ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Sealing glasses doesn't really work as you're not going fast enough for it to do anything to clear off. And it doesn't aid visibility.

I did it to my motorbike helmet visor and works well in any rain just by turning your head to the side. But did nothing for my cycling glasses

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Bye bye shiny leather and steering wheel.

17816761149_a99d06f5b4_k.jpg
20150523_134301 by Tom White, on Flickr

I just now need to somehow either clean my mats or buy new ones.
Vac your mats.
Spray liberally with interior cleaner (cheap halfords upholstery aerosols work well for this)
Scrub with stiff brush. (A bit bigger than a nail brush)
Vac again.
Spray a light mist of cleaner again.
Stripe your carpets whichever way suits.
Leave in sun to dry.

Bosh.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
I did similar the other day, Vacuumed, Sprayed with AF Verso, Got the Wet Vac with whatever carpet shampoo was in it and scrubbed with the attached Brush/Vac attachment.
I loved my stripey mats for the few days it lasted.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Anyone a user of wolfs chemicals white satin shampoo?

I had a small sample from waxy box and remember it being quite nice but only got a couple of washes out of it

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I heard very very good things about it Dave, Nick a guy off DW has tried a massive amount of shampoos over the years and he really really likes it.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Quite old school now and the colours are just gimmicks really. If it's white you want a good cleanser a nice glaze and a sealant imo.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
evening cleaning geeks :)

Is covering a 197 diffuser doable with C4? With it being quite a large area, i'm a little worried that parts might start to cure before removing the excess?

Also thinking of doing the grille too, again this ok as its quite intricate?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
if anyone has some unwanted triple and reload they want to off load Pm me.
If you can't wait on sample mate I have 3rd of a bottle of Reload you can have and a 3rd bottle of tripple for a nominal fee for the pair. Pm me.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
evening cleaning geeks :smile:

Is covering a 197 diffuser doable with C4? With it being quite a large area, i'm a little worried that parts might start to cure before removing the excess?

Also thinking of doing the grille too, again this ok as its quite intricate?
Do it in smaller sections. Don't need to coat he whole panel before removing. I'll break down a wheel into 3 sections. Rears, outside face and then spokes. No reason you can't do the same with a panel. As soon as you feel it's starting to cure after a few minutes stop buff off and move on. It's only an issue if you leave it a while before re applying to the next part as the overlapping g edge will be too far cured.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Nope, picking up bottles this week.

You want the Tripple and Reload sent down at the same time?

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone used CC Platinum wheels?

Currently got one coat on the wheels, Have seen people mention two coats two hours apart so I'm wondering if its worth the extra wait? I want as much protection i can get due to the aggressive compound pads i run

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Can anyone comment on how good af glisten spray wax is,just run out of my other so is this any good thanks

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Thanks does it add any richness to the paint i fancy a change from my other carnauba sprays,was going to buy another zaino z8 but its pricey

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Get some done and dusted chap. It's probably the best QD, top up i've used.

Reactions: JD

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Thanks does it add any richness to the paint i fancy a change from my other carnauba sprays,was going to buy another zaino z8 but its pricey

I've not used any other qd/top ups to compare it to but it certainly makes it glossy.

That said... It works well on my previously decontaminated, cleansed and protected car.

It didn't work well at all on my girlfriends just washed car.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Thanks will order some and see how i get on will be trying it over dodo rubbish boys wax

Cayman S Edition 1
Gave both T5's a wash today and amazed how the Gyeon Wetcoat is holding up after a month. Seriously impressed with the stuff and highly recommend it to anyone considering it. Infact my tyres still look great, 2 weeks after applying the Gyeon Tire Q2;)

Golf GT & A4 Avant
image.jpg
When you don't think your wash mitt is quite dead until you see it against it's replacement. Originally bought end of August 2014

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I'm kind of interested in getting a car polisher to try, nothing too fancy, fool proof and reasonable money. Had a mooch on eBay but tbh are they crap? They are about £60 which sounds good but....

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Strangely was just looking at that on eBay. It looks very similar to the one I borrowed to do the headlights. 7 speed, was quite heavy too. It cost him about £115 a bit ago. Didn't take much notice on the make but seemed good.