapore now.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
AWESOME.

I think I'm over 20 hours already... easily actually. :eek:

People that've done this in around 20 hours must've smashed through the main storyline!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I'm still in China. Has anyone managed to successfully hack the keypad on the wall of the Hive nightclub to get into the office? I can hack it ok, but the bodyguards are lethal. Might have to take them all out first.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Look around... or more importantly, listen. You'll find a pocket secretary with a handy code.

Cheers mate. However, will the bodyguards not kick off because I've gone into the office? More importantly, is there anything worth stealing in that office from the computer? It's good hacking into them to rob the data stores, but only if it's worth doing.

Oh, and I also got the Perfect Landing Augmentation so I can fall from any height now with no damage. That is awesome, especially the mini cut scene when you land :cool:

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
FLOL. Some gang-members these are. I killed the one outside and the one in the room ages ago - yet these two in the corner have returned and carry on as if nothing's wrong? PMSL...

dxhr2011-08-3118-28-00-86.jpg

Oh well. Another two on their way to increasing my kill-count.

D.

LOL yeah. They really are braindead at times.

Also, I quite like the stealth factor, but this playthrough I'm going for whatever I see best in the situation at hand. If there's too many guys, I'll sneak. If it's 3 or 4, I'll take them out. I've upgraded my 10mm pistol now quite extensively. It's a beast, with a silencer :cool:

Evo 5 RS
Scutch it's actually easier if your play style is stealth / non lethal as you can gain access via the basement. Theres a couple of emails which are of no importance, but you can disable some of the cameras too

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Getting a bit 'meh' with this now - really, really am getting annoyed at traversing the map so much and sprint 3ft before getting exhausted.

I'll stick at it, but roll on ME3 for me. There's not enough FPS sh1t going down in this.... ;)

D.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Scutch it's actually easier if your play style is stealth / non lethal as you can gain access via the basement. Theres a couple of emails which are of no importance, but you can disable some of the cameras too

Exactly this.

I think I've got the 'Ghost' rating for nearly every section now. :eek:

Evo 5 RS
Getting a bit 'meh' with this now - really, really am getting annoyed at traversing the map so much and sprint 3ft before getting exhausted.

I'll stick at it, but roll on ME3 for me. There's not enough FPS sh1t going down in this.... ;)

D.

lol but it's not meant to be anything like ME3! Did you never play the original? System Shock 2? Deus Ex was inspired by this game in particular. ME3 has no stealth element, in terms of mission design it's extremely linear and it's even lacking things as simplistic as an inventory. Don't get me wrong ME is great, but they're worlds apart mate. The only thing comparable is character interaction - ME has plenty more. Deus Ex isn't an FPS either ;) It's an RPG where you can shoot things ;)

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

D.

Upgrade your Sprint Aug.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
lol but it's not meant to be anything like ME3! Did you never play the original? System Shock 2? Deus Ex was inspired by this game in particular. ME3 has no stealth element, in terms of mission design it's extremely linear and it's even lacking things as simplistic as an inventory. Don't get me wrong ME is great, but they're worlds apart mate. The only thing comparable is character interaction - ME has plenty more. Deus Ex isn't an FPS either ;) It's an RPG where you can shoot things ;)

Spot on. It's an RPG first. You just have the option to shoot your way through.

The main theme gives me goosebumps. Epic soundtrack.

Last edited by a moderator:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Trust me - I was there with Shodan from the very start. Both SS1 and SS2 were epic games in their own right - and a complete shame that Looking Glass bought the bullet through lack of sales. The hacking section within SS1 was quite frankly, a work of genius.

I didn't mean to portray the ME series as a 'carbon-clone' of Deus Ex or vice versa. But as a story-driven RPG game, complete with narrative and decisions to be made - I said I was now looking forward to ME3 more. It's hardly like I'm trying to compare Deus Ex to FIFA2011 or Forza, is it? ;)

I do like Deus Ex - that goes without saying. But the rose-tinted view I had of it from the start, like freeing the hostages from that bomb and the Zeke (?) incident really wanted me to carry on and delve into the story further. It just feels like it's running out of steam for me now, but hopefully that will change.

Maybe because most people here like the stealth aspect to it, that they are getting more from the game? Who knows - hopefully I'll catch a 2nd wind with it and get hooked again. :)

D.

Evo 5 RS
The stealth aspect makes up a large portion of the gameplay, yes. I found myself quick loading quite a few times trying to do this one corridor just that tiny bit better without being seen etc, and looking for different routes via roof air ducts. If you're approaching with a guns all out approach I'd imagine you'd breeze through the game in a much shorter time, although on the hardest difficulty you would have to make massive use of the cover system. This is just it though, if you prefer that approach then the game does actually just become for the most part - a cover shooter. Which isn't necessarily a good thing. The original game was a lot harder to take this approach, to the extent you'd just keep dying if you tried. The cover system opens up that avenue a lot more but it's still a waste if you play that way IMO. It's a lot more enjoyable being a sneaky git.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Stealth FTL

This is how you do it :eek:

Low on ammo? check
Need to get in a building full of enemies? check

Solution - Go outside, take control of one of the turrets, set it on 'enemies', carry it inside the building drop it and LOL

AWESOME.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Stealth FTL

Low on ammo? check

Solution - Go outside, take control of one of the turrets, set it on 'enemies', carry it inside the building drop it and LOL

AWESOME.

PMSL! Then carry it around with you.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Stealth FTL

Low on ammo? check

AWESOME.

Lol. That sounds much better!

Either that, or kill them in two batches. Post #167 clearly shows that some of the bad-guys don't give a sh1t! :)

D.

Evo 5 RS
Espionage

Espionage or spying involves an individual obtaining information that is considered secret or confidential without the permission of the holder of the information. Espionage is inherently clandestine, lest the legitimate holder of the information change plans or take other countermeasures once it is known that the information is in unauthorized hands. Sometimes involves hacking turrets and killing everyone in anyone given space whilst laughing hysterically and doing it wrong.

;)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Stealth FTL

Low on ammo? check

AWESOME.

F*cking caveman. ;)