ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Integra Type-R DC2
Best tactic ive found for hacking is to just pick the lower security points first, if your lucky youll hack those without detection. If you get detected, prioritise hacking the next point then quickly start fortifying the previous points while the hack goes. If you time it right, you should be hacking, then fortifying to buy more time, then quickly switching back to hack the next point. Its all about prioritising. You should always be hacking a point and fortifying the closest point if you have time.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Ive completed it. so don;t view spoiler if you haven't.

Massively disappointed with how short this game was, considering the rumours of 30-40 hours of game time, i think i did it within 10hours on the hardest difficulty completing side quests along the way. No way deserves its 9.5/10. Good game none the less though.

I chose the Sarif ending

If you finished it that quick you must of been playing it in the most linear way possible. With all the exploring, f**king about, going back and forth trying different things and ways of doing things and whatnot its taken me probably 25 hours or so, just this second finished it.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Best tactic ive found for hacking is to just pick the lower security points first, if your lucky youll hack those without detection. If you get detected, prioritise hacking the next point then quickly start fortifying the previous points while the hack goes. If you time it right, you should be hacking, then fortifying to buy more time, then quickly switching back to hack the next point. Its all about prioritising. You should always be hacking a point and fortifying the closest point if you have time.

Yep, I'd agree with that.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Tbh I was starting to find it too much like MGS for my liking (I can't be arsed with sneaky around) but I think I've finally managed to get myself and my weapons up to a high enough level for it not to be a problem if I take people on. I'm not into the swing of things and am quite enjoying it now actually, the game is very clever in the way you pickup side quests and that really you need to complete the side quests to unlock the tools required to complete the main quests.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Tbh I was starting to find it too much like MGS for my liking (I can't be arsed with sneaky around) but I think I've finally managed to get myself and my weapons up to a high enough level for it not to be a problem if I take people on. I'm not into the swing of things and am quite enjoying it now actually, the game is very clever in the way you pickup side quests and that really you need to complete the side quests to unlock the tools required to complete the main quests.

I think it caters well for everyone. If sneaking is your thing you can sneak, but if you wanna just pwn the f**k out of everyone you can equally do that. I like to combine the two, sneak around taking people out. I don't think I ever left anyone alive at any point, Even the ones I did the silent takedown on (the non death one) once they were asleep I shot them in the head with my silenced pistol lol.

MKV R32
I think it caters well for everyone. If sneaking is your thing you can sneak, but if you wanna just pwn the f**k out of everyone you can equally do that. I like to combine the two, sneak around taking people out. I don't think I ever left anyone alive at any point, Even the ones I did the silent takedown on (the non death one) once they were asleep I shot them in the head with my silenced pistol lol.

The takedown confuses me, every person i take down ends up being dead, and still dead when i see them ages later (for example the people in the apartments)

If you finished it that quick you must of been playing it in the most linear way possible. With all the exploring, f**king about, going back and forth trying different things and ways of doing things and whatnot its taken me probably 25 hours or so, just this second finished it.

Finished it in 24ish yesterday afternoon. Did all the side missions too!

Did anyone that finished it continue watching until the end of the credits? :)

The takedown confuses me, every person i take down ends up being dead, and still dead when i see them ages later (for example the people in the apartments)

If you only knocked them out they will stay down until someone spots them and revives them. You can work out what takedown you are doing as one has blood and the other doesn't :p

I'm amazed you have completed it but didn't know how that worked :S

Last edited:
  Evo 5 RS

If you completed it in nearer ten hours than 20 you were doing something massively wrong. Theres loads of stuff you missed.. it's possible to rush through the fist Deus Ex in 10 hours iirc

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I'm loving it now, really got to grips with everything (hacking, takedowns etc) just breezed through the factory level doing everything.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Hear, hear! Simply because no game that ever existed does it properly! Even in this, I ventilated those two drug dealers - got shot at by all and sundry and simply retreated to that underground shaft nearby for a few minutes. Came out with weapon holstered and everything was rosy again.

Likewise in the Police station - I triggered the alarm, one guard got a round off towards me and I ducked into an airshaft. Close the grate behind me and he's stood no more than 6 inches away saying things like "we'll get you" and "you can't hide". Really? I'll just sit here for a few mins and let things calm down, shall I?

Proper, realistic 'sneaking' about would be a huge programming task. The amount of variables to consider - noise, shadows, movement of objects, perception and awareness of the AI, etc - is way beyond the ability of games to implement effectively. So you end up learning how far the mechanics of the game will go before it puts you in the pooh-stuff. It's not really sneaking - just finding out what you can get away with and what you can't. As such, I detest any form 'sneaking' in games. It's a tiresome learning procedure imo...

D.

1.8 Civic EX
Sneaking/stealth....

I triggered the alarm
D.

you're doing it wrong ;)

Totally agree with what you're saying though, if you do get spotted it doesn't really take much for the AI to give up looking. Thats why I just don't get spotted, by anyone. If i do I load the most recent save, which is also probably why it's taking me sooo frigging long to get anywhere in the game lol

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I smooth-talked my way into the police station and had free run of the whole place.

You're not playing it correctly! ;)

20+ hours in now. Just moved to the new city for TYM.

Evo 5 RS
Hear, hear! Simply because no game that ever existed does it properly! Even in this, I ventilated those two drug dealers - got shot at by all and sundry and simply retreated to that underground shaft nearby for a few minutes. Came out with weapon holstered and everything was rosy again.

Likewise in the Police station - I triggered the alarm, one guard got a round off towards me and I ducked into an airshaft. Close the grate behind me and he's stood no more than 6 inches away saying things like "we'll get you" and "you can't hide". Really? I'll just sit here for a few mins and let things calm down, shall I?

Proper, realistic 'sneaking' about would be a huge programming task. The amount of variables to consider - noise, shadows, movement of objects, perception and awareness of the AI, etc - is way beyond the ability of games to implement effectively. So you end up learning how far the mechanics of the game will go before it puts you in the pooh-stuff. It's not really sneaking - just finding out what you can get away with and what you can't. As such, I detest any form 'sneaking' in games. It's a tiresome learning procedure imo...

D.

Go up the staircase on the facing apartment block with tranq rifle.. job done ;) I agree with you though, the A.I can be frustrating at times, very much so nearer the end. It's inevitable to have downers in a game which tries to do so much and give all that choice

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Go up the staircase on the facing apartment block with tranq rifle.. job done ;) I agree with you though, the A.I can be frustrating at times, very much so nearer the end. It's inevitable to have downers in a game which tries to do so much and give all that choice

Yep - I completely agree. Being so open to your own personal type of play, means that it will have its drawbacks. Might start using the stun gun more often too. I'd always prefer to give the opposition a high-velocity migraine however, than crawl around boxes and desks - pretending not to be seen. ;)

D.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I smooth-talked my way into the police station and had free run of the whole place.

You're not playing it correctly! ;)

20+ hours in now. Just moved to the new city for TYM.

Yeah I got in the police station by using the Social Aug perk.

I also got the Ghost Achievement for sneaking in to hack the computer in the apartment just after arriving in China. Didn't kill anyone :cool:

One of the Achievements is Pacifist and another is not setting off any alarms at all during an entire playthrough. That could take some patience!

Rescued Ning last night in China, so that's where I am at the moment. Also used the shotgun for the first time - wow, that thing packs a punch, and I haven't upgraded it at all, yet.

1.8 Civic EX

I also got the Ghost Achievement for sneaking in to hack the computer in the apartment just after arriving in China. Didn't kill anyone :cool:

One of the Achievements is Pacifist and another is not setting off any alarms at all during an entire playthrough. That could take some patience!

Rescued Ning last night in China, so that's where I am at the moment. Also used the shotgun for the first time - wow, that thing packs a punch, and I haven't upgraded it at all, yet.

I'm going for both of those on my first playthrough :) although I think I may have missed out on one already. When it says "alarms" do you think it means actual alarm systems or when someon spots you and it comes up as "alarmed" by the map? If it's the latter then I've defo cocked up and won't get that one as i didn't take out the two druggies on the basket ball court in one hit.

BMW Z4
What's everyone rolling with weapon wise on here??

I've been using the pistol with armour piercing rounds, silencer and extended mag.

Integra Type-R DC2
I was rocking with the shotgun, combat rifle and SMG. I've just sacked them all off now and gone for the 10mm pistol with armour piercing ammo, laser and silencer, revolver with the explosive upgrade and that stun gun thing (forgot its abbreviated name).

1.8 Civic EX
stun gun

all other weapons/ammo has been sold.

I've kept a combat rifle now though as I assume I'm going to need some sort of leathal weapon for the bosses (I'm still wandering the streets of detroit doing side missions, most recent story driven mission was to visit the Limb Clinic)

I'm struggling with the hacking tbh , i'm on level 3 capture , but just don't know what i'm doing really , it's more a fluke than skill with me at the mo.

Any basic hacking talk throughs?

Evo 5 RS
where abouts are you? I think the arms dealer in one of the apartment blocks has one in Detroit. In China the arms dealer in the bottom of the sucky sucky five dollar hotel has one for grabs too

BMW Z4
As above, got mine in the bottom of the hotel as soon as you reach china, best thing I've bought so far! Sneaky headshots FTW!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Jesus. That sounds about as much fun as me resitting my A-level exams.

If the game equipped you with zero guns, then fair enough. But it doesn't. So by that very definition, people will die. Though admittedly I think I've killed a few people in haste - usually those that offer some form of back-talk just prior to me going all Mr.T on their ass.

D.